Biotest

Shake Timing?

Alright so this is my 4th day. Really the V-Diet seems to be simple. Easy straight forward so I have no problems sticking to anything about it. Question I have is, timing of my shakes. I have it right now as none work out days.
Shake 1 = 5:30 AM
Shake 2 = 9:00 AM
Shake 3 = 12:00 Noon
Shake 4 = 3:30 PM
Shake 5 = 6:00 Pm
Bed time at 8:00 Pm or 9:30 Pm

Work out days
Shake 1 = 5:30 AM
Shake 2 = 9:00 AM
Shake 3 = 12:00 Noon
Then for shake 4 is after my workout so about 5:00 PM
Shake 5 = 7:30PM
Same bed times.

My problem I’m having due to my work if a robot goes down I might put in a 12 to 16 hr day. From here I always bring one extra shake so not to miss the 3:30 Pm one… But if I go to the gym that night I wont be out till around 7 or later from the gym. This leaves me with just the Surge before I go to bed or if I skip the 3:30 shake and after gym I take Surge then I only have about 1 hour between the Surge and the final meal, also about 1 hour before bed. Is that ok to do???

[quote]Tenac wrote:

My problem I’m having due to my work if a robot goes down I might put in a 12 to 16 hr day. From here I always bring one extra shake so not to miss the 3:30 Pm one… But if I go to the gym that night I wont be out till around 7 or later from the gym. This leaves me with just the Surge before I go to bed or if I skip the 3:30 shake and after gym I take Surge then I only have about 1 hour between the Surge and the final meal, also about 1 hour before bed. Is that ok to do???

[/quote]

It’s okay to have Surge then a shake an hour later. In fact, that’s pretty standard. Surge Recovery isn’t filling like a protein shake since it’s designed to absorb and “get to work” quickly in the body. Heck, I can eat 20 minutes after drinking one. So you’re okay there.

I would try to arrange things so Surge isn’t your final “meal” though. You want that slow digesting casein from your Metabolic Drive to be in you before bed to prevent any nighttime catabolism.

Here’s another option for you: you may split one shake into two if needed for your schedule. In other words, you’ll have two 1-scoop shakes instead of one 2-scoop shake. At the end of the day, you’re still having the same calories, protein, etc.

Ahh thanks a lot. I will probably do the split shake idea.

For the Bed Time shake, is it designed to be taken right before bed or should you wait an hour or so after taking the nut butter shake before going to bed?

[quote]Xalor03 wrote:
For the Bed Time shake, is it designed to be taken right before bed or should you wait an hour or so after taking the nut butter shake before going to bed?[/quote]

Whatever best lets you evenly space out the shakes throughout the day. I prefer an hour or so before bed but this won’t make or break the diet.

Tonight I am going to a restaurant with my friends, it doesn’t coincide with my HSM so I’m not going to eat I’ll just fill up on some free water and take a shake. However the timing says I should be taking Shake #4 then which is with flax seeds and superfoods and all the things it’s easier to blend. Would it be OK to switch that shake with my Shake #3 which is just Metabolic Drive and can be easily drank in just a shaker?

[quote]Xalor03 wrote:
Tonight I am going to a restaurant with my friends, it doesn’t coincide with my HSM so I’m not going to eat I’ll just fill up on some free water and take a shake. However the timing says I should be taking Shake #4 then which is with flax seeds and superfoods and all the things it’s easier to blend. Would it be OK to switch that shake with my Shake #3 which is just Metabolic Drive and can be easily drank in just a shaker?[/quote]

Sorry, didn’t see this in time. But yes, that’s fine.