Biotest

Should I Try the V-Diet?

I need to loose about 6 inches off my waste. I only want to loose 20-25 pounds. I want to do this pretty fast.

Should I try the V-Diet?

I know loosing fat slowly is the best way to go, but I am not concerned with getting to 5% BF. I would be happy at 12%. Ijust want to fit in my 31" pants again after a failed bulk.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I need to loose about 6 inches off my waste. I only want to loose 20-25 pounds. I want to do this pretty fast.

Should I try the V-Diet?

I know loosing fat slowly is the best way to go, but I am not concerned with getting to 5% BF. I would be happy at 12%. Ijust want to fit in my 31" pants again after a failed bulk.

[/quote]

Give us some more info (weight, height, experience level etc) or post a pic or two. That way we can help better evaluate your situation.

Weight - 170
Height - 5’5
experiance level - followed WS4SB for the last year gained decent stregnth and alot of fat.

from mid 07 to early 08 I droped 50 pounds and went from 30% BF to 13% BF. After that I slowly worked my way into a clean bulk but ended up gaining most of the fat back.

I eat clean but one of my problems have been carb timimg. I gain fat VERY easily and should have took meal timiing more seriously.

I also understamated variety. For example I would rely on fruit for most of my carb intake for a couple weeks, than I would have mostly peas and carrots for a few weeks.

A couple months ago I cut out all wheat bread, rice and most starchy carbs but still put inches on my wasit.

My goal is to be a lean 165 and compete in powerlifting. That means loosing 25-30 pounds of fat and gaining it back in muslce.

170 is a little on the light side for starting the V-Diet, but since you’re sporting classic signs of being an FFB (Former Fat Boy), then the V-Diet may help you break that cycle. FFBs, those who have lost a lot of fat, have a slightly different set of rules to go by, one of which is they can’t “bulk” like some men do or they’ll mainly just put on fat.

I’m also wondering if part of your problem is simply calorie intake. You wrote a lot about carbs and meal timing, but didn’t mention calories. And of course you can gain fat on clean foods if you eat too much of them. If that’s an issue, then the V-Diet may help you there too since it’s calorie-controlled.

What I’d like to see is for you to drop the excess fat, hold the leanness for a period of time, then experiment with a clean, calorie-controlled mass phase. I’m not that concerned with body weight or pounds lost, but rather body composition and inches lost around the waist/belly.

This should get you to your 165 powerlifting goal and keep you very lean. At 165, even if you’re on the shorter side, that should be all muscle. No reason for a 165’er to be carrying an ounce of excess fat.

All that aside, yes, a V-Diet should help you get strated on these goals with a bang.

As far as calorie intake goes I was up to 3000 daily calories for awhile. I have cut down to 2200-2500 the last couple of months.

I will have all my supps and get my calorie needs/diet outline set up for Feb.

Thanks

Hello fellow Pennsylvanian! You mentioned problems with carb timing. Have you checked out Precision Nutrition by John Beradi? I am pretty carb sensitive and following this plan really helped me get my carb timing right. He is a big contributor to this site. Best of luck.