Biotest

Squats, L-Leucine & Surge Recovery

Hey Chris,

I just ordered the V-Diet and will be starting next Monday. I got three quick questions before I start.

1.) I seen that Biotest’s Leucine is on out of supply and to take that into account the V-Diet added 1 more scoop for the last shake of the day. Correct? Well, I have some L-Leucine I got a while ago (ordered in bulk), in a ratio of 4:1:1. Would it be alright to add a serving of that to a few of the shakes in the day?

2.) For Surge Recovery peri workout; can I do 1 scoop immediately before and 1 right after my workout, instead of 2 scoops post?

3.) I will be doing the intermediate workout program and, well, I’m not the best at back squats, but I love doing them and want to continue doing them. Is it a biggie if I do back squats in place of front squats? I can’t imagine going 4 weeks without them, as I want to continue to get better at them.

Thanks.

1. No need to add a scoop of protein. You may not need those extra cals and your pro needs are covered. You can use the leucine you have if you want, as long as it’s pure.

2. Best to sip during, then drink other half after. You could "bonk"if you drink a whole scoop pre-training.

3. Sometimes the best exercise to do is the one you’re not doing. I encourage you to give the front squats a shot.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

1. No need to add a scoop of protein. You may not need those extra cals and your pro needs are covered. You can use the leucine you have if you want, as long as it’s pure.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the respons, Chris.

By the way, I wasn’t saying I was going to add another scoop to the last meal, for a total of 3. The V-Diet program, when I typed in my numbers, said to take 3 scoops in the last shake of the day. I figured it was doing this because of no L-Leucine, but just wanted to clear that up with you.

How often do you suggest I take the L-Leucine?

The V-Diet never contained leucine until the most recent version. It’s just extra “muscle insurance.” So the diet works very well without it. In fact, I didn’t use leucine when I did the diet myself when formulating it. So, no big deal either way, but 2-3 servings per day in shakes is fine.

The V-Diet didn’t take the leucine shortage into account; depending on your weight, sex etc. some people just get a third scoop in some shakes.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted!

Chris,

Just out of curiousity (I’m running low), do you know how long Leucine is going to be out of stock?

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:
Chris,

Just out of curiousity (I’m running low), do you know how long Leucine is going to be out of stock?[/quote]

There’s a world-wide shortage of the best stuff right now, so Biotest is saving it all for MAG-10. But I’m hearing some progress in being made on that front to get it back as a stand-alone product. I don’t have an ETA yet, sorry.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:
Chris,

Just out of curiousity (I’m running low), do you know how long Leucine is going to be out of stock?[/quote]

There’s a world-wide shortage of the best stuff right now, so Biotest is saving it all for MAG-10. But I’m hearing some progress in being made on that front to get it back as a stand-alone product. I don’t have an ETA yet, sorry. [/quote]
I guess I better plant some Leucine trees in my backyard to make some money.

If you run out of MAG-10 I think we may have a T-Nation revolt!

Ohh wow-- im running low… I umm… wow. :frowning: