Biotest

Seriously Serious and Stubborn

I started on 2\19 with the intermediate program. I’m using everything exactly as it is laid out in the plan with HOT-ROX extreme and no (optional) fiber tablets.

I’m a goaltender and I’m active in many other things so my focus is improving my body so I can improve more areas of my life. I started this weighing in at 170lbs at around 17.5% BF @ 6ft - 24 years old.

I plan on doing a lot of bulking after this but I wanted to clean up my eating habits in an easy way first and drop some body fat first too.

I did V-BURN on Saturday and came in at 26:26.

Thanks to everyone for their logs and Chris for his excellent writing and answering of questions. After reading those for a week I was able to answer almost every single question I had and see some impressive progress of some individuals.

qirard - welcome…good luck.

Thanks johnson.

Yesterdays workout went OK. I still feel very low energy which made the squatting very hard at a normal 4-5 rep max. The chin-ups weren’t too bad but the last few sets I was only doing 1 rep a set.

Since Sunday I’ve felt like absolute crap about 3-5 hours out of each day at different times. I’m hoping that subsides soon.

[quote]qirard wrote:
Thanks johnson.

Yesterdays workout went OK. I still feel very low energy which made the squatting very hard at a normal 4-5 rep max. The chin-ups weren’t too bad but the last few sets I was only doing 1 rep a set.

Since Sunday I’ve felt like absolute crap about 3-5 hours out of each day at different times. I’m hoping that subsides soon. [/quote]

yeah I know how that goes…i was feeling like that yesterday…today Im doing better

Day 6.

Walked a few miles yesterday. I’ve been tracking my distance and speed with trailguru. I tend to go at about 4.5-5.0mph pretty easily without feeling like I’m “speed walking.” I’ve been meaning to load my iphone with some of my language files so I can practice Spanish and Brasilian Portuguese while walking around aimlessly.

Third workout coming up in the next little bit. I’m think I’m going to do my first HSM today too.

It will be nice eating a 12oz porterhouse while watching Russia give Canada a beating.

Day 7

Yesterday’s workout went well. Didn’t get too much nepa in though.

The first hsm meal was great! Porterhouse, steamed broccoli, romaine lettuce with red peppers and red vinegar, grilled yams, and an orange for desert.

Russia sucked though. Their coach really cost them a chance at Olympic gold. It’s going to be really tough for the US to beat Canada a second time now…

Weighed in at 162lbs yesterday morning so -8lbs since 2/19.

[quote]qirard wrote:

Russia sucked though. Their coach really cost them a chance at Olympic gold. It’s going to be really tough for the US to beat Canada a second time now…
[/quote]

Haha. Well as long as your boy Miller keeps working his magic USA should get the gold no problem. Of course now we’re kinda the underdogs, a position Canadians kill from :slight_smile:

Good luck with the diet. I just started day 1 today. Are you taking pic’s? measurements? Congrats on the weight loss so far.

[quote]miss fit wrote:
Haha. Well as long as your boy Miller keeps working his magic USA should get the gold no problem. Of course now we’re kinda the underdogs, a position Canadians kill from :slight_smile:

Good luck with the diet. I just started day 1 today. Are you taking pic’s? measurements? Congrats on the weight loss so far.[/quote]

Woh, you cannot take the underdog card away from the US. The Canadians were and still are the absolute favorite for the gold. All 4 lines would be a first line on almost every team in the NHL! The US team has Ryan Miller and Kane, that’s it! Haha.

Yeah, I took pictures and measurements on day 1 but felt kind of silly posting them considering how I look like Ryan Miller. =]

Anyway, here is day 1:
Height: 6
Weight: 170lbs
Neck: 14.5
Shoulders 15
Chest Upper 39
Chest Lower 36
Waist - at Navel 35
Waist - at largest 36
Hips - at largest 37
Upper Arm L 13
Upper Arm R 13.1
Upper Leg L 21
Upper Leg R 21
Lower Leg L 14.2
Lower Leg R 14.2
Ankle L 10
Ankle R 10

Picture fail on the above. I forgot you can’t post multiples. Here is the rest from day 1.

Workout yesterday was good but I died doing the pull-ups. Only managed to get 35 in and even after multiple breaks I couldn’t finish the last 5. Might have lifted the previous two exercises too heavy or something.

