Biotest

So I Just Ordered My Batch

So I just got done ordering my 13 tubs of Metabolic Drive and it should be here Thursday. Two questions though:

First, how much is a serving of ground flax seeds? I assume the calories obtained are nearly negligible…

Second, how much of the fiber sups will I be taking? Is just use as needed. And what do people recommend for brands/types.

Backstory:
Well, I got into a Olympic Lifting back in '04. I had been going to a gym in my small town for some time and there was a dedicated area for olympic lifting. Four platforms, movable squat racks, blocks, jerk blocks, mats, mother fucking elieko bars, everything. Kind of unusual for a town of 3600… turns out Tom Hirtz was a coach there.

What drew me at first was… the chicks. Seriously, the gals with Tom were foxes and they were strong as hell. So, I figured I got to do that. I started training with one of the beginner coaches there and fell in love with the sport. Eventually, I was training 10 times a week, and my coaches suggested I go to Tom, because where I was going was beyond their coaching abilities.

About six months later I started training with Tom and holy shit. People in the community may or may not who know who Tom is, but his training philosophy makes most American lifters cringe. Not because it is poorly thought out, but because of the level of difficulty and volume. We have had high level track athletes come in (we’re are next to Tracktown Usa aka Eugene, Oregon) and vanish in a week. Same with higher level lifters; the absence of periodization makes their lip quiver…

Well, things were going good and then life happened… several times lol. I had to stop training three times, because of some serious problems in my life with the third time being the result of shredded shoulder. In May of 06, I started training by myself after a 4 month hiatus. I missed a snatch in a really bad way and wound up tearing my rotator cuff in half and detaching the majority of my labrum… so I was fucked for a good year and a half.

After the surgery I gained a lot of weight. I wasn’t able to do jack shit for about 7 months and gained about 25 pounds of tub. Last August, I started training again and after a year of solid progress, I still have that 20 pounds of tub on me. The amount of volume I do, makes doing cardio or HIIT a serious problem.

After reading the “I Hate Medium” article, I am devoting the next 35 days to “all out war” on the fat on my body. Right now I weigh 93-94 kilos with about 20% body fat. My goal is to lose at least 8-9 kilos. Hopefully, when Sept 20th comes around I will have my first comp in the 85 kg class in about 4 years.

I will post pics when I start.

13 tubs? Hope you’re not superstitious.

The calories from flax are deceptively high - use google to find a calorie count site.

[quote]elih8er wrote:
So I just got done ordering my 13 tubs of Metabolic Drive and it should be here Thursday. Two questions though:

First, how much is a serving of ground flax seeds? I assume the calories obtained are nearly negligible…

Second, how much of the fiber sups will I be taking? Is just use as needed. And what do people recommend for brands/types.

[/quote]

As for milled flax, any brand is fine. I’ve never really seen a bad brand. Just be sure to get milled flax, not whole and not the super fine flax meal. Refrigerate after you open it. Most people use 2-3 servings per day. Read label for calories and count them as part of daily total.

Some people also add sugar-free Fiber Choice tablets, a serving or two per day. You want to get around 20 to 25g of fiber total per day. Chocolate and vanilla Metabolic Drive will give you a couple of grams per two-scoop shake. Milled flax is abut 4g per servings. Fiber Choice is 2g per chewable tablet.

OMG it used to be like four servings of flax… two is so much better from a ‘remembering to put in the shake’ standpoint.

elih8er,

I have been putting togther my shake schedule and just happen to have my label from my flax seed.

2 tblsp (1 serving) 60 calories
5 g fat
4 g carbs
4 g fiber
3 g protein

I am not sure how other brands vary, but I can’t think much. Hope this helps.

fitnesslady

Mine is 30…? I tend to use Bob’s Red Mill which is 60; this is a vaccuum-pack from GNC I will go to the fridge in 2.5 hours and look up the details.

What would be a good way to add more calories? Sacrilege, but I am bonking so hard in my training because I am too calorie deficient. Is this normal for the first couple days?

Will I adapt? I am not hungry during the day, but during training I become slightly light headed and I get REALLY hungry. Right now training fucking sucks and my weights have dropped significantly.

I noticed a drop in strength when I started, but then it seemed to pick back up again after a week.

I stuck myself a little bad; I didn’t notice the V-Diet workouts until my second workout I had been planning on using a Turbulence Training [without the intervals] plan and use a bodyweight workout when on a work trip next week.

I’ve already found out where we’re staying and gotten a week at the nearby gym to lift and to walk on the treadmill if I can’t find a place to walk outside - yeah, it’s Oklahoma, but when you’re a stranger in a strange land maps and GPS are only marginally helpful and I don’t like being conspicuous when I’m away.

So I did a workout on Friday morning and then Saturday evening; that was pushing it. Back to a better routine this week.