Biotest

Sickening New Film

Hey Chris,
I hate to be the one do this to you if you haven’t already seen this, but here goes:

Midway through, I’m thinking, seems like 1 step forward. Then, it takes about 10 backwards. I’m anxious to see just how many of us here with a diet consisting mostly of meat and veggies will have our chest being cut open when we’re 50.

I almost forgot. Afterall, this is the “Ask Chris” forum. So, what are your thoughts?

There are tribes that live exclusively on cattle that also have none of these diseases. How, then, can meat cause it?

I’m putting my money on all the refined grain products, corn syrup, sugar and other crap in the “western diet” as the cause.

From what I’ve seen, it’s vegan propaganda. They just carefully try to leave out the word “vegan.”

I’m all for eating more plants and fewer McNuggets, but veganism is fault-filled pseudo-religion.

this is a joke, anyone saying that meat is the cause of this new age of shitty food and all kinds of diseases needs to read up on real health Professionals like Byron J richards.

Many of today’s diseases are not only caused by shitty eating habits and shitty food, but also by doctors or general western medicine.

Take for example cholesterol problems. High LDL cholesterol is a wide spread problems in america in people of any age. Western doctors acknowledge this as a problem and prescribe drugs like statin to fight it, this is where western medicine fall short. They see a sympthon of a problem, high LDL chol, and then they try to fix it, giving no focus to the actual problem causing the high cholesterol. so yeah you lowerd you cholesterol but at what cost? did you actually improve your health or increase the time you will live? No.

What we should do is identify the problem instead of the sympthon and focus on curing that with varius medications or lifestyle changes.

how food falls short today is how it’s made, the ground our food is grown in is filled with stuff that sucks the nutrients out it.eating green thats not organic won’t change anything cause it’s the same problem with green food that it is with meat, it’s being grown in a way thats completely unatural and that sucks the nutrients of out it in order to make it grow faster. with poultry, they usually keep the chickens in cages almost lying on top of each other,which of course results in them being sick all the time. and in order to combat the constant sickness and diseases in all the chickens they constantly feed them antibiotics which of course is bad.

and then we have the mothers who doesn’t care one bit about their children eating habits and just gives them whatever they feel like, this of course depresses immunity, and may result in the kid getting sick and being fed antibiotics, which may change digestive flora, which shown by a new study( animal study) has an effect on brain developed( together with digestive track development and immunity development of course)

all i am saying is that it’s not meats fault that the western world’s health is plummeting, it’s the combined efforts of the shitty doctors/scientists/FDA, the big pharma companies/ the companies making the food and no real effort on parents side.

they’re also not showing guys eating grass fed beef and vegetables, they’re showing the typical slob pounding all the shit we probably wouldn’t eat anyways.

So natural male testosterone production is DOWN 300+% over the last 50 years, Obesity is UP 300+% as is Autism up 500% over the last 20 years and the earths human population is up from 2 billion in 1970 to the 6 Billion we currently have…coincidence ??? I think not. We have irreversibably changed the nature of nature to the bad. It comes down to which you love more, your body or McFattness. Take responsibility for that which you put in your mouth.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
From what I’ve seen, it’s vegan propaganda. They just carefully try to leave out the word “vegan.”

I’m all for eating more plants and fewer McNuggets, but veganism is fault-filled pseudo-religion.

[/quote]

“veganism is fault-filled pseudo-religion”. Thats some dangerous language bud.

Most of the vegans I’ve come across are vegans for reasons of animal rights, now weather you agree or not, you cant fault someone for not eating an animal because they don’t want to eat something that used to be alive.

Furthermore I dont see why you would need to attack an entire group of people. No one said you need to agree with veganism, but why go after it so blindly? Im not a vegan, but I would imagine that if one saw your comments, they would probably have a hard time taking you seriously.

