Biotest

Shake It Til You Break It

The fat that is.

Quite honestly, there really is no suitable introduction for myself, nor is there any in depth explanation going into all of the details as to why I must do this particular diet and training program, nor do I think anyone really cares to hear all of that.

Simply put - I suck at portion control - and I suck at resisting cravings. So, I got fat and it’s time to put myself in check. I’m also a sucker for instant gratification, and this is as close as I am going to get without undermining my long term goals.

Here is Day 2 of this diet. Following the Intermediate program I train today and am excited to do the straight sets. People at my gym get angry at me when I do circuits, so now I don’t have to prepare myself to look completely unapproachable to maintain my position.

I LOVE the taste of MD and have often wished I could just go on an all MD diet. Ice cream is my favorite thing and I’ve gotten pretty close to recreating it with my blender and some ice.

I took measurements and pics this morning but left them at home and I will certainly update later on today. I’m hoping for some big results here. I have a pretty strong muscle base. About a month ago I squat 205 3x3. Since then I have been doing the front squat and love it. Back to my point - yes, I have a lot of fat to lose, but I have a lot of muscle under there just waiting to see the light of day.

I’m up for this challenge

205 3x3 does not equal a lot of muscle :S

good luck anyway.

Welcome, looking forward to some nice progression stats. Great main profile picture by the way.

Shake it. Don’t let anything stop you from showing your muscle.

If you enjoy the shakes, thats +1. Now you just have to have the determination to stick with it.

We will be here to help you along the way.

/matt

[quote]thosebananas wrote:

good luck anyway.[/quote]

Sure it does, I’m a chick

Very cool. Can’t wait to see your final results!

Welcome, we’re here for ya! I’m on day 24 and I owe it to the boards here for support. Great structure here :slight_smile:

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
thosebananas wrote:

good luck anyway.

Sure it does, I’m a chick[/quote]

You are a rock star!!!

Good luck Polsen! We’re all rooting for you.

Welcome, Polsen! You have a great attitude! And the fact that you like the taste of MD is probably a HUGE help! Good luck!

Thanks for the support people - means a lot! I feel like a V-Diet fraud here right now - without pictures or any stats up. But I was just sitting here bored at work and decided to start the log anyway.

It takes me an extraordinary amount of time to drink my shakes - is that wrong? I make them pretty thin and just sip on them for about 45 min to an hour - Similar to a cup of coffee.

And while I’m here, I must state that my spirits were slightly dampened when that guy told me my squat wasn’t good. I know, I know he didn’t realize I was a chick but, regardless the rudeness was due to an assumption. And darn it, I worked hard for that. I WISH I would have gotten it on video because they were legit reps with good form. I guess I could say I did 4 reps but that would be lying since the last rep I caved forward a bit before coming up.

Training is NOT my issue, it’s my diet.

I dont know why people waste their breath on shitty comments. This guy is getting pretty close to 2000 posts though and has a badass ‘rock n rolla’ poster. Thats probably it.

Brush it off, they are everywhere. You’re going to do great.

Your 110kg bench press does not equal a lot of muscle either. Don’t be a tool.

[quote]krstphr wrote:
thosebananas wrote:

good luck anyway.

Your 110kg bench press does not equal a lot of muscle either. Don’t be a tool.
[/quote]

omg, I thought you were talking to me, lol. I sat here thinking - WHY is everyone ganging up on me???
Then I put 2 and 2 together and realized that nowhere did I state what I could bench, because quite honestly, it saddens me. But for a person who just started squatting (sans Smith machine) in November, I’m happy with my progress.

Ok, so here’s the rundown:

Height: 5’4
Weight: 169
Neck: 13
Shoulder: 42.5
Upper Chest: 36
Lower Chest: 34
Narrow Waist: 31.25
Wide Waist: 35.75
Widest Hips: 43.75
L Upper Arm: 13
R Upper Arm: 13
L Upper Leg: 25.5
R Upper Leg: 26
L Calf: 15.25
R Calf: 15
L Ankle: 9.5
R Ankle: 9.5

Wow I feel so exposed by those numbers.
I’m super pumped though! This is gonna be great!

4/6/09
WOW do I have a booty. And I’m not even trying to stick it out. My stomach actually loses before my legs, so I have high hopes for that area. And cropping out my face is not only because I don’t want it on here but also becuase I just woke up and my hair was everywhere
God, I hope no one I know is on this forum. If you do know me, please speak up - lol.

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
4/6/09
WOW do I have a booty.
God, I hope no one I know is on this forum. If you do know me, please speak up - lol.[/quote]

Oh my God, we’ve dated!

So… um, how are things? And can I have my CD’s back?

I kid, I kid.

I think you’re going to rock the V-Diet. Nice frame under there and some good muscle.

Alrighty, tonight’s workout was a success! I’m already feeling the chins*.

I had to do it in reverse order due to beginner kids f-ing around on the squat rack.

DB Bench @ 40s
5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2

Chins/Pull down @ 135
5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1

Front Squat @ 115
5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2

Ab Wheel 4x5

15 min walk after
45 min NEPA on lunch too

So the chins/lat pull down. I have done negatives in the past and that really helped my strength. I really do not like the ROM on the assisted machine an the lat pulldown does a poor job of replicating the motion as it puts your legs in front of you. So I pull the bar down to where I am kneeling on the ground and in that position I pull down the 135 lbs. The motion is the closest I could get to a real chin up without bands. I’m hoping that once I lose some of these pounds and slightly increase my strength I will be able to do some real chins! Looks to be possible since I can pull down 135 from that position.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Polsen714 wrote:
4/6/09
WOW do I have a booty.
God, I hope no one I know is on this forum. If you do know me, please speak up - lol.

Oh my God, we’ve dated!

So… um, how are things? And can I have my CD’s back?

I kid, I kid.

I think you’re going to rock the V-Diet. Nice frame under there and some good muscle.

[/quote]

Surely I would have remembered actually DATING someone of your stature.

Thanks, you positvely -made my night-

Hey Polsen
Just read your thread…Actually I read some of your post on the FA site :wink:

I’m not gonna wish you good luck…but have a great journey :slight_smile:
Nice workout btw…
How are you feeling…?