Biotest

Slightly Sleepless in San Diego

On Day 4 and I’m posting at 2 am. I’m normally a solid 6-8 hour, no-interruption sleeper. The first 3 nights I’ve been waking up, voiding and then having difficulty getting back to sleep for 1-2 hours. I’m guessing it could be a number of things such as sudden diet change, caffeine intake (I was caffeine free before starting the diet), increased energy/hyperactivity, no alcohol, etc.

I adjusted my HOT-ROX intake to 2 capsules twice a day at 7am prior to my breakfast shake and the last dose 6 hours later around 2 or 3pm.

I’ll give it a few more nights to settle in but I’m wondering if I should dive into some Z-12.

Any suggestions?

[quote]valda1 wrote:
On Day 4 and I’m posting at 2 am. I’m normally a solid 6-8 hour, no-interruption sleeper. The first 3 nights I’ve been waking up, voiding and then having difficulty getting back to sleep for 1-2 hours. I’m guessing it could be a number of things such as sudden diet change, caffeine intake (I was caffeine free before starting the diet), increased energy/hyperactivity, no alcohol, etc.

I adjusted my HOT-ROX intake to 2 capsules twice a day at 7am prior to my breakfast shake and the last dose 6 hours later around 2 or 3pm.

I’ll give it a few more nights to settle in but I’m wondering if I should dive into some Z-12.

Any suggestions? [/quote]

Temporarily sleep disturbance is very common with any dietary change, so you’ll likely adjust. Z-12 is great stuff though. I highly recommend it for deeper, more restful sleep.

It’s probably not the HOT-ROX since you take your last dose early enough during the day.

Thanks. Day 5- better sleep but I’ll order the Z-12. I’m curious.

Sorry for the questions, I’m new at this. Yesterday (and for most days so far) I find myself “stuffed” and after my recovery shake (I workout in the evening due to work schedule) and the dinner shake, I didn’t want the bedtime shake, so I skipped it.

Admittedly, I had my mid-afternoon drink around 4pm so I had 3 servings in a 5 hour period. The question is; is it essential to have all 5 or 6 meals everyday or can I skip one on an occasion like this?

[quote]valda1 wrote:
Thanks. Day 5- better sleep but I’ll order the Z-12. I’m curious.

Sorry for the questions, I’m new at this. Yesterday (and for most days so far) I find myself “stuffed” and after my recovery shake (I workout in the evening due to work schedule) and the dinner shake, I didn’t want the bedtime shake, so I skipped it.

Admittedly, I had my mid-afternoon drink around 4pm so I had 3 servings in a 5 hour period. The question is; is it essential to have all 5 or 6 meals everyday or can I skip one on an occasion like this?[/quote]

Skip too often and your calories may fall too low, leading to possible metabolism slowdown or muscle loss. You can skip one SCOOP of protein in your daily regimen though. So if your plan gave you a 3 scoop shake, make it a 2.

But be sure to spread shakes as evenly as possible. That’s the key. And play with the amount of water and ice you use. You may went more or less to thicken or thin the shakes.