Biotest

Sd's V-Diet Log

Here it goes. I’m actually on day 4. I hadn’t planned on doing a log, but I find reading the current ones helpful, so I figured this could only help more. I’m probably not going to get into detail with listing weights/reps and such - more of a check-in that I’m getting it done.

Day 1 and 2 went well because I was fired up to get started and make some change. Yesterday (day 3) I found myself really wanting food, but was able to distract myself and get through. Today is okay so farâ?¦.just got back from a 40 min walk in 10 degree weather and now my stomach is growling. Time for a shake.

Female
Height: 65 inches
Starting weight: 150
Don’t have my measurements handy - I’ll post later.

I have worked out/weight trained my whole life in some form or another. I did a couple of figure shows about 5 yrs ago. Currently dabble in Crossfit, along with some traditional strength training. Not planning on doing Crossfit during this except for maybe some short conditioning sessions. I’m not following the V-Diet workouts exactly, but doing something close according to the equipment I have and lifts I need to stay strong on.

Wish me luck!

Forgot to mention?I did the V-Diet previously about 4 years ago. I don’t remember exactly, but think I dropped around 13-15 pounds. I remember it was 7 the first week and a couple a week after that. Hoping to do about the same this time.

I just had another shake. Sometimes I really have to choke them down, especially when I have the flax and Superfood in them. When I ordered they only had chocolate in stock. They agreed to fill part of the order and send strawberry and vanilla when it was back in stock. It would really help to change flavors throughout the day so I hope they come soon.

Good luck sandradee! I found that it was really helpful to add fresh lime juice to the shakes for the first two weeks - it cut down on the sweetness of the chocolate and made it much easier to get them down. By the middle of the second week, I could handle drinking the chocolate on it’s own again.

Be happy, i ordered my full V-Diet with Chocolate! I thought it would be ok on the first shake, but then … :slight_smile:
Good luck to you!
Banana was my favorite by far

[quote]jdeane wrote:
Good luck sandradee! I found that it was really helpful to add fresh lime juice to the shakes for the first two weeks - it cut down on the sweetness of the chocolate and made it much easier to get them down. By the middle of the second week, I could handle drinking the chocolate on it’s own again.[/quote]

Thanks jdeane, I will have to give that a try. Hoping I get another flavor soon.

[quote]infected wrote:
Be happy, i ordered my full V-Diet with Chocolate! I thought it would be ok on the first shake, but then … :slight_smile:
Good luck to you!
Banana was my favorite by far[/quote]

I remember when I did it last I was thankful to have different flavors. The only one I didn’t order is banana. I like bananas, but usually dislike banana flavored things.

Woke up starving today. Glad it was a workout day so I could get the extra carbs and calories. I felt very weak during my workout though, even with sipping my Surge during. My front squats were considerably less than what I would normally do for 5 reps. Oh well, I guess I expected not to feel the strongest during such a calorie reduction. Snow storm here right now so I will be doing my walk later or just stay more active for the day. (hard to do when you’re staying in)

I got a FedEx notice that another flavor of MD is on it’s way! Yay!

Good luck, sandradee!

Thursday
Day 6
Everything is going well. I’m still feeling some hunger, but not as much as the previous two days. NEPA walk outside today - only 35 min because I was getting cold, even bundled up and moving. Damn winter! Tried one of my shakes today blended with ice. It was a nice change - it cut the sweetness quite a bit. I left it thick so I even used a spoon at first. I should have another flavor tomorrow which will help. The highlight of my meals is licking the peanut butter spoon when making my final shake. :slight_smile:

I haven’t weighed since I started but definitely feeling trimmer. I plan on weighing Sat. morning and having my HSM Sat. evening. Really looking forward to that right now.

[quote]sandradee wrote:
The highlight of my meals is licking the peanut butter spoon when making my final shake. :)[/quote]

haha, same here!

Friday
Day 7
Once today is over, I will have one week done. It’s been okay, but it has seemed like a long week. I have been rather hungry again today. Sometimes within a half hour after my shakes I’m already feeling hungry again. The Surge after workouts lasts the longest, so it must be the carbs. Weighing in tomorrow morning and having my real food!!

Today’s workout felt better than Wednesday. Much more energy and strength. Maybe part of it was psychological though because I like deadlifts and bench press. Felt a little weaker on my bench, but I haven’t worked out at home in awhile and the set-up/positioning was different than I’m used to so maybe is was part of it.

Received my strawberry flavor today. Not great but definitely a nice change.

Saturday
Day 8

Weighed in at 143. A loss of 7 lbs. Very happy with that, but I know it’s first week results and will probably slow down after this. My meal wasn’t as satisfying as I would have liked. We were going to eat out and everywhere we went had quite a wait for tables so we settled and my choices for something healthy weren’t many. Ended up having blackened chicken breast on a salad. I would have liked additional veggies or maybe some fruit too. Next week will be better planned. Still have to get a shake down tonight but not really feeling like one.

Wow 7lbs is great!

[quote]GregManzo wrote:
Wow 7lbs is great! [/quote]

Thanks! I’m feeling it in how my clothes fit too, which is even better.

Sunday
Day 9

Fairly easy day today. Shakes even seem to be tasting better than last week. And I’m thinking less about eating. 35 min walk for my NEPA plus a lot of activity around the house.

Monday
Day 10

Everything on track. Workout felt good today. I just don’t feel like I have the same strength as usual, but its to be somewhat expected when eating at a deficit I guess. I probably need to start doing a little more NEPA but I’ve been walking and it’s so darn cold here. Might add a little more time on our indoor bicycle.

Tuesday
Day 11

Everything is cruising along just fine. A few fleeting moments of craving real food here and there, but nothing overwhelming. I have been 100% on the shakes - not even a bite of anything else. It’s hard because I cook dinners for my sons and even though I don’t always eat the same; simple things like avoiding trying a piece of pasta to see if it’s done cooking. NEPA walk today. Feeling confident now that I’m going to finish this thing!

You’re almost at the halfway point! Once you get past day 14, everything seems a bit easier with more days behind than ahead :slight_smile:

[quote]jdeane wrote:
You’re almost at the halfway point! Once you get past day 14, everything seems a bit easier with more days behind than ahead :)[/quote]

That’s what I was hoping! Thanks!

Wednesday
Day 12

On track with shakes and workout. Another day down and almost at the half way point.