Biotest

Sexified Avocado Dressing

[center]Avocado Dressing [/center]
Screw apples. No, really. Apples suck.

Hey, you know who can kiss my butt? People who like apples, that’s who!

That whole keeps-the-doctor-away thing? Utter BS. Probably propagated by doctors who want your business so they can lease yet another boring black BMW.

Okay, I could be exaggerating. A little. There’s nothing really wrong with apples. I just think that there’s another fruit that kicks the apple’s red-delicious ass: the avocado. (Yep, it’s technically a fruit.)

Full of good-for-ya monounsaturated fats, avocados lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides while raising “good” HDL cholesterol… and that spells less heart disease, still the #1 killer out there. Monounsaturated fat has also been linked to reduced risk of cancer and diabetes.

Avocados are high in beta-sitosterol which is protective of the prostate, they’re chockfull of fiber, and even lutein rich, which is good for your eyes and the largest organ of your body. (That would be your skin, Ron Jeremy.)

In short, avocados make you look good nekid and help you to live a good long time. Here’s a way to eat them that you may not have tried:

[center] Avocado Dressing [/center]
Ingredients

2 avocados (a little soft is best)
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (organic if you can get it)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup of water
Pink sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Directions

Dice your avocado then toss everything into a food processor or your blender. Pulse until it’s smooth and creamy. Add more water if you prefer a thinner dressing.

I pour this over spinach salads, but it also makes a great topping for chicken, eggs, and naked redheads.

And remember, one bad apple spoils the bunch. But one bad avocado just increases the awesome.

I like to get all my ingredients in my handy mini food-pro first, then add the avocado.

Almost ready…

I like mine on the thicker side, but just add more water if you prefer it thinner.

And done. I store mine in mason jars or even wide-mouth “re-purposed” glass containers from store-bought dressings.

Best if consumed within a day or two. The lemon juice slows oxidation, but you’ll see a little darkening even with that and refrigeration. Still tastes great though.

You can easily halve the recipe if you’re not going to eat it up quickly. But I bet you will.

I will give this a try this week. I am kicking it low-carb right now, so need something to throw on my tuna and spinach greens.

I am thinking that you should toss in a little chipotle pepper for a bit of a smoky kick.

Love the sound of it already, will definitely try this one ASAP.

Especially on the redhead…(cue Homer Simpson salivating) mmmmm, redheads & avacado w/dressing!

• Mike

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:

I am thinking that you should toss in a little chipotle pepper for a bit of a smoky kick. [/quote]

Great idea!

[quote] mmmmm, redheads & avacado w/dressing!

• Mike[/quote]

Amen. The colors – fiery red, alabaster skin, avocado green – really complement one another.

FU! I love me some apples! And, I like avocados as well. Great sliced, diced and halved. Like them for my homemade guacamole and just as a tasty side dish next to steak or chicken.

This recipe, however, is intriguing. I always have some avocados around and this would be a good way to change things up. Would probably work as a good topping to my homemade chili reinos after the addition of the chipotle (though I might just use the adobo sauce).

Muchas thanks for this idea!

Shugart: this is my first post here. Sorry it’s off topic but didn’t know where to post it. I’ve been an avid follower of this site for many years, and a fan of many of your writings. I’ve spent more money here than 99% of the people who have ever come across T-Nation (you can check it). I still have print copies of Testosterone the magazine that I read here and there in the john! You’ve obviously made a ton of contributions to this site and handed out a lot of great information over the years. You’re an editor and a very influential person in shaping what it is T-Nation is all about. That’s why you’re anti-government rant in “Brain Blast Vol. 5” is suprising to me.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you seem to be preaching a specific ideology here…One commonly found at teabagging parties and Fox news broadcasts. To state in a weekly featured article that the government is going to tax eggs and meat is misguiding. It’s common knowledge that soda and fruit juices are mostly sugar, and they contribute profoundly to the obesity of tens of millions of people, so why not tax them. To draw the conclusion that eggs and meat contain saturated fat, therefore they will be classified as “junk food” next to Soda and Juicy Juice is a classic example of anti-government fear mongering. I wouldn’t make the argument that our government is always effecient and beneficial in all cases, but it works a lot more for us than we ever realize. It’s just plain crazy to state that they’ll start taxing meat and eggs!! Check out http://governmentisgood.com/ for a lot of examples on how the government actually works for us. Other than this, thanks for all the good writings over the years.

Brickhouse please go throw yourself off a cliff. Chris thanks for yet another great recipe I am going to try this out on my spinach salads!

Avacado Cheescake… Avacado Dressing… Next up: Avacado Cheesburgers. Someone must have gotten a big batch-o-Avacados to mess around with…

BTW, I recently heard a big debate on the radio about redheads, starting with some guy saying he’d “never seen an attractive redhead.” Thus, as a pale, green-eyed redhead, I thank you for thinking of US in a POSITIVE light :).

[quote]SirenSong61 wrote:
Avacado Cheescake… Avacado Dressing… Next up: Avacado Cheesburgers. Someone must have gotten a big batch-o-Avacados to mess around with…

BTW, I recently heard a big debate on the radio about redheads, starting with some guy saying he’d “never seen an attractive redhead.” Thus, as a pale, green-eyed redhead, I thank you for thinking of US in a POSITIVE light :). [/quote]

I used to say that there are very few beautiful redheads, but when you do see one they are stunningly beautiful. I could be a wee bit bias about redheads lately since my girlfriend happens to be one of those stunners.

I have the opinion that there are only two types of redheads, unattractive or drop dead gorgeous. I have no bias since my wife is a blond. At least I feel I have no bias.

[quote]ArmyAviator wrote:
Brickhouse please go throw yourself off a cliff. [/quote]

Or come to the PWI forum.

The cliff would be comparably painless though.

[quote]Arioch wrote:
I have no bias since my wife is a blond. At least I feel I have no bias.[/quote]

Join the dark (red) side, Luke.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]Arioch wrote:
I have no bias since my wife is a blond. At least I feel I have no bias.[/quote]

Join the dark (red) side, Luke. [/quote]

Ha!

Brickhouse, be sure to read the whole piece below to get the full story. That part included in the article was just a snippet.

Chris, how long will this keep before it spoils?

This one’s a winner.

The recipe as directed lacked a little bite, so I mixed in some fiery salsa and a touch of vinegar.

Yowza, it was good.