Biotest

Some Questions

This is my first post, so I would like to start by thanking everyone involved with T-Nation for helping to share all their knowledge and information, Chris, Chad and the others involved with the V-Diet.

OK, so I started the V-Diet last Monday and have just finished day 6 (well, just about to enjoy another dinner shake!). I am using mostly Biotest products - All recommended except 5kg of protein as I had to pick it all up during a recent trip to the USA (UK prices would require a small mortgage!).

I am 178cm, 180lbs, probably 12-15% body fat. I tend to eat mostly Paleo style foods, though I travel a lot with work (1 week in 4) where I tend to overeat. I have also been drinking 1-2 beers twice per week and my general dietary intake has slowly crept up! So I thought it was time for a ‘re-boot’ and the V-diet was a way to do it!

My meal timings are generally (+/- an hour or so)
0700 Get up, water + HR Extreme. Then go to work
1000 Breakfast Shake at work
1300 Lunch Shake
1600 Snack shake
1800 Workout
2000 Dinner Shake
1030 Bedtime shake

I work an office job and a secondary physically active job most weekends but would describe my cardio fitness as good; and my weight training as Intermediate level.

With that information, I have some queries:

1. Are the meal timings OK? I find myself better able to deal with the hunger if I wait until mid-morning to have my first shake.

2. NEPA - I have struggled to fit this in. With a newborn baby, and two jobs the 60-90 minutes to myself in the evening is pretty much the only time I get. Am I seriously limiting myself by not doing NEPA every day?

3. Stock/Bouillon cubes: I have massive cravings for salty food (Chicken Saag mmmm). I checked the caloric content of stock cubes (1.3g of Carbs, 1.2g fat, 0.9g of salt and lots of other crap). I appreciate that one of the v-diet principals is a change in food tasts - therefore can I drink these? my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

4. Flax seed - how much? I have been using about 20g in the breakfast/dinner shakes. Is that about the right amount?

5. I am following the intermediate training programme. I am finding it difficult to do the ‘walk out’ exercise as I cannot figure out where it is supposed to work (abs or chest/shoulders?). Is there a substitute that I can do which works the same areas?

6. The V-Burn challenge. This was pretty hard, but I felt uncomfortable with some of the movements (walkouts), single leg deadlifts etc. I almost felt as though I was finding a way to do the movements more efficiently (and incorrectly). With this in mind, is it worth substituting with a crossfit style metcon? I am familiar with these movements and know when my form is slipping.

7. I don’t seem to be having any stomach cramps, bad wind or any of the other complaints people are mentioning … Is this normal too?

8. L-Leucine - I have seen this as one of the principals of the diet, but it didn’t come up on the list of things to buy. I have been adding 5-10g of BCAAs each day - do I need to go get some L-Leucine or am I OK with BCAAs?

9. I hate marzipan! Who thought it was a good idea to make Surge marzipan flavoured and why call it original? This is mostly a joke Question!

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any replies. I will aim to post before/after pictures.

You’re doing the program wrong by not using Metabolic Drive.
As such I wont answer any questions that pertain to shake timing/hunger/etc

1. No.

2. There are videos that show how to do the program in the V-Diet section

3. Originally it took me getting used to Surge ( years ago ) I came to really enjoy the flavor.

I hope you can get the results you’re looking for.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

1. No.

3. Originally it took me getting used to Surge ( years ago ) I came to really enjoy the flavor.

I hope you can get the results you’re looking for.[/quote]

Thanks for the replies. If there is a way to get MD at a reasonable price in the UK, I would love to get some. Unfortunately it is about 75 USD for a single tub (I require 10 tubs). Does Biotest/Tnation do discounts armed forces?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply. I’m getting used to the surge taste, but mostly enjoying the sugar/carbs in it :slight_smile:

[quote]daniel4738 wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

1. No.

I hope you can get the results you’re looking for.[/quote]

Thanks for the replies. If there is a way to get MD at a reasonable price in the UK, I would love to get some. Unfortunately it is about 75 USD for a single tub (I require 10 tubs). Does Biotest/Tnation do discounts armed forces?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply. I’m getting used to the surge taste, but mostly enjoying the sugar/carbs in it :)[/quote]

Sadly do to taxes and import fees no I don’t think you can get them shipped cheaper. However if you live on base( if you’re in the US military ) can’t you get around the tax issue?