Biotest

Spike Original vs Spike Shooter

Besides the original Spike having a bit more caffeine and being nearly double in size than the Spike Shooter, are there any differences between the products?

I’ve never used either of them.

I’ve been using coffee and a can of monster energy drink.

I’m looking for some insight on the 2 products and on Spike in general. I’m new to Biotest products so advice from consumers and experts is really appreciated.

Thank you.

Spike Shotgun does have 50mg more caffeine than Shooter plus Beta Alanine, but Shooter contains Yohimbine HCL. Because of that, most people find Shooter to have more of a kick than Shotgun.

For future reference, you can bring up the labels of every Biotest and Spike product at the T Nation store:

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/spike-energy-drink"target=“new”>Spike Shotgun

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/spike-shooter"target=“new”>Spike Shooter

I like the big can! But I also enjoy the flavor and love to sip mine for a while.

I’ve never tried Spike Shooter as of yet, i do however use Spike Shotgun as i like Beta Alanine, which it has instead of yohimbine. Really i think it depends on how you react to yohimbine, for some its too much and they don’t react well to it. For others its not an issue. So just keep that in mind while deciding.

I see you’ve started threads about Brain Candy as well. What i do for days when i really need the focus/energy, i combine 1-bottle of caffeine-free Brain Candy with a can of my Spike Shotgun. Its pretty hard to beat the feeling you get with that combo.

[quote]Eazy wrote:
I’ve never tried Spike Shooter as of yet, i do however use Spike Shotgun as i like Beta Alanine, which it has instead of yohimbine. Really i think it depends on how you react to yohimbine, for some its too much and they don’t react well to it. For others its not an issue. So just keep that in mind while deciding.

I see you’ve started threads about Brain Candy as well. What i do for days when i really need the focus/energy, i combine 1-bottle of caffeine-free Brain Candy with a can of my Spike Shotgun. Its pretty hard to beat the feeling you get with that combo.
[/quote]

I’m really just looking for a pre workout energy drink. Still not sure if I should go with the shotgun or shooter.

Thanks for the insight!

It’s not a terribly difficult decision. I’d go with the big can! Orange Gold flavor. Hands down my favorite drink of all time, besides water.

I prefer the Spike tabs, awesome energy.

Spike Shooter is my favorite. Both are great choices for energy and they have a desirable taste. The spike shooter will give you a real kick start, I have tried many different types of energy drinks and nothing compares to it. Try them both??

Caffeine-free Brain Candy and the Spike Shooter is a great combo for the days when you need a lot of extra energy and focus in the gym.

Here’s something else to keep on mind: the Beta Alanine in Spike Shotgun is a proven performance enhancing supplement. While the yohimbine in Spike Shooter is a great fat loss agent. They may affect your choice depending on your goal.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Here’s something else to keep on mind: the Beta Alanine in Spike Shotgun is a proven performance enhancing supplement. While the yohimbine in Spike Shooter is a great fat loss agent. They may affect your choice depending on your goal. [/quote]

Got it, that really helps! Thanks Chris.

Spike Shooter is my favorite. I play drums. Drink it slow. It is not a toy…A lil bit goes a long way. It tastes great! Best energy drink out there. I have not tried the new Blue Razz yet.

You’re right - A little bit goes a long way for sure! I’ve never found any other energy drink that compares. You’ve got to try the Blue Razz, it’s AMAZING and my new favorite by far.