Biotest

RTD Plazma & MAG-10

Just curious how things are progressing with the PLAZMA & MAG-10 RTD offerings. These would be a welcome addition. :slight_smile:

Also, if you are permitted to say, do you notice a difference with them? Possibly more?

Thanks for your time,

-Jed

As of right now (May 7th), RTD or ready-to-drink <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma and <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 bottles are produced only for Biotest staff, our coaches, a handful of professional athletes and bodybuilders, and our guests here at HQ.

However, Tim Patterson could make them available to everyone in the online store. They’re incredibly convenient ; it’s easy to get spoiled with grab-and-go bottles, there’s no powder to mix, and it’s easy to figure out your dosing. (Especially nice for Pulse Fast/Feast style plans.)

As for effectiveness, the RTDs work just like the powders.

Of course, we also have to evaluate customer interest level for RTDs.

I’d certainly be interested in seeing how these would be priced out if/when released. I will say ever since you made mention of these RTD’s i can’t help but be reminded of you saying that with most RTD products the protein has to be cooked and ultimately denaturing the protein.

I’m guessing with MAG-10/Plazma things are different as they can be made 24hrs in advance and even stored longer. Plus its not really the same kind of protein drink(that’s an understatement i know as with most Biotest products.)

But maybe you could answer what the shelf life is on the MAG-10/Plazma RTD’s, i’m guessing its a fairly short shelf life. I do still love that Tim is constantly evolving the company and its products to make things better and easier on us. I’ll definitely be staying tuned in the meantime on this.

I myself would love to have a stash of MAG-10 AND Plazma RTDs every month for convenience sake. Still going to use the powdered versions, but the convenience for me will more than make up for the price.

I’m just curious about what type of preservative (if any) would be in them to prolong the shelf-life.

Eazy: With our RTDs there’s no “cooking” of the drink as with some RTD protein shakes on the market.

I would definitely pay extra for some MAG-10 RTD’s to substitute the little Nalgene bottle every now and then. Would be great on the go as well, especially with nice weather coming here.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
I myself would love to have a stash of MAG-10 AND Plazma RTDs every month for convenience sake. Still going to use the powdered versions, but the convenience for me will more than make up for the price.

I’m just curious about what type of preservative (if any) would be in them to prolong the shelf-life. [/quote]
I agree 100% with buffd on this.Will never stop the powered versions but the RTDs would fit in nicely with them.And I would happily pay for the convenience.On a different note i’m really looking foreword to eating me some Metabolic Drive bars Chris.Hint,Hint.

Sign me up as well for a few of these! There would be plenty of time when RTD’s would be great. I think about about a few of my long distance races and maybe I want to plan to have a couple extra PLAZMA waiting in my drop bag…just in case.

Most likely I’d stick to the powdered version bc of costs but I like the idea of having a case on hand for convenience purposes. As long as they don’t expire quickly.

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
Most likely I’d stick to the powdered version bc of costs but I like the idea of having a case on hand for convenience purposes. As long as they don’t expire quickly. [/quote]

+1

Awesome. I would definitely invest in these. Convenience and because I travel a lot they would be great to bring with me.

So yes if possible. And thank you Chris.

Thought I was posting to a different thread that I started - sorry if I caused any confusion here