Biotest

Seth's V-Diet Log (Perfect Day)

Hello,

I’m a 44 year old male, overweight and out of shape. I need to lose 35 to 40 pounds.

I am nearing the end of day on one the Velocity Diet. I know I am going to succeed but I also know that the next days are going to get a LOT harder. Today wasn’t that bad. EXCEPT…

I REALLY overdid the workout. I got faint and nauseous in the third exercise. I walked out to the hall…a little dizzy…and I sat down on a bench…next thing I know I was “waking up” and wondering where I was and how I got there. I guess I passed out. I imagine it was only for a few seconds.

I’ve learned my lesson. I used too light weights in the first 2 exercises and too much in the 3rd. I have to remember…as a newbie…to save some for all of the exercises.

I was only able to drink about half of the Surge…here I am about 1.25 hours later and I still feel mildly queasy. I am hoping I can finish off the last meal/shake.

I am going to try to post updates every day…per the recommendation.

Seth

PS…I created a worksheet to track activities every day with a checklist. Anyone interested just leave a comment and I can email.

First few days are tough hang in there it gets better.

I got my ass kicked on my first workout today too. My bench reps were 10, 10, 7, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1. Hang in there.

Thanks for the encouragement. I needed it today. I am feeling REALLY queasy today. Something is going around in our house…but it has not involved queasiness so I think my body is adjusting.

The worse thing is I didn’t sleep AT ALL last night. (Well I finally dozed off around 4 after going to bed at 11.)

I am actually a bit worried about my minding linking the drinks to this queasiness. And then I will have to choke them down for the rest of the diet.

Persevering though.

Seth

It DOES get better. I promise. Way to go hanging in there through the hardest part.

I barely slept last night too, and yesterday was my first day on the diet

If something is worth doing, it usually isn’t easy. Hang in there!

As a newbie, a big thing to remember is to breathe. I know it sounds dumb, but holding my breath on difficult reps caused me a lot of headaches and dizziness.

Good luck

I am on day two and I have had extreme nausea. I thought it was only me! My body has never had so much protein as these two days in my whole life-literally! My parents are unhealthy eaters and so I developed into one. I am changing though and that is why my body is probably feeling sick! Hang in there!

I felt sick on the second day while at work. Initially I blamed it on the HOT-ROX, but I now believe it to be some kind of reaction to all the excellent nutrition I was getting. I’ve since taken the HOT-ROX at full strength and not experienced any nausea.

I too found that the first week was hell and the second week was much, much better. I also don’t find myself feeling hungry between feedings. If I do feel hunger now, it’s because its been almost 3 hours and I haven’t taken a shake.

Guys,

Thanks a bunch for the encouragement. I need it. Yesterday the queasiness turned in to full scale nausea. Because of that I only had 3 of 5 of the shakes. During the intense part I know I would have thrown it up and I figure why waste good protein powder.

BUT I DIDN’T cheat…unless skipping is cheating. And I did get in my walk.

Slept great last night (went to bed at 8.30) and feeling a little better today.

Now I see why doing this forum is important. Good to know I am not alone.

Seth

Stay strong Seth, you’re doing great! Your stomach will settle eventually.

Hey Seth! Like everyone else is saying, it does get better! You’ve got to trust us! It is important that you get the shakes in, though. I would suggest halfing them to get at least some protein into your system, but not so much that you want to blow chunks, ya know? Keep at it, you will see great results with this program. I am day 13, and feeling great! We’re here for ya!

Penny

Hey guys,

Thanks for the encouragment. For the record I am feeling a LOT better as I type this…for the first time in about 2 days.

In case you are interested…before I started all of this I wrote down a list of reasons that I wanted to do the v-diet … something to read when the hard days come. Here it is…

To kick start getting fit and healthy
To set a better example for my family
To be ready for my April Meeting at -------
To change my eating habits
To lose weight rapidly
To increase my appetite for healthy foods
To increase my libido
To stop the reflux
To inspire confidence and self-esteem
To increase my energy levels
To age better
To fight sickness and disease
To break my addiction to unhealthy foods

Seth

One other thing…for anyone interested in the v-diet tracker I created here is a hyperlink to download it.

