Biotest

Scorpion's 3rd Annual V-Diet Blog

Ok, I’m on day-4. Down about 5 lbs already. I forgot how bad Surge tastes, LOL!!! When I first did this thing back in 2007 I could barely finish my first Surge shake. By the 2nd week, I was wiping the inside of the near empty cup and licking the stuff off my fingers! Let’s hope the same happens this year.

Had a problem with the first workout. I’ve had a bad right shoulder that was healing up pretty good but when I did heavy dips, I think I aggravated it and I’m back to square one. I wasn’t too smart I guess, b/c that’s how I hurt the shoulder in the first place - doing dips w/50lbs hanging of my belt. UGH! :^( Hopefully today’s break from weights will help. I switched to decline DB press after the 2nd set but had to use medium load b/c of the pain.

Also, the lower body exercises are all new for me, so I had to use medium load rather than heavy. I hope that’s not against the rules, Chris and Chad :slight_smile:

Check out my blog with much more at…

More to come later. Gotta go for a walk!!!

Scorpion,

You’ve done the V-Diet 3 times already?!

How were your results from each?

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

thats great buddy third time in how many years like others even iam intrested to know your changes everytime u did in term of fat loss and super best for this attempt

[quote]raviraj wrote:
thats great buddy third time in how many years like others even iam intrested to know your changes everytime u did in term of fat loss and super best for this attempt [/quote]

Check out my blog in the link in my first post of this thread, then scroll to the bottom to see the wieght loss and fat loss charts. The fat loss chart really shows why you need to do this for 4 weeks. Like I’ve posted before, the weight comes off really fast in the beginning, but the BF drops more slowly and steadily over the course of the 4-6 weeks.

Just a quick question mate.

How come you do the V-Diet annually? Is it because you are yet to reach your goal, or is it the fact that you keep slipping back to your old ways?

[quote]eponymous wrote:

How come you do the V-Diet annually? Is it because you are yet to reach your goal, or is it the fact that you keep slipping back to your old ways?[/quote]

Big 2nd

[quote]Sebz wrote:
eponymous wrote:

How come you do the V-Diet annually? Is it because you are yet to reach your goal, or is it the fact that you keep slipping back to your old ways?

Big 2nd[/quote]

Yes, big 2nd. I was originally 205 back in 2005. Through diet and exercise I whipped myself into shape and got down to 170-175 range. My ultimate goal was to reach single digit bodyfat. So, I tried the V-Diet, which got me to about 11% upper body and 16% lower body, and to about 160 lbs, which was still good for a 42 year old.

Unfortunately, it’s very hard for me to maintain that weight, without eating perfectly clean 99% of the time. Plus, I tried some bulking after the V-Diet and made the mistake of putting the weight back on - I did add muscle but still added some more fat back on.

So, I’ve been using V-Diet as a way to lean out for summer here in New England. I’m able to stay in size 32 pants most of the year. By each of the past two Februarys I’ve been faced with the dilemna: go back up tp size 34 pants or or lose the weight.

With my numbers, it’s easier to use the sledge hammer, as Chris says, and just do it. I’d prefer to lose 12 lbs in 4-5 weeks, then relax. Losing 1 lb a week for me with regular diet and exercise for 12-20 weeks is much harder.

This plot shows weight loss comparison for my 3 VDs. So far, it looks like I’m on track this year too. It’s a little hard to see, but…

MAGENTA = 2007
BLUE = 2008
YELLOW = 2009

The y-axis goes from 158 lbs to 174 lbs. Each horizontal grid line is 2 lb apart.

Love the graphical representation!

I might borrow the idea for seeing my progress on this, my second, Velocity-Diet!

Stay Strong!

[quote]etrader83 wrote:
Love the graphical representation!

I might borrow the idea for seeing my progress on this, my second, Velocity-Diet!

Stay Strong![/quote]

Thanks bro! I’m an engineer - I have to plot everything! :^)

Takes an engineer to appreciate another’s work! LOL

[quote]etrader83 wrote:
Takes an engineer to appreciate another’s work! LOL[/quote]

I can send you the XLS file if you want and you can just fill in your numbers. Just send me a PM on T-Nation with an email address and I’ll send it over.