Now in reverse, I will say that the same thing goes for the film. They blame the “western diet” on our health problems, but what is the “western diet”? Its different for every person. There are many who do it wrong, but plenty who do it right.

Vegans kill a lot of animals, more than meat eaters. And they’re bad for the environment. Read the book, The Vegetarian Myth.

Vegans kill a lot of animals, more than meat eaters. And they’re bad for the environment. Read the book, The Vegetarian Myth.

[/quote]

Cmon Chris, dont tell me that a movie trailer is propaganda and then tell me to read one of the most anti vegetarian/vegan propaganda books out there.

I have not read the book, but I have listened to Lierre Keith interviewed multiple times about the book.

Lierre Kieth is a completely misguided and frankly uneducated human being. She wasnt a real vegan, she said she “binged on eggs and dairy” every chance she got. She also says “vegans eat beef once a week”. She made stupid claims and assumptions in the book, and I found that most of her “facts” were assumptions and wild claims. Frankly nothing she writes holds any validity with me.

You can spin the meat industry any way you want, but the fact still remains, vegetarians and vegans dont directly contribute to the mistreatment and death of animals the way the majority of meat eaters do.

As for that “book” all I have to say is.

Lierre Keith, cool story bro.

“Most of the vegans I’ve come across are vegans for reasons of animal rights, now weather you agree or not, you cant fault someone for not eating an animal because they don’t want to eat something that used to be alive.”

I agree you cannot fault someone for not wanting to eat an animal. Each to their own.

But lets back the trolley up and think about the first part of that sentence. All the vegans you know care about animal rights? Call me skeptical but first and foremost people care about self-interest. Not all people mind you but 99.99% of the people care what is in their own best interest.

If you talk to any vegans (and I talk to them all out of shear curiosity) you will find that they switched to a meatless diet to; lose weight, fit in with a new crowd, be different for the sake of it, or they are those elusive carb-ivores that thrive on such a diet. Then as a cover they tell you they love all of god?s creatures and don?t want to eat one. It?s the perfect cover, who would argue with that?

I guess what I am saying is that if you know 1000 vegans only one of them cares about the rights of animals the other 999 fall into the category of, as Chris put it, ?fault-filled pseudo-religion.?

After re-reading my post above it may come off as harsh. That was not my intention.

I just get annoyed/upset when I see trailers like the one above which have such an obvious bias.

Why can’t veggies let me eat my meat in peace?

my food EAT’s your Vegatables :wink:

I love a good propoganda documentary that shows how bad us AMERICANS are.

oh, and lol and the clips of the paramedics helping the OD-ing heroin junky on the streets…probably the skiniest person in the movie and they try to make it seem like hes being taken away to get a triple-bypass.

[/quote]

Thanks so much for that link. I’ve never even heard of that book but it was an eye opening read. It doesn’t hurt that I live in Kansas and have seen in my plus 40 years the total degradation of an entire state including it’s water resources.

I hate to think what corn producing states are starting to look like.

yep, if only we westerners become all feminist and stop making so many children! Bad america, BAD!!
Oh wait, we already are making far less than 2.1 children/family. so… its bad china?

[/quote]
Bingo, and while I am not telling ANYONE how to eat, you can make your points (eg:including plants and vegetables in your diet is indeed good for health, and incidentally has been espoused many times on T Nation) without resorting to religious type blackmail. “Eat meat and you will have health problems!” “Worship god or you will go to hell!”. Sadly many vegans I know base their diets on bullshit “substitute” foods (yep you guessed it, bad soy products and hydrolyzed vegetable protein), tell me that “soy is’nt a villain” and meat is “gross” and the animals roll around in feces. I think there ARE healthy vegetarian diets, but they are not for me. I have been training for over 20 years off and on(I’m 45), and while during some of those times my diet was wretched both in my civilian and military life, I have in the the last two years focused on balance, good protein sources, good vegetables and fruits. On Occasion I indulge but it’s rare.
I had to take the last year and a half off training due to injury and a lovely case of blood poisoning( toxic metals in water supply), after 2 months back I am 10 ibs up and lost bf(I lost a lot of lbm when I was sick). When my “vegan” friends comment on my meat consumption, I kindly point out that: although I am at least 10 years older than many of them, I don’t look it. My health (thank God), cholesterol and liver are all fine ( despite stupid choices such as smoking, heavy drinking, and less than wise Ph/AAS use in the last 12 years. I am doing my best to amend these idiotic mistakes. I know I’m bloody lucky and the book’s not closed), and they should focus on HEALTH and resource management NOT lecturing others and coming off holier than thou. Frankly, many of them look bloody awful, and are often sick or ill…that’s the lifestyle you want others to follow? Really?. To me Food Inc was far more informative, and without agenda. Rant over

