Biotest

Stalling Out After 3 Weeks?

Hey All,

I’ve been on the V-Diet for about 3 weeks now. I took measurements and pictures at the beginning, and will be taking pictures at the end, but I have only been weighing/measuring in between.

The diet has been going relatively well for me thus far, but this is the first week that I have run into this… I have only lost 1 lbm and most of my measurements stayed the same. A few of them (gut and thigh most notably) changed by about 1 in. or less, but most of them stayed the same.

I’m currently at 163 lbs. (morning, fasted post piss, shit, etc. weight) and from what my calipers read, between 13.5 and 14% bf. I started at 179 and probably about 18-20% bf. I have this range because I’m not quite “awesome” at using them yet; they’re the digital fat track II calipers from accumeasure.

So… What do I do? I’ve done DAMN well at following the diet guidelines; my caloric intake is about 1350 on non and 1650 on training days. Due to the calorie number, I only get in about 1 tbsp of natty pb/night. Maybe I should drop that from my daily intake for the last week? I would have recalculated, but Chris said not to readjust.

I’ll post my pics/stats if necessary, but I really wanted to just wait until “the end” of the V-Diet.

Thanks,

Kyle

I am new but with all the reading the answer is easy…

KEEP GOING!!!

Michael

Well, I’m going to keep going; I only have a week left and it’s not like I’m HYUGE at a fat weight of 165 and I’m risking a ton of muscle loss (that’s the next project). I’m mostly concerned about learning wtf is going on in regards to why the diet has stalled out (or if this is normal?) and how I can apply that knowledge to future dieting programs.

Kyle

Kyle,

I don’t think you stalled…at some point you will plateu but from what I read it will break soon…

As far as future dieting/workout I have been reading countless hours on different parts of this forum and there is a wealth of info out there…perhaps Chris or someone else will chime in and supply links, etc…

Good luck and keep going…you guys that are on the diet now are making my planning easier and learning what to expect. thanks man!

M

Thanks Demon…

I’ve been dieting this down for about 8 months now. I started out before my deployment at a weight of 215 at ~ 34% bf. Due to the poor meal selections aboard a naval vessel, I think that it could have gone a lot better, but none-the-less I’m fairly happy with the results.

I’m concerned at what point I should start adding lean muscle mass in fear of adding too much fat. I’ve read that if you’re overly fat, the muscle to fat gained ratio is about 1:4 or less, albeit I think that’s when you’re on a fairly large hypercaloric diet.

My overall plan for coming off of the V-Diet and going to a maintenance/slightly hypercaloric diet via lean eating is this:

Week 1: 1 HSM @ V-Diet calories
Week 2: 2 HSM @ V-Diet calories
Week 3: 3 HSM @ V-Diet calories
Week 4: 4 HSM @ V-Diet calories
Week 5: 5 HSM @ V-Diet calories
Week 6: V-Diet calories + 250 (probably an extra pwo shake)
Week 8: V-Diet calories + 500(probably a nice complex carb pwo meal)
Week 10: V-Diet calories + 750 (probably carbs at breakfast).

From there I’ll have to evaluate what I want to do. That will put me at something like 2100 calories on non and 2400 on training days. If I’m doing HIIT, a little running, and some moderately aggressive lifting, I think I’ll be headed in the right direction.

Any comments?

I think the important thing to remember here is that with the V-Diet you’ve dropped around 16 pounds in only 3 weeks!

That’s amazing, so it’s no surprise that the fat loss is slowing down near the end of the diet – you simply don’t have much left to lose. And you weren’t hugely overweight to begin with.

All that said, most V-Dieters who experience a “slow” week usually make a bigger jump during the next week. And often, natural body weight fluctuations are to blame for the seemingly slow week. So no worries.

Yes, I must not dismiss the fact that I have lost an additional 16 lbs., but I think 5 of that will return when I get back to including a respectable amount of carbs back into my diet.

I don’t know if most experience this, but (when I post my pics, this will be seen) it seems that most of my fat seems to be hanging out around my gut/lovehandles/upper thigh area. I don’t think that there is any method for spot reduction, so will this fat come off with further fat loss?

I think that I plan on using TRIBEX for 2 months beginning at my transition… I’m curious to see what this supplement will do. Back in the day when I was in great shape I used 4-AD-EC for a while and it was PHEONOMINAL! Can I expect similar gains with TRIBEX?

[quote]Smartass99 wrote:
Yes, I must not dismiss the fact that I have lost an additional 16 lbs., but I think 5 of that will return when I get back to including a respectable amount of carbs back into my diet.

I don’t know if most experience this, but (when I post my pics, this will be seen) it seems that most of my fat seems to be hanging out around my gut/lovehandles/upper thigh area. I don’t think that there is any method for spot reduction, so will this fat come off with further fat loss?

I think that I plan on using TRIBEX for 2 months beginning at my transition… I’m curious to see what this supplement will do. Back in the day when I was in great shape I used 4-AD-EC for a while and it was PHEONOMINAL! Can I expect similar gains with TRIBEX? [/quote]

1. Yes. This is the most common fat distribution pattern in males.

2. TRIBEX is good stuff, but check into 11-T if you’re looking for more of a prohormone effect:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/special_reports/something_wicked_this_way_comes_again

It seems better to leave the 11-T until I’m more into a straight “bulking” cycle if I’m on somewhat of a budget, huh?

What kind of experience can I expect with TRIBEX? I’ve looked around, but I can just get the general consensus that it’s good stuff and used for recovery from other supps/drugs…

Congrats dude…see I had a feeling that Chris would check out your thread…keep up the hard work man…I have all my stuff ready and going for it on the 2nd…I had to trim one day off…can’t wait! I watched what I ate the last week and half, worked out per guidlines, and lost 6LBS…If I can do that using my old methods I can’t wait to see what the V-Diet will do for me.

Keep going and good luck man!

M

Thanks bmwdemon,

I have come up with my plan for transition, and I wanted to run it by some of you guys. Please excuse the repetition as some of it is mentioned above, but there is more detail here and I switched it around a bit. I didn’t mention the training because I’m just going to follow the intermediate plan by Chad Waterbury. I will also continue to do a 1 hour NEPA walk each day:

Week 1: 1 HSM, v-diet cals, 1 20 minute jogging session, 1 jump rope/k-bell session
Week 2: Add 1 HSM, v-diet cals, 2 20 minute jogging sessions, 1 HIIT (either anerobic circuits or wind sprints)
Week 3: Add 1 HSM, v-diet cals, 1 30 minute jogging sessions, 2 HIIT sessions
Week 4: Add 1 HSM, v-diet cals, 2 20-30 minute jogging sessions, 2 HIIT sessions
Week 5: Not sure on how I want to train yet, and add 250 cals. I am thinking that breakfast is the best choice for the addition here. Add 1 HSM if practical, depending on the day/schedule.
Week 7: Add 250 cals, I am thinking that a modest pwo meal after my shake is the best place for this.
Week 9: Add 250 cals, Is another serving of Surge actually practical? I read about the coaches suggesting it, but has anyone tried it with respectable results?

I’ll continue to increase the calories in this manner until I hit maintanence… I will probably start getting back into BJJ and Muay Thai around “week 7”. The delay is due to my PRK eye surgery recovery and finishing up my B.S.

Please critique away!

Bump

The transition sounds good, I think it is close to what is outlined in one of Chris’s posts…Do you have your current data readily available?

Keep going…I am on Day 4 and moving along…already lost 5 lbs.

M