Biotest

Skipping the Weekly Solid Meal?

My wife recently started the V-Diet (Day 6) and asked me if she could forgo the weekly solid meal. Ive looked through this forum and elsewhere and I haven’t found anything pertaining to this. If I missed it, please forgive my poor researching skills.

Thanks in advance.

(Also this was supposed to be in the “Ask Chris” section and somehow I managed to make a whole new posting…oops)

Why would she want that?

Having done the V-Diet before I can say the shakes get VERY old and you need the solid meal as, light at the end of the tunnel.

Plus it will prob be a good boost to the metabolism. i dont think she will see “Better Results” from skipping them.

J

she thinks that eating a solid meal will cause cravings…so far she hasnt had any. I know it sounds crazy…I thought it was too.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read it where Shugs says don’t skip the solid meal it won’t make the results any better. The healthy solid meal is also an important part of the “re-training” of your body to crave healthier foods, if I understand Shugs correctly.

Okay, I figured it wasnt a good idea but I couldnt explain why. Thanks.

Holy cow, that is major power not to do that…that is all I have been thinking about all week! Good luck! and let us know what happens and her decision.

M

[quote]oneforship wrote:
I’m pretty sure I’ve read it where Shugs says don’t skip the solid meal it won’t make the results any better. The healthy solid meal is also an important part of the “re-training” of your body to crave healthier foods, if I understand Shugs correctly.[/quote]

This pretty much sums it up. The solid meal is critical in the “re-training effect” and it has some physical benefits as well related to refeeding. Don’t let her skip it.

And as long as it’s clean and healthy, it won’t lead to negative cravings, only cravings for good stuff. So there’s no worry.

[quote]bmwdemon wrote:
Holy cow, that is major power not to do that…that is all I have been thinking about all week! Good luck! and let us know what happens and her decision.

M[/quote

Laughing… I am the wife and I have decided to do as suggested and have the weekly HSM. I was just worried that I have always loved “healthy” stuff and it may get the better of me to only have it one time a week. So it seems easier to me to just not do it at all. Kindof like forgeting what I’m missing. :slight_smile: