Biotest

Scott in AL - V-Diet Log

I am a 44 year old guy in Alabama. My wife and I are on day 4 of the V-Diet. I really need to lose 50 pounds.

Here are my measurements as of Saturday night (5-2):

weight 206
height 5ft 6in
neck 17
shoulders 51.25
chest (upper) 43
chest (lower) 42
waist (at navel)42
waist (pants) 40
upper arm (L) 13.75
upper arm ® 13.5
upper leg ® 24.5
upper leg (L) 24.5
lower leg ® 16.5
lower leg (L) 16.5
ankle ® 9.5
ankle (L) 9.5

I am shocked at how much and how quickly I am losing weight and inches. As of this morning, I have lost 7 pounds and 3 inches on my waist at the navel. I am amazed and its incredible motivating to see such results so fast.

However, I do need to confess some V-Diet sins and get some advice. So here is my list of sins.

(Sins of Commission)
Coffee with a lil non-dairy creamer (I’ll explain in a bit)

(Sins of Omission)
1st - when my wife ordered she saw the word (stimulant) next to HOT-ROX and that bothered her so she didn’t buy it and we havent been taking it. This may relate to a problem I’ll describe shortly

2nd - We have truly not been hungry or had cravings, however after shake number 4 we have both found we have NO DESIRE to drink shake 5, so we’ve skipped it. We don’t really want to force ourselves to drink it but am open for advice and chastening if we need it.

3rd - A couple of days, I have had to skip NEPA or reduce because I just didnt have the time. I work full-time and have five kids (I really dont have the time for an hour-lomg walk) I am getting up at 5 in the morning for the workouts can I include workouts and NEPA together?

OK - so here’s what I need to know. Both me and my wife are feeling VERY sluggish all day, but especially in the afternoon and evenings (but we are sleeping well). Could it be the missing HOT-ROX?

How bad is it we keep skipping shake number 5? Could it put our bodies into starvation mode? What’s bad about skipping?

Also, my brother recently did the V-Diet and did really well but had to quit due to constipation and related complications. We are genetically identical (triplets) and both of us do not have a gall bladder. How can I avoid the constipation that made him have to quit? I am taking extra fiber choice tablets. BTW, this is why I started back on the coffee. I am pretty sure it is helping me stay regular.

Lastly, I have developed a rash as of this moring. Its not too bad and is very tolerable and it may not be related to the diet, but has anyone had a rash on the V-Diet and do any of you have any advice.

I intend to keep this up unless something severe stops me, the rapid weight and fat loss is SO SO motivating.

Thanks

Scott

Ask Chris, V-Diet 3.0 (Part I)
Ask Chris, V-Diet 3.0 (Part I)

Welcome!

I can’t claim to know the answers to your questions, but I do suggest if you don’t get an answer to them on this thread, that you repost them on the “Ask Chris” thread…he’s very good about responding to stuff over there. I don’t think he has a chance to see all the individual V-Diet logs.

Good luck!

Hi scott, I’m starting tomorrow, so I’m not really sure if I’m the one to help you here, but I’ll try anyway!

1. If you and your wife ar worried about the stimulant effects of HOT-ROX, you could try just taking one capsule twice a day and see how it feels - it may help you push through the times when you feel sluggish but don’t take it too soon before bedtime.

2. I think you should make sure you follow the plan and have shake 5, just think that by doing it, you will be making your results better. One thing I have learned in these forums is that to get great results you need to stick to the plan.

3. How old are your kids, could you get them to join you for NEPA? Maybe playing ball games or taking a walk as a family? It might make it more enjoyable if your family is doing it together.

Once again, I’m not the expert, you should post in the Ask Chris section if you’re still not sure, just like ATXwolverine said, and good luck on your V-Diet!

[quote]x_alli_x wrote:
Hi scott, I’m starting tomorrow, so I’m not really sure if I’m the one to help you here, but I’ll try anyway!

1. If you and your wife ar worried about the stimulant effects of HOT-ROX, you could try just taking one capsule twice a day and see how it feels - it may help you push through the times when you feel sluggish but don’t take it too soon before bedtime.

2. I think you should make sure you follow the plan and have shake 5, just think that by doing it, you will be making your results better. One thing I have learned in these forums is that to get great results you need to stick to the plan.

3. How old are your kids, could you get them to join you for NEPA? Maybe playing ball games or taking a walk as a family? It might make it more enjoyable if your family is doing it together.

Once again, I’m not the expert, you should post in the Ask Chris section if you’re still not sure, just like ATXwolverine said, and good luck on your V-Diet![/quote]

alli,

Good luck on your start tomorrow.

The fifth shake. Fact is I have NOT wanted it. but I’ve been chastened by Chris and I’ll start it tonight. I just hate forcing myself to drink it if I don’t want it.

NEPA. I am also going to combine my NEPA and workouts because honestly that is how I have to do it if I’m going to get it done.

HOT-ROX. I am ordering the HOT-ROX and will make do without them until they arrive.

I also think I am going to order a stool softener to the mix of supps to help prevent constipation.

My only problem at this point is the rash. I am not sure how I am going to handle that. We’ll see.

To answer your question, we have 5 kids ranging in age from 18 to 6, including one graduating from high school and all of them participating in some kind of sport.

Scott

[quote]scottsp64 wrote:
The fifth shake. Fact is I have NOT wanted it. but I’ve been chastened by Chris and I’ll start it tonight. I just hate forcing myself to drink it if I don’t want it.
[/quote]

Having just started my v-diet, I know how you feel on this one! Guess we’ll both just have to force it down!

Hi Scott
I’m 44 and I’m from Alabama! I currently reside in Minnesota. I grew up in Gadsden, Al.

I finished the V-Diet back in March and had great success. It can be tough, but very rewarding. Just stick with it. The first week is the hardest

mmcrath,

Thanks for the reply and the encouragement.
The fact is I have broken out into a rash and it started 2 days after I started the diet. My assumption is that I am consuming something in the diet that is causing the rash. My stratagy has been since then to eat one HSM a day and consume only the protein shakes with no supps. If the rash goes away I will add the supps one at a time every few days to see if I can find out what is causing the rash.

I am still doing the exercises as required. Unfortunately, I am on day 3 of using only the protein shakes with no supps and the rash has not gone away (admittedly, it’s not gotten a lot worse either) so I am beginning to conclude that it may be the Protein shake itself that is causing my reaction.

If so, that sucks because that mean I can’t do ANY FORM of this diet with these shakes and supplements and in 7 days I’ve lost at least 8-10 pounds and 2 or 3 inches on my waist. It has made me highly motivated. Even if I have to abandon it completely I will absolutely eat as Chris recommends and continue with the training regimen. I feel very confident I will continue to lose weight and get in shape, albeit much more slowly than I had hoped.

Frankly, the rash isn’t real bad but if it is a truly an allergic reaction I have decided that anaphylactic shock is not my preferred method of death either.

The great thing is my wife is doing well on the V-Diet.

Hang in there, buddy. If the rash is not a big deal then maybe it will just go away :slight_smile:

Michael