Biotest

SamuraiWannaBe's Velocity Diet

So, I must have a psychic link with T-Nation or something, the day I originally planned to order my remaining V-Diet supplies (been slowly stocking up since December, they declare a huge sale! (lets just hope everything doesn’t sell out on me…)

On with business! My V-Diet will start March 10th, the first day of spring quarter at school (we’re on 'tri-mesters/quarters). one quarter is 10 weeks. It works out great for training and diet plans, perfect even amount of time.

Note- I will post back as time draws closer with pictures, and more specific stats, measurements, etc, ya know the stuff that makes a v-diet log actually useful.

Basic stats as of right now (March 1)-

WEIGHT- Between 203-206ish (down from 213 all time high in December, dropped 10 pounds simply by eating Gourmet nutrition meals and progressively dropping oatmeal for breakfast, cool!)

BODY TYPE- Meso/ectomorph, kinda hard to tell, in high school you’d say “ECTOMRPH!” I was 145-160 pounds at over 6’ tall… skinny fat, eww… I still consider myself ‘thin’ but I exhibit Meso qualities like broader shoulders and thick thighs.

HEIGHT- 6’1"

BF% ROUGH estimate- 10%<X<15% somewhere in that range.

Main GOALS and REASONS for V-Diet (aka the fluff)- After being a tall skinny bastard I got up to near 200 pounds 3-4 years ago on the ‘see food diet’ as my nutritional advice and knowledge was severely lacking.

After learning/being referred to T-Nation, I have done a few ‘diets’ every spring to try to get ‘ripped’, but always mess up due to choice, if I have choice in my meals, I overcomplicated things and mess up, results not fast enough and give up.

During the past two years or so I have built a ‘respectable’ body (to the average American), after I discovered powerlifting and went from 185 to 210 in a few months of WS4SB and learning to work hard and lift heavy, forget ‘the pump’ shit. I should say right now, I’m a powerlifter not a bodybuilder. Why V-Diet then?

I want to look how I feel I should look and thats a lean scary mo-fo. I think that Matt Kroc is a great example of what my personal goal would be (I know I’m taller, and naturally thinner, and am drug free (please no drug free vs assisted comments).

So yeah, summary, I am sick of my death handles and pooch, there is no reason to have death handles and a pooch, don’t need, it, hate how it looks, go by by now!

What do I expect?- I think I’ll probably drop to the 180’s on the diet, not sure, not really worried. I plan on competing in the 198 class this fall winter and my ultimate goal is to be in the 220 class at <10% fat. My legs will lean out first, no doubt, all 4 muscles in the quad are totally visible already, WITH vascularity so no worries about getting ‘ripped wheels’, as for everything else, we’ll see…

After the V-Diet and transition- If more fat loss is desired/needed I will continue by using Waterbury’s Summer Project plan; if I am happy with my level of leanness I’ll switch back to WS4SB3 and strait up WS style to prepare for a meet in the fall/winter.

As for diet, I will be getting precision nutrition and utilize that to keep my physique in check while making sure performance excels and gain quality lean mass. After the V-Diet I also plan on experiment with ‘Level 4 Leanness’ and doing a photo shoot with my girlfriends brother who is a photographer (no mirror self portraits for me!)

Remember, pics and measurements will come in ONE WEEK, right before i actually start. Thats it for now, I swear!

Note, these pictures were taken near the end of December (right before Gus started the Physique Clinic V-Diet) at my all time high of 213 pounds. I will post updated pics at 203ish pounds next week when I take them, also, sorry the pics are not great quality, but i will make sure the remainder ARE good quality with a black backdrop and not yellowed out… The light in my Girl friends room is odd…

another… kinda pushing my belly out and shoulders to far back… oh well… I remember I also measured my waist this night, it was just over 40 inches… blah! now it is around 38.5"

believe it or not I am NOT flexing my butt… sweet muffin top too!

side shot aka the money shot…

just one of new tattoo work, and my face in profile

Non-Yellow back shot ‘close up’ flexed

try more like 20% BF :wink: good luck, and wish i hadn’t seen those underwear pics

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
try more like 20% BF :wink: good luck, and wish i hadn’t seen those underwear pics[/quote]

Yeah, remember those pics are from a few months back, then yeah, I’d agree for sure around 20%, right now I am almost as lean as I got last spring; currently have vascualtiy coming through in my legs and arms. If I had someone to check my BF for me I would, we only have those stupid electro-impedance things at the gym and we all know, those don’t really work…

Pussy. Lift some weight.

