Biotest

Say Hi to the Bad Guy

This spot reserved for general stuff. Farting around late at night and decided I should get a jump on the topic at and. I expect my stuff wed, so thur I start.

A little background:

I was an athlete, once a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I was hit by a car when I was 15, pretty much destroying my left ankle. That injury eventually lead to me destroying my left knee. I was always able to stay fit until the knee. After that, I put on weight with a vengeance and a half. Went up to 230 and no weight training. After a few years I finally got my knee repaired and dropped something like 15lbs. Stayed there for a while. Worked at UPS for a while and dropped even more weight. Went back to EMS full time and put it back on.

I sit here now at about 225. Wouldn’t be that bad if it wasn’t for the fact I’m 5’8". I’m not doing EMS full time anymore- traded that for teaching (and I’m one of those constantly moving kind of guys) but I need something to kick start my body. I want to be a better role-model to my son (turned 1 sat) and I decided to try this. I don’t mind being a “big guy” but I’m sick of having as much fat as I do.

Measurements and pictures will come that Thursday. I’ll be able to do them early in the morning since I’m on April break right now

Welcome aboard the crazy train, Reaper!

thanks, I’ve already gotten the “that can’t be good for you” from my medic co-workers. I told them don’t worry about it:)

[quote]Reaper Man wrote:
thanks, I’ve already gotten the “that can’t be good for you” from my medic co-workers. I told them don’t worry about it:)[/quote]

Were they eating cheesedoodles at that time? What about drinking soda? Or the infamous “wraps.” All of that stuff is real good for them (if they want to die prematurely).
They could have been under the influence.

Challenge them to a V Burn Challege and see who wins. I’m betting on not them.

yea, was talking to a couple today- I jokingly told them I’d see them in the ICU in a few weeks.

I’m already in better shape than ~90% of the fire dept- but I’m also built for power and not endurance.

Just picked up the last bits needed to do the diet that’s not supplements *milled flax seed is deceptively difficult to find around me for some reason. Already have my organic PB. Just waiting on my other stuff

Did day 1 of the workout with the time in between sets kept strict, trying to get a feel:

V workout program: advanced

Bent over row underhand grip
5 x 4

Going to increase the weight to 195 next time to see how that goes, if not, 205.

overhead squat (actually never done these before, mainly because of my limited mobility)
95*5 x5 trying to get a feel for it really

Dip
bw10
+35
5 x 3
+25*5 probably start out with 25. The 30sec rest kills me on these

ab wheel
5x4

question- should I do the ab wheel in one/two set(s) instead?

Currently enjoying one of my last solid meals (and it’s pretty clean: steak kabobs with just a pepper rub, fruit salad, some garden salad, and then some pasta salad- leftovers from my son’s b-day cookout)

time to put up or shut up. Officially starts tomorrow.

Here are my currents stats:

Weight: 223.4
Neck: 16 1/2
Shoulders: 50 1/2
Chest Upper: 44
Chest Lower: 44
Waist at Navel: 45
Waist at largest: 41 1/4
Hips at largest: 45
Upper Arm L: 15 1/2
Upper Arm R: 15 1/2
Upper Leg L: 25 1/2
Upper Leg R: 25
Lower Leg L: 15
Lower Leg R: 16
Ankle L: 9 1/2
Ankle R: 9 1/2

and now for the side

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/c/2/c21dc-100_0875.jpg

and of course the rear. mmm furry

I love the added oontz to the packaging

one of the reasons I’m doing this: my little tank

Almost as cool as my lil dude!! Lets rock this bitch out I’ll be keeping an eye on ya.

Good luck, Reaper! I begin May 4th. We have a lot in common as far as our stats go. I’m 5’8’’ myself, and as you know weight doesn’t carry well on us short guys (at least I consider myself short, no offense, lol). I was around the 225lbs range, but lost down to 210 a few months ago. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of muscle mass in the process. I didn’t lift AT ALL during this time and I’m paying for it in the gym. So much weaker than I’ve ever been. Sad. But I’m looking forward to starting the V-Diet soon! Keep us posted. I will be following your progress closely. Later!

[quote]hammerhead70 wrote:
Almost as cool as my lil dude!! Lets rock this bitch out I’ll be keeping an eye on ya.[/quote]

I figure with the 2 of us, we can smoke this

As a fellow short guy mouth- trust me I know how it is

As for today: just finished my morning shake- it wasn’t bad with the strawberry Metabolic Drive. I forgot how jittery I can be with HOT-ROX (I never drink anything with a stimulant in it/ coffee, tea etc- making me the weird guy on the ambulance)

I will say the superfood smells like that time I fed chili to Max*

• standard disclaimer, no I did not really feed my son chili

I have to say- I hate chad and his rest periods

pullup- wide grip

total: 27

I used every one of the 12 sets available…

Incline DB press- neutral grip
30*20

504 x6

total: 40

Romanian DL
8 x 5

after the 3rd set I had to take extended rest to avoid vomiting

barbell curl
708 x 4
70*2

hanging knee raise
10*4

Total: 40

Everything was going great until the DL. For reps with that little rest is tough

day 1 down- overall, not too bad. I have to say I felt full most of the day

note to self- plan walk accordingly- had to go to the bathroom so bad by the end

How was the hunger post work out? That is the time I am most worried about being difficult.

[quote]JBPrime wrote:
How was the hunger post work out? That is the time I am most worried about being difficult.[/quote]

I have a shake (the last one of the day) within 30 min/1 hour of my workout and haven’t had any hunger problems.

Reaper, keep it up!

Sounds like day 1 went well! Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!

[quote]JBPrime wrote:
How was the hunger post work out? That is the time I am most worried about being difficult.[/quote]

didn’t really notice it that much, I’ll have to see the for the next one. I did start to get hungry right before my “bedtime” shake, but it wasn’t “grr, I’m so hungry- let me eat this small person” type stuff.

Nice work Reaper.

The pullups are going to get so much easier for you. Besides getting stronger, every few pounds you lose will be making the load lighter.