Microsoft Excel required. Copy and past into your browser address bar.

www.meeting-minutes.org/downloads/VDietTracker.xls

I enjoyed the list. It’s a great one.

ok…DAY 4 is done. I was SO discouraged yesterday (end of day 3 because I was so nauseous last night that I had to skip the last shake. I hated that.) I thought of throwing in the towel. But I asked myself this morning. Are you nauseous now? Keep plugging…everyone says first week is hardest…and today…
I turned a corner. I am still GAGGING when taking the drinks (who doesn’t)…but only a brief period of mild nausea lasting just a few minutes. And to think I almost threw in the towel.

So tonight I am almost as up as I was down last night. I didn’t miss a beat today (except for a slightly abbreviated NEPA of 35 mins.)

I have a good friend/fitness buff (he keyed me in on this diet) who is recommending ginger extract if the nausea comes back at all.

Going on vacation this weekend from Sat to Sat…and yet…I am confident I will succeed…it’ll probably seem easy after this week as long as the nausea stays away. And there will be plenty of TIME to do it.

I am already fantasizing about my Saturday HSM…4-6 oz lean steak or chicken…steamed mixed veggies in some kind of yummy sauce…and a small ceasar salad. The countdown begins.

I will end with one of my favorite poems…To Be of Use by Marge Piercy…I have a feeling a lot of you are like the “people she loves best” described here. Enjoy.

To Be of Use
Marge Piercy

The people I love the best
jump into work head first
without dallying in the shallows
and swim off with sure strokes almost out of sight.
They seem to become natives of that element,
the black sleek heads of seals
bouncing like half submerged balls.

I love people who harness themselves, an ox to a heavy cart,
who pull like water buffalo, with massive patience,
who strain in the mud and the muck to move things forward,
who do what has to be done, again and again.

I want to be with people who submerge
in the task, who go into the fields to harvest
and work in a row and pass the bags along,
who stand in the line and haul in their places,
who are not parlor generals and field deserters
but move in a common rhythm
when the food must come in or the fire be put out.

The work of the world is common as mud.
Botched, it smears the hands, crumbles to dust.
But the thing worth doing well done
has a shape that satisfies, clean and evident.
Greek amphoras for wine or oil,
Hopi vases that held corn, are put in museums
but you know they were made to be used.
The pitcher cries for water to carry
and a person for work that is real

Enjoyed very much, thank you Seth :wink: Will be coming back to re-read it here and there as well.

Hello All,

I am completely on target today…only items on my checklist left are exercise with Surge and then a bedtime shake. So it has been a good day.

A little queasy now and I am hoping it settles before my workout.

I am drining MASSIVE amounts of water…well at least for me. 150 oz a day (that does not include whats in the shakes.) I love drinking water on this diet. Pre-diet my normal water intake was about 70 oz. And, in another wierd development. I have been drinking my coffee black. I think having sweet drinks as my only sustenance has developed a liking for “stright” coffee.

Vacation starts tomorrow. I am going to stick with it. I know that in some ways it will be harder (the constant presence of eating-people) but I am also hoping easier (plenty of time to manage it all.) The villa has free access to a gym. That is good.

I am not sure about the internet access. May not get to post every day. But if there is no immediate access I will bop off to a coffee-shop every few days.

Another poem…less famous…

Always Be
Poet Unknown

Always,
Be understanding to your enemies.
Be loyal to your friends.
Be strong enough to face the world each day.
Be weak enough to know you cannot do everything alone.

Always,
Be generous to those who need your help.
Be frugal with that you need yourself.
Be wise enough to know that you do not know everything.
Be smart enough to continue learning.

Always,
Be willing to share your joys.
Be willing to share the sorrows of others.
Be a leader when you see a path others have missed.
Be a follower when you are shrouded by the mists of uncertainty.

Always,
Be first to congratulate an opponent who succeeds.
Be last to criticize a colleague who fails.
Be sure where your next step will fall, so that you will not tumble.
Be sure of your final destination, by setting your goals along the way.

Above all,
always be yourself.

Hey Seth,
Stay strong. I’m starting tomorrow. Originally I was hoping to start on a Monday, but I’m kind of glad now that I’m starting on a weekend just incase I have a hard time the first couple of days. Hope you have a great weekend.

On vacation…looks like I will have sporadic wireless…yeah.

I had my first HSM…outback 6 oz sirloin…(mouth is watering)…mixed steamed veggies…house salad with oil and vinegar dressing…

It was the absolutely BEST meal I have had in my life. I savoured it. (Another possible side-effect of this diet…maybe I will learn to eat and enjoy meails instead of inhale them.) I think it took me 35 mins to eat…and it was not a big meal.

Back to the grind. Tommorrow my first V-burn. One more shake tonight.

Seth