20% at 213 is 170.4 lean = 16% at 203 so he was pretty close.

This should be fun to watch. I still don’t know if I want to vdiet, making good progress as is. Good thing you lost that last 10lbs, or I would say that I am leaner than you.

Good luck, and I will keep a close eye on this.

Are you guys hosting any more powerlifting meets this year?

[quote]Pemdas wrote:
Pussy. Lift some weight. [/quote]

Thanks man, I knew I could count on you for the best moral supprt out there :wink:

[quote]Zagman wrote:

This should be fun to watch. I still don’t know if I want to vdiet, making good progress as is. Good thing you lost that last 10lbs, or I would say that I am leaner than you.

Are you guys hosting any more powerlifting meets this year?[/quote]

Yeah, im not conserned with the weight; I’m not to concerne with stepping on stage either, I just really wanna get rid f the damn death handles and pooch

as for meets, ha, you are funny… i’d like to get the club in better standing but yeah. thats a whole other story… we’re thinking of doinga truck pull during spring fest…

sorry for all the mis spellings and crap, i’m on my friends computer and its freaking out…maaaan…

Samurai: Good luck dude, you know you got a shitload of support behind you with the team and all.

Lee: Change your avatar, no one wants to see your undies (that goes for james too!)

Pemdas: You laugh too loud.

The V-Diet is nuts, but as I’ve said to ya before man, if anyone I know can do it; you can. Do it up, then you and I will be in the same weight class again! I plan to stick around 180 till april. Then slowly step it up until I’m at the top of the 198 weight class again. (with low BF as well)

Hey Samurai I’m currently on Day 6 right now and I’m having my solid meal tomorrow.

The diet is not as hard as anyone makes it out to be. But it’s not easy either. Your biggest hurdle to cross will be your own thoughts!

DG

I’ve always wondered… what does a dramatic change in weight do to a set of tats like that?

[quote]thomas.galvin wrote:
I’ve always wondered… what does a dramatic change in weight do to a set of tats like that?[/quote]

Well, i have some stretch marks already, in the death handle area and in the pooch, from AFTER i got the work done when I was 18 (still in high school when it was started, like 6 years ago now. It doesn’t really ‘ruin it much.’ as it is a very organic design it is hard to see imperfection in the design, if it was a very linear design it would be noticeable.

There were also stretch marks in my underarm/ back/ lat area that got covered right up by the peony flowers last summer. Overall i think that it would be more noticeable if i was OBESE and then lost a lot of weight, like, blow up a balloon, draw a face on it, then let it deflate, you get the idea…

[quote]GO Fitness wrote:
Hey Samurai I’m currently on Day 6 right now and I’m having my solid meal tomorrow.

The diet is not as hard as anyone makes it out to be. But it’s not easy either. Your biggest hurdle to cross will be your own thoughts!

DG[/quote]

Yeah, I think i wont have to terrible of a time, I naturally don’t really like to eat all the time, so just shakes will be convenient, I’ll probably get sick of it, but eh, who knows, I’ll find out soon enough!

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Samurai: Good luck dude, you know you got a shitload of support behind you with the team and all.

Lee: Change your avatar, no one wants to see your undies (that goes for james too!)

Pemdas: You laugh too loud.

The V-Diet is nuts, but as I’ve said to ya before man, if anyone I know can do it; you can. Do it up, then you and I will be in the same weight class again! I plan to stick around 180 till April. Then slowly step it up until I’m at the top of the 198 weight class again. (with low BF as well)[/quote]

Don’t worry, you can use my real name (James) especially if you know me! I’m thinking of modeling all my underwear just for you now, granted its all exactly the same…

and I strongly suggest you look at Defranco’s west side for skinny bastards (if you have not already) it did wonders for me last year, give it a try!

[quote]Zagman wrote:

Are you guys hosting any more powerlifting meets this year?[/quote]

I did calculations of my own this morning when I thought about this more. That 170 is if there is NO fat whatsoever, aka dead. So i calculated based on post poo morning weigh in today of 201. At 8% fat I’d be 185.06 (assuming I am 15% or 16% now), so that is kinda my goal if i had to nail it down. less than 8 would be cool, but i wont get bent out of shape over it.