Biotest

Skipping the Transition Period?

So Im nearly at the end of my 28 days and I am going on a Cruise on Monday, which is the 29th day - I didn’t really plan this out to well as I just wanted to get started as soon as possible - how detrimental would it be to skip the transition period?

half the fun of cruises is the eating and I wanna kinda relax and not pack shakes with me on the trip - I was thinking i could do some running in in the mornings during the trip to keep my calorie intake as low as I can…thoughts?

i would ask Chris, but i think missing transition is pretty bad, one, you need to “ween” yourself back to eating real food, you have been having liquid for a month. and two, i dont think you get nearly the results, alot of people report good losses during transition… plus you did all that work for 28 days why would you want to go backwards?

i say bring some supps and eat one cruise meal a day and have shakes even if it isnt a healthy meal you are somewhat stickin to it. just my .02

Well, the bigger issue is that eating is seen as fun, and not a method of fueling the body. But that’s a much deeper issue. And I’m not saying that food can’t be enjoyable; I’m an amateur chef after all. But there’s a whole lot to do on a cruise beside eat shit and get fat, right?

I like fcann96’s suggestions.

This is my first time doing a real transition period. On my previous 2 V-Diets I felt so deprived, I couldn’t hold back from eating right away. It was more like 2 HSMs per day and a little junk rather than 1 HSM per day. This time I’m doing it right.

Back to the topic at hand - in May of 2007, only one month after completing my first V-Diet, I had only gained back 2-3 lbs, and I then went on a trip to an all inclusive resort in Mexico.

I ran in the mornings, and found lots of healthy stuff at the buffets - lots of fish, salads, veggies, yogurts, fresh tropical friuts, etc. I took it easy on desserts and actually indulged in some tequila on a few of the nights, but kept active. I actually lost a pound or two!

It can be done!

Alright - sounds good, I’ll bring my shakes with me and have ac ouple a day and look for the healthier stuff - I’m prob gonna continue low cals (1800-2000) per day right when i get back for a couple weeks and do one more cycle of the vdiet - at the end of the day, i think i’ll be OK but i’ll work at finding the best balance

Thanks guys

on a side note - doing this diet has made me very skeptical of the “lost/gained 1-2 lbs” comments. I remember one night b4 my weigh in i was just pacing around my room talking on the phone and just kinda jumped on the scale and saw 195 - i woke up the next morning - took a piss and weighed myself naked and i was 191…also, if you look at my blog - the last weigh in changed from 191.6 to 189.2 after going to the bathroom) so when i hear people and yo yo dieters say things like “i’ve already lost .5 a pound” I’m just like yea? go take a piss - you’ll prob drop another

anyway - that’s my rant…thanks again

[quote]waly02 wrote:
Alright - sounds good, I’ll bring my shakes with me and have ac ouple a day and look for the healthier stuff - I’m prob gonna continue low cals (1800-2000) per day right when i get back for a couple weeks and do one more cycle of the vdiet - at the end of the day, i think i’ll be OK but i’ll work at finding the best balance

Thanks guys

on a side note - doing this diet has made me very skeptical of the “lost/gained 1-2 lbs” comments. I remember one night b4 my weigh in i was just pacing around my room talking on the phone and just kinda jumped on the scale and saw 195 - i woke up the next morning - took a piss and weighed myself naked and i was 191…also, if you look at my blog - the last weigh in changed from 191.6 to 189.2 after going to the bathroom) so when i hear people and yo yo dieters say things like “i’ve already lost .5 a pound” I’m just like yea? go take a piss - you’ll prob drop another

anyway - that’s my rant…thanks again [/quote]

And that is why you weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you pee :slight_smile:

But in all, it’s not about how much you weigh; it’s about how you look and feel. If you go straight into whole meals, chances are your body will feel like shit since it’s used to a liquid diet.

I actually wouldn’t recommend going low-cal and doing the V-diet again. To me, low-cal means below maintenance, and doing that for an extended period of time (2 V-diets + a few weeks of low-cal dieting) is dangerous in the sense that your metabolism will shut down. Rather, I’d ramp up the calories a bit (maintenance) and then get back on the V-diet. If the extra calories bother you, just add in some HIIT (sprints, 400m runs, etc.).

Have fun on the cruise!