I’m really really low on energy. I’ve been getting light headed all day when standing up, esp. after some nepa this afternoon. All I’ve been thinking about is orange chicken with chow mein.

Moved the V-burn to tomorrow with hopes that another good nights sleep will get me over this hump.

Hunger and energy sucked again today.

Just got done the v-burn and had good improvement. 22:37, so about 4 minutes less than last time.
Can someone confirm you are supposed to do 10 single deadlifts on each leg and same for the reverse lunge? (20 total each exercise)

I’m pretty sure I read 5 per leg for a total of 10 reps per set. That’s what I’m doing until I hear otherwise.

Thanks Miss Fit, and congrats on your gold tonight =D What a game!

I did some searching and found it,
“Perform 10 reps of each exercise. For the single-limb exercises, do five reps on each side, for a total of 10. (The single-limb exercises are listed in yellow.)” It’s a lot of information to take in all at once…feel stupid for messing that up twice before thinking about it. Oh well, more work can’t hurt on those!

I should be able to cut my times down even more next week as those extra 120 reps definitely take some extra time!

Yesterday sucked. I chipped my upper front tooth in half playing some light racquetball with a friend. All the years I’ve been playing hockey I’ve never screwed any teeth up, so lame for it to happen in racquetball.

Tomorrow, I have my second HSM. I haven’t decided what I’m eating or if I’m going out yet. I have to tell you I was way more excited for the first one. I’m pretty used to the shakes now and feel a lot better than I have the entire time.

I’m going to take some pics tomorrow morning and do my second weigh-in.

Day 13?

Didn’t take pics this morning as the day was hectic but I am way leaner already…definitely on the way out of the skinny fat. Weighed in at 161 lbs this morning. Since I weighed in at a bit over 163lbs on Day 4 I think the biggest difference in the weight is most of it isn’t water weight now.

I can’t wait to finish this and then start my 5-3-1 program. I hope to put on 15-20lbs of lean mass and then reevaluate my goals based on what sports I’m concentrating on.

HSM was tonight. A whole yam, salad with tomatoes\onions, some shredded beef with onions, peppers, lettuce, and black beans. I was going to have broccoli but I could barely eat what I had made. Orange again for dessert.
I’m skipping the peanut butter on bedtime shake.

Deadline day was awesome today – really delayed my workout but I still got the full thing in before my HSM, LETS GO CAPS.

I think I’m going to dip in to the 150’s this weekend or Monday. Last year, on April 1st I weighed in at around 205lbs so it’s pretty crazy to think about.

I wasn’t out of shape then per say. I could run 5 miles no problem, bike 35 miles, and was still good at the sports I was doing but I look and feel so much better now. This last 10lbs from 170 to 160 has made me look very different. I can see ab muscles for the first time in my life.

I think the biggest thing about this diet is it has me lifting, fueling myself properly, and it made me stop drinking. I’ve never in my life done all 3 of those things at the same time…it’s neat how easy it works.

I set a PR on deadlift tonight. Benched hard and failed out on pull-ups again. I’ve never done neutral grip before and it’s been hard adjusting compared to chinning.

159.8lbs.

V-burn 19 minutes 44.9 seconds. Woot.

Day 20:
Height: 6
Weight: 159.6lbs
Neck: 14.5
Shoulders 15
Chest â?? Upper 37
Chest â?? Lower 35.5
Waist - at Navel 33
Waist - at largest 34
Hips - at largest 35.5
Upper Arm â?? L 13
Upper Arm â?? R 13.1
Upper Leg â?? L 21
Upper Leg â?? R 21
Lower Leg â?? L 14.2
Lower Leg â?? R 14.2
Ankle â?? L 10
Ankle â?? R 10

Really only, chest, waist, hips changed. Everything else was about the same or within a tenth of an inch so I didn’t bother recording it as it could just be measurement error. Makes sense though as you can’t really make huge muscle gains in this amount of time.

Day 1 to Day 20 side by side.

Still here. Just don’t feel like doing the log really.
I am going to Mt Washington and doing a bunch of ice climbing from the 19th to the 22nd so I’m eating real food now to get my energy back. I feel really skinny anyway and I’m more excited about bulking then trying to cut any more fat right now since it’s not like I have much of a base to cut to right now. Lifts are still going up.

The whole thing has gone really well and has me eating really healthy without craving crap foods so overall I would say it’s been a success.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.