Biotest

Salt, Sodium and the V-Diet

I just started the V-Diet yesterday and I was curious about salt on the V-Diet.

I feel like I’m not getting enough. Should I just down a teaspoon of Johnny’s Seasoning or what?

Really, no thoughts?

~unscrews the lid of some delicious Johnny’s Seasoning Salt~

Put a healthy pinch of celtic sea salt in your 1 litre water bottle every time you fill it up during the day and you should be fine.

Why dont you feel like your getting enough salt? Just from the actual number, a health reason, some other indication? Reason I am asking is many people do the diet, along with the short (but hard) workouts and NEPA…no issues its enough to get by short term. If anything I used zero/low calorie electrolyte drink for the VBurn but I really went hard at it.

[quote]steveny168 wrote:
Why dont you feel like your getting enough salt? Just from the actual number, a health reason, some other indication? Reason I am asking is many people do the diet, along with the short (but hard) workouts and NEPA…no issues its enough to get by short term. If anything I used zero/low calorie electrolyte drink for the VBurn but I really went hard at it.[/quote]

Because my body is going crazy with salt cravings. I already eat a very low sodium diet, but being on day 5 now, by the end of the day I am really feeling salt depleted. I’ve taken to keeping a bit of salt on a plate next to my work area and take a taste here and there throughout the day and that seems to be handling it. No bloat and I feel better so it’s a win-win.

I did the V-Diet last year, and I had the same issue. For me, I believe it’s because the V-Diet is so “sweet” (between drinking Metabolic Drive and Surge all day)and by the end of the day I was wanting to kill the sweetness factor by having some salt, “cleansing” the palate, so to speak.

One thing I did was to “savor” that serving of peanut butter at the end of the day. Eating it slowly and separate from the shake helped, as the peanut butter tasted a little salty.

[quote]sydnisd183 wrote:
I did the V-Diet last year, and I had the same issue. For me, I believe it’s because the V-Diet is so “sweet” (between drinking Metabolic Drive and Surge all day)and by the end of the day I was wanting to kill the sweetness factor by having some salt, “cleansing” the palate, so to speak.

One thing I did was to “savor” that serving of peanut butter at the end of the day. Eating it slowly and separate from the shake helped, as the peanut butter tasted a little salty.

[/quote]

I tried that at first too, thinking that was it. I still savor the peanut butter just for the sake of savoring some sort of solid food, but I have to get some salt in or I just feel like crap.

Actually on the peanut butter note, I had to switch to almond or sunflower nut butter because the peanut butter was making me uncomfortably gassy. Oy!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.