[quote]RussaldoStrong wrote:

[/quote]

“veganism is fault-filled pseudo-religion”. Thats some dangerous language bud.

Most of the vegans I’ve come across are vegans for reasons of animal rights, now weather you agree or not, you cant fault someone for not eating an animal because they don’t want to eat something that used to be alive.

Furthermore I dont see why you would need to attack an entire group of people. No one said you need to agree with veganism, but why go after it so blindly? Im not a vegan, but I would imagine that if one saw your comments, they would probably have a hard time taking you seriously.

Now in reverse, I will say that the same thing goes for the film. They blame the “western diet” on our health problems, but what is the “western diet”? Its different for every person. There are many who do it wrong, but plenty who do it right. [/quote]
As I mentioned, I have a number of vegan friends. Only 2 of which are doing this for ethical reasons(yes, I have asked the others and the answers were pretty loaded and seemed insincere) and have done for some time. I respect them for that as there are indeed profound problems in this and other countries regarding the treatment of animals(see Food Inc). Neither one has EVER lectured me or suggested I become Vegan. That would be the other dozen or so who do preach quite a bit, and can be quite irritating. Because I have a back round in Biochemistry and nutrition I can refute their statements and have but i don’t wish to argue ad nauseum. I do consider what they do pseudo religion, but I would not lump all Vegans in one group or camp and suggest this is the case for all who follow a Vegan lifestyle, however I don’t proudly announce that I am NOT a Vegan every opportunity I get. Or try and but into their conversation when someone asks them for advice on nutrition.

[quote]xilinx wrote:

yep, if only we westerners become all feminist and stop making so many children! Bad america, BAD!!
Oh wait, we already are making far less than 2.1 children/family. so… its bad china? [/quote]

She’s well informed up until she blames everything on patriarchy, capitalism, and babies. Thanks for the video.

I would also like to point out that from an evolutionary standpoint, we designed as to eat meat and hunt prey, i.e. our heads swivel and our teeth aren’t meant to grind.

Ok. If there is a correlation between these diseases and meat eating it is not because of meat eating exactly. It is caused by what we have done to our meat. The meat that is available in most grocery stores does not have the same nutritional value as GRASS FED BEEF. The Amino acid balances are disrupted as well as other nutrient chains.

Organic Grass Fed Beef is far superior to corn fed, antibiotic filled, estrogen poisoned, fed on genetically modified corn which carries a gene designed to release pesticides and a multitude of other chemicals … it is not HEALTHY!!

This is what is making us sick. Healthy meat from healthy clean animals is excellent for us! Organic grass fed may be a little more expensive but if you eat proper portions it is not that much more.
I know my local farmer and have been to his farm and mety his cows and chickens personally.
Right now the FDA is trying very hard to shut down local farmers because of greed and corporations wanting to corner food markets. Support a local farmer through a farmers market. Eat local if you can as much as possible. The regulatory agencies in this country are getting out of control and they are amking decisions that make us sick.

Meat is GOOD for you. But not if it has been so altered and poisoned.

Eat grass Fed Beef and other meats naturally farmed.

Nuff said