Biotest

Should I Start the V-Diet?

First and foremost I am a newbie. I am not a tub of goo, but I can stand to lose 20 pounds easily. I enjoyed Crossfit for a number of years, but grew frustrated with the lack of strength in core areas that I depend on with my profession.

That being said, I have been contemplating the V-Diet since it was announced last month. I have the mental attitude for the transition and the commitment. However, I have a few questions in regards to the diet plan and training. I am training for a marathon and I need to run between 20 to 40 miles a week on top of weight training. The V-Diet book specifically states not to run.

Obviously that would interfere with my fitness goals. I am concerned that I may burn through too many calories, as mentioned in the book, if I continue with my running plan and incorporate the workout mentioned. Should I complete the V-diet given my personal fitness goals? If so do you have any suggestions on modifying the program to fit my needs? Thanks for your patience.

No, the V-Diet is not for you at this time.

Thank you for your quick response and honesty! I will shelve this for the end of July.