Biotest

Run Fat Boy, Run... my V-Diet Log

I resisted posting a log as I am a pretty private person, and frankly I am embarrased at how far out of shape I allowed myself to get. You’ll see what I mean when I post my measurements later. Anyway, I figure this could very well help me stay on track to completing my transformation. Plus it might help someone else who is in a similar situation to me. I know reading other people’s logs has helped me.

I am in the middle of my second day, and it really isn’t THAT bad. I’ve felt a little nauseated a couple of times, and I’ve had a hard time focusing, but I assume my body will adapt. I can tell the hardest part will be the cravings. My weight is currently 274 lb, which is above the listed maximum for the V-Diet, so I’m just doing the 265 lb plan.

Anyway, wish me luck! And if anyone has any advice, I’d appreciate it. I have a long way to go in terms of losing weight.

Good luck brother, I started at 270 myself with normal dieting back in the spring.

Thanks!

I promised my pathetic measurements… painful.

height - 6’
weight - 274 lb
neck 17.5â??
shoulders 57â??
Chest â?? upper 46.5â??
Chest â?? lower 49â??
Waist â?? Navel 50.75â??
Waist â?? at largest 51â??
Hips â?? at largest 49â??
upper arm â?? L 17â??
upper Arm â?? R 17â??
Upper leg â?? L 29.25â??
Upper Leg â?? R 29.5â??
Lower Leg â?? L 18.5â??
Lower Leg â?? R 17.25â??
Ankle â?? L 9â??
Ankle â?? R 9â??

Spent most of day 2 with mild nausea, and day 3 is starting similarly. I haven’t been able to drink my post workout Surge Recovery shake due to nausea… don’t want to throw it up. Maybe it’s the HOT-ROX… not sure. Anyway, I’ll just suck it up and hope not to vomit. Wish me luck!

Try not to focus on how far you need to go with future weightloss, just focus on the here and now. The fact is you’ve decided to do the V-Diet, so that is your focus for the coming weeks.

It’s not easy but definitely doable. Just focus on getting the shakes down quickly. I know Surge isn’t wonderful so try adding a little extra water if the taste is too strong.

good luck!

My nausea has gotten much better today. First 2 days SUCKED. Hope it gets better for you. Hang in there.

Feeling ok on day number 4… caught a cold yesterday, which sucks, but at least it isn’t the flu! I should hopefully be fine by my workout tomorrow morning.

Nausea is better so far. Not looking forward to the challenge on Saturday.

[quote]eeerie1 wrote:
Feeling ok on day number 4… caught a cold yesterday, which sucks, but at least it isn’t the flu! I should hopefully be fine by my workout tomorrow morning.

Nausea is better so far. Not looking forward to the challenge on Saturday. [/quote]

Sucks about the cold. Hope you feel better. I’m having problems with the Surge too but adding double the water definitely helps cut down the sicky sweet taste, and chasing it with water too lol The weekend challenge is actually pretty cool. I’ve been doing it for a couple months now and I really like it. I like to time myself because it keeps me pumped. Keep chuggin and good luck!

Well, the nausea is a little better, but my stomach is a wreck! I hope this subsides soon. I’ve started taking the HOT-ROX WITH my shake and cut down on a couple of the Fiber Choice tablets… hopefully this helps the stomach issues.

I can see this becoming more of a mental challenge just getting the shakes down. They’re not terrible, but you start to get sick of them real quick.

Anyway, workout number three today… can’t wait!

Day number 6 today… Nausea is mostly gone, but my stomach has been totally screwed for two days straight. As a result, I’ve made the following changes:
-taking HOT-ROX with my shakes
-adding extra water to the shakes
-cutting back on some of the Fiber Choice tablets

Haven’t seen too much of a change yet, but I’m holding out hope. I won’t be able to do three more weeks if my stomach stays this way. If anyone else has experienced this and has some advice, I’d appreciate it.

On the positive side, I’ve lost 4 pounds as of this morning, and the workouts feel great! Since I hadn’t really been weight training lately, I was really slow/cautious with the weight, but I’ve been increasing the weight/intensity each workout. Doing my challenge in a little while, and I’m sure it will kick my ass. Oh, and my HSM is today… SOOOO looking forward to that!

I don’t know what to suggest exactly, but 4 pounds in a week would be enough to keep me going.

Also, maybe try elimiting the Fiber tablets completely for a few days to see if that helps. We haven’t taken one yet and are finding everything follows just fine.

I love HSM day…excited about ours as well.

Believe me, 4 pounds is great! I don’t take that for granted, but I’ve barely been able to function with my stomach the way it has been. I don’t want to be too explicit on here, but think stomach virus type of stomach problems (without the vomiting). I haven’t quit, and if at all possible I will complete the full 6 weeks.

Well, good news all around. My stomach problems have become much more manageable. I am so happy and relieved about this. Not sure which change did it, but I’m not gonna try and find out. I suspect I was having too much fiber, but I guess I’ll never really know.

The other good news is that the HSM was great! I had rib-eye steak, a spinach, roasted spiced squash, french green lentil and goat cheese salad, a small piece of roasted sweet potato, some guacamole, and a small amount of cantaloupe for desert. DELICIOUS!

And it took me over 40 minutes to eat it, which helped me savor it and recognize when I was satisfied. Anyway, I’m ready to continue this journey!

Hey bro, I am sorry to hear about your stomach issues. Have you posted in the FAQ or Ask Chris section? Are you taking fiber? AND, have you searched around to see if anyone else experienced this, if so what they did to fix it?

And good work bro, keep at it. My nausea subsided eventually too. I found also that taking the HOT-ROX with my shakes, exactly half way through the shake, that really helps me not feel the sides.

I’m starting to see a correlation between the Fiber Choice tabs and the stomach issues… I normally take Citrucel fiber, so I should be used to this. Oh well, at least I know now.

Day 8, and still going. Did my V-burn last night, and it was a big mistake. I should’ve done it in the morning, because I couldn’t sleep till like 4am. Ah well, you live and learn.

As I suspected, the hardest part for me has become just getting the shakes down. Can’t they make a roast chicken flavor? I’ve resorted to chugging and chasing with water.

Is it too early to start looking forward to my HSM?

I too started at 274 lbs on my first go around. Our measurements are eerily similar! Keep the faith, you will do great. I am starting my round 2 today! Good luck!

Nolan