Biotest

Serous Tennis Player and V-Diet

Hey Chris,
I´m a serious tennis player, I train every day for about 2 hrs, play about 2 tournaments per month.
I had my 2nd baby a year ago and have not been able to loose the last 15lbs. I´ve always been lean and strong (athletic body), but I now feel depresed, I feel that everything is in the wrong place!
I have tried a lot of diets and a ton of workouts, 2 hrs of tennis a day and 1 hr of spinning. I´m desperate!! with my 1st baby I lost all the extra lbs easier.
I´m on my first day of the V-Diet, I trained 2 hrs today and need to train tomorrow too, as on monday I start a tournament.
What should I do? should I add an extra scoop of the Metabolic Drive, so I can have the necessary energy? I´m kind of lost.

If you would have asked me, I would not have suggested the V-Diet for you. It’s designed for people who train with weights and not in-season athletes. The V-Diet plan is pretty clear about about not doing excess cardio on the diet as it leads to muscle loss.

You have two options: make a return or drastically modify the diet so it’s not really a V-Diet anymore, but is something that can work for your situation.

Before I get into all of that, any plans at all of weight training? And did you buy the full V-Diet package of Biotest supplements, because your oder level says 0?

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
If you would have asked me, I would not have suggested the V-Diet for you. It’s designed for people who train with weights and not in-season athletes. The V-Diet plan is pretty clear about about not doing excess cardio on the diet as it leads to muscle loss.

You have two options: make a return or drastically modify the diet so it’s not really a V-Diet anymore, but is something that can work for your situation.

Before I get into all of that, any plans at all of weight training? And did you buy the full V-Diet package of Biotest supplements, because your oder level says 0?

[/quote]

I bought everything with my husband…I already talked to my trainer and since we are just a couple of weeks into summer, there are no more tournaments fro me to play until August…I can decrease my training schedule to 3 times a week, only 1 hour per session. As for weight training, I do plan on doing it, but what exercices should I be doing?

Is it ok, with just the 3 hrs of tennis a week? Plus the weight training…

I’d suggest the workout program that’s outlined in the V-Diet. It’s three days of lifting per week plus a V-Burn challenge bodyweight workout.

You can skip the NEPA on tennis days, and increase by one scoop of Metabolic Drive for the day if you feel you need it.

Hey Chris,
I lost 8.3lbs on my first week of the diet!!..I know I should not have weighed myself again until next week but the curiosity was killing me, so I did it and now I´m up 4.4 lbs…That´s not what´s killing me, because I know it´s water…but my jeans don´t fit, I feel really bloated, is that normal? Does it happen often?

Also I have my last tournament on May 9, what can I take to have more energy during the game?

Sometimes I get horrible cravings, and I always managed to get over them with mineral water, lime and salt…can I do that?

1. Please stay off the scale. You’ll only drive yourself crazy with natural fluctuations. What matters is your end of diet results. There’s a reason why the diet suggests against this.

2. Brain Candy.

3. That’s fine, as long as it doesn’t add calories.

About the bloating, is it normal?

Hey Chris,
Another question…I have a friend whose tiroid gland went nuts…she had some tests done and the doctors told her it was because she drank a lot of protein shakes. Do you know anything about that?

No, not normal at all. Hard to diagnose though. Too many things can cause it.