Biotest

Shawn's V-Diet Experience

Started the V-Diet on Sunday Aug 1 and its going pretty well. So far, I’m on Day 5 I’m down 5 lb.

I’ll post my measurements and pics a bit later, but I was 6’3" 235 when I started, down to 230 today. Although I feel a little hungry at times, between meals, it hasn’t been all that bad.

As far as the workouts go, I did a Girevoy sport training session (10 min Snatch) and (10 min Clean, Jerk) on Tuesday and nailed it, so my strength is still up there. I’m a competitive armwrestler and my goal is to make the 219 weight class for a local tournament on September 5th. Assuming I get within 5 lb or so, I can drop water the night before and recharge during weigh ins. I’m hoping to average 2 lb weight loss per week until the tournament.

Also, I’m a type 1 diabetic, and because of the low carbs my insulin dose is down about 70% which is a nice additional benefit.

Day 6 down another pound to 229. I usually don’t lose weight very steadily (few pounds here and there) but so far its been steady as can be.

Start 235
Day 1 235
Day 2 233
Day 3 232
Day 4 231
Day 5 230
Day 6 229

Meals are going fine and the only problem I’ve had was with the HotRX leaving me jittery. Only taking one pill in the morning before NEPA. Otherwise all is well. NEPA sessions are going great… typically a 2-4 mile walk per day. Lifting is more oriented towards armwrestling and kettlebell sport, but I’m still working out 3-4 days week. I’ll post measurements and pics tonight.

Great results so far! Since you’re doing your own workouts, just be careful – doesn’t sound like you’d do too little, but be careful about doing too much also. Sounds like you know your stuff though.

You may also want to try HOT-ROX with a shake. Still works great, but it’ll take care of the jitters.

Keep us posted, and if you have any specific questions for me, pop in the Ask Chris thread and I’ll be sure to see them there.

Ok Here are the pics. The pics I took on day one didn’t turn out well, so I’m going to use some from a couple of months ago… simply because there isn’t any difference between then and when I started. Same starting weight and same measurements. I guess if I need to I’ll post the day one photos later, but taking a pic in front of a mirror didn’t work very well. So these are the starting pics…

Back starting photo

5 day front

5 day back

Leveled off a bit, which is more typical of how I lose weight. I typically stay the same for most of the week and then drop 2-3 lb in a day. Probably more of a water issue than anything else. As long as I drop a couple of lb at the end of the week, I’m very happy.

HSM meal wasn’t planned and wasn’t the healthiest, but not awful either. Was making my son corned beef hash and bacon for breakfast and broke down and ate it with two eggs and a salad a half hour later. Perhaps not the best, but killed my cravings and gave a bit of energy. Definitely feel better now that I’ve been recharged. Workouts are going great. Managed to straight bar curl 135 for 6 reps as part of a workout. So I likely haven’t lost a bit of strength and NEPA has been consistent. Hope to hit 227 at the end of next week.

Start 235
Day 1 235
Day 2 233
Day 3 232
Day 4 231
Day 5 230
Day 6 229
Day 7 230
Day 8 230

Been out of town for work, but overall did pretty well with the diet. Got in a bind one day and had a plain salad with grilled chicken (instead of a shake), so I didn’t feel too bad about cheating. Work has blocked the website, so I’ll only be able to post every few days. Regardless, the diet is going ok, but my weight has leveled off. Here are the current numbers

Start 235
Day 1 235
Day 2 233
Day 3 232
Day 4 231
Day 5 230
Day 6 229
Day 7 230
Day 8 230
Day 9 No scale
Day 10 No scale
Day 11 231
Day 12 229

Clothes are starting to fit a bit better and my workouts have been pretty intense. As long as I take the Surge after the Kettlebell workouts, I feel ok. Missed one day of the post workout drink and bonked during my next workout. Will post Pics and 2 week measurements on Sunday.

Keep up the great work!