Biotest

Severe Depression

Has anyone ever asked if severe depression is a concern with this diet? It is day 4 for me and I want to die.

A diet cannot cause real depression, especially one with adequate healthy fats (Flameout) and enough carbs (Surge.)

Now, there is such a thing as withdrawal symptom from junk foods and even wheat and milk. It can take up to a week to get over that.

Also, as a female, make sure your iron isn’t low. Low iron in females is very common because of menstruation and effects can look a lot like depression.

Finally, make sure you’re getting enough sun. If not, supplement with Vitamin D, 5000 IU per day or more.

Hi CandaceGray25. I am starting my third week, and here is a small blurb of my first week. Physically I felt a bit tired, which seems to have disappeared after about the 6th day or so. Mentally I also felt a bit “odd” for the first 4-5 days or so… but I wonder if this was just not because I felt a bit of tension and trepidation when starting the diet, and I truly think I was tiring myself down (as silly as that sounds). Once I figured out I was not going to die or wither away, I think I started relaxing and my energy level returned to normal by the end of the first week. It may have been a bit of “mental strain” and physical acclimatization that caused my symptoms.

Now I know that is far from depression, but am hoping you will get used to the diet soon and will start enjoying the added energy after about a week or so.

Please keep us updated.

ONE MORE THING: Monitor what and how much you are doing (physically). If you are overdoing something like the NEPA, exercising (strength, walks, or v-challenge), that may be causing you to get into a deep fatigue which in my case always seems to be accompanied with some mental “feeling down”.

[quote]Moxy wrote:
Hi CandaceGray25. I am starting my third week, and here is a small blurb of my first week. Physically I felt a bit tired, which seems to have disappeared after about the 6th day or so. Mentally I also felt a bit “odd” for the first 4-5 days or so… but I wonder if this was just not because I felt a bit of tension and trepidation when starting the diet, and I truly think I was tiring myself down (as silly as that sounds). Once I figured out I was not going to die or wither away, I think I started relaxing and my energy level returned to normal by the end of the first week. It may have been a bit of “mental strain” and physical acclimatization that caused my symptoms.

Now I know that is far from depression, but am hoping you will get used to the diet soon and will start enjoying the added energy after about a week or so.

Please keep us updated.

ONE MORE THING: Monitor what and how much you are doing (physically). If you are overdoing something like the NEPA, exercising (strength, walks, or v-challenge), that may be causing you to get into a deep fatigue which in my case always seems to be accompanied with some mental “feeling down”.[/quote]

You’ll never know if your overdoing it! there is no heart rate monitor acompanied with this program! And i am not going to buy one. I should’nt have to.

Just to let you all know i have had almost no enegery since i started this diet. My pull ups have increased alot. Thats about the only thing i noticed with this program so far. As far as Fat loss. I thought i was making progress because i kept looking in the mirror and liking what i see. My upper body was getting A little(just a little more defined) but belly is still there and i just finished my 3rd week of this and after measuring(kepler pich not digital boday fat monitor), my body fat levels are the same. I was flexing in the mirror and made myself believe i was making progress when in relaity no progress was being made. I am following this diet to the T an training to the T. I messed up the Vburn challenge one day doing only one circuit because i misread the instructions. but every other week after that, i followed to the T. ive had better results last year in a month following a solid food diet than this. I had more energy from the solid food to where i could output more intensity to my workouts. I also to lots of HIIT on a treadmill.

I am very dissapointed so far. I am going to continue this failure diet for the next 3 weeks as i am supposed to and mabey i’ll get my money’s worth.

We will see. So far not happy

depression that severe (usually) comes from the beleif that your conscious mind is powerless in the face of exterior circumstances thrust upon you from without, or before strong emotional events that seem to be overwhelming from within. A quote from “the nature of personal reality” some say its the most important book ever written.

… or quite possibly coming straight from a shitty diet with lots of refined wheat-based carbs.

I’m currently reading Wheat Belly (on Chris’ recommendation). From a personal point of view, going wheat-free was one of the best decisions of my life!