Biotest

Round 2: Samdan Wants Another!

Well, I’m about 1.5 months out from my first V-Diet, and I’ve almost perfectly stayed at the same weight minus some some water weight. Let’s see if I can’t do the same thing all over again, eh? I’ve got a cruise coming up towards the end of July (17-24) and even though I’ve got a girlfriend coming with me, it’d still be nice to try to turn a few heads, fuel a few late-night cougar fantasies, etc.

And with that in mind, I begin the plunge into another V-Diet. I slipped once or twice on the last attempt, but now that I have cougars to please I’ll be locking my shit down like something… secure… thing… My school schedule ended up throwing a lot of consistency out the window, but now that it’s the summer I only have to deal with changing cities once during the diet.

If you want to read through my last diet, you can check my log out here: http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/a_vdiet_fit_for_a_master

For a quicker read, here’s my final numbers and changes:

Measure…Final…Cumulative
Weight…223…-16
Neck…16…0
Shoulders…46…-1
Chest - Upper…41.5…-3
Chest - Lower…39…-3
Waist - at Navel…39.5…-5
Waist - at largest…40…-5
Hips - at largest…42.5…-3.5
Upper Arm - L…12.5…-1
Upper Arm - R…12.5…-1
Upper Leg - L…22.5…-3
Upper Leg - R…22.5…-3.25
Lower Leg - L…15.5…-1
Lower Leg - R…15.5…-1
Ankle - L…10.5…0
Ankle - R…10.5…0
Pounds Lost…-16
Inches Lost…-30.75

So without further ado, I drink my first shake, pop my first pills, and away we go again! I’ll post up my current numbers later today. I didn’t bring my flexible measure tape with me when I came home, so I need to get a new one.

Jesus christ, I never realized how randomly busy you could be without ANYTHING on your schedule in advance. My new computer arrived on Tuesday and I spent the entire day after that setting it up and getting my programs on it, transferring files when I could, etc. Wednesday, I had to open it up and connect my old computers’ hard drives to the new computer one by one to get the rest of my essential files transferred (the old computer had a catastrophic short circuit, so no time to make a backup). Oh, and my friend who had moved away and I hadn’t planned on seeing all summer came back down for two days and I couldn’t just leave him all alone now could I?

Finally had some time to sit down today and just sorta write down everything that’s been happening.

Diet-wise, I’m doing fine. The first two days were, well, the first two days, and now I’m back in my V-Diet groove. Two things that are helping out that I didn’t have last time I did this are Capella Flavor Drops and the Fiber Choice tablets.

The flavor drops go a long way towards keeping the shakes from being too similar, so I’m not falling into the slump that I fell into last time. The fiber tablets give me that nice crunch of solid food that psychologically helps.

My workout schedule got a little weird this week, but I got in yesterday, and will do W/F/Sun this week and T/R/Sat next week and the weeks after that. Decided to move to the Intermediate workout over the beginner because I really wanted the Heavy day after being incredibly bored with high-rep workouts from the beginner plan. My workout was:

Front Squat - 135#
5, 5, 4, 4, 2

Lat Pulldown - 125#
5, 5, 5, 3, 2

DB Bench - 90#
5, 5, 4, 3, 3

Ab Wheel
6, 5, 4, 3, 2

The day after, I got that feeling in my quads that I hadn’t felt for a long time and didn’t even realize how much I’d missed it. Graduation and people coming in and out of town, followed by a week straight of a flu that had me dizzy and lightheaded just buying groceries kept me out of the gym for longer than I like.

Also on Tuesday, I got my measurements taken. Where I stand now:

Measure…Start
Weight…228
Neck…16
Shoulders…46
Chest - Upper…42
Chest - Lower…38.5
Waist - at Navel…40
Waist - at largest…41
Hips - at largest…43.5
Upper Arm - L…12.5
Upper Arm - R…12.5
Upper Leg - L…23.5
Upper Leg - R…23.5
Lower Leg - L…16
Lower Leg - R…16
Ankle - L…10.5
Ankle - R…10.5

I gained a few inches here and there, but I feel like I can chalk part of it, and the 5# gain since the last diet, up to the water weight that doesn’t exist while on the VDiet.

In other news, because of an Opera appointment, I’m moving up my HSM by 2 days so that I can have a nice meal before the Opera. My friend has been telling me about this restaurant for a long time, and it would be a little rude to say “Okay, I’ll go but I won’t be eating anything”. I’ve done the shake while others eat at a restaurant before, but this is a different situation. I’ll wait until next sunday for the 2nd meal, and I’m already planning the grilled salmon I’m going to make.

Well, I’ll be back tomorrow to update you guys on anything that’s coming to my mind. Everything is normalized at this point, happily.

WOOO! FLYING HIGH BABY! Got my andro, my duro, and my other roids and I’m ready to go fuckin’ Hulk Hogan Thunderlips on somebody’s ass! In the real world, however, things are quite boring aside from the Penguins winning the cup. Good thing I got the hell out of downtown Pittsburgh before the 3rd period.

In other news, if you ever get the chance to see Mahler’s 2nd Symphony “Resurrection” played live take the opportunity. It is a beautiful piece that is rarely played live because it’s an 85-minute piece which prevents any other piece being played with it in a sane time-frame. Also, it generally requires a larger choral and instrumental section than most places keep on hand, so it has to be planned out far enough in advance to make most people not want to play it.

Workout/diet-wise, I’ve been feeling good. The HOT-ROX don’t destroy my GI tract like they do when I haven’t been taking them, and when I shake my shakes near a mirror, I feel like I’m seeing more shoulder muscle under the flab than I used to. My last two workouts were:

Reverse Lunge - 110#
8, 8, 6, 6, 6, 4, 2

Bent-over BB Row - 95#
9, 8, 7, 5, 5, 3, 3

BB Push Press - 95#
8, 7, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2

BB Curl - ~70#
9, 4, 6, 6, 5, 4, 3, 4

Reverse Crunch, Slant Board
10, 10, 10, 10

On the curls, I literally felt like my whole body just gave out on the second set, which sucked but at least gave me a good indication that I put at least a near-max effort into my workout. Did the lunges with a barbell, I think I’ll change to DB’s next time.

Today’s workout:

Deadlift - 165#
9, 8, 7, 6, 4, 4, 2

Decline DB Press - 35# each
8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Lat Pulldown - 100#
8, 8, 6, 6, 6, 6

Hand Walkout, Knees
20, 10, 10

My grip was the sticking point in this workout. If not for grip problems, I probably could have done more deads per set towards the end. One of my last sets I barely kept myself from dropping the bar from the fully extended position. This ended up carrying over to the lat pulldowns, because I had to end sets when my grip started failing. It might seem like I picked a too-light weight for the decline presses, but I was killing myself on the last two sets as much as possible without cheating. All in all, I feel good about my workouts. How good I feel overall will come out tomorrow when I weigh and measure myself.

Before going to Mahler’s Symphony, I had dinner with some friends at an Indian place, and it was delicious. Lean Beef curry, chicken curry, and some baked chicken which we all shared was great, along with some whole-wheat bread to soak it all up.

So I’m practically 7 days down at this point, and ready to take on the other 21. With a little luck, I can meet my goal of 205# on my last weigh in.

Man, I should update this thing more often…

Life is pretty good. I upped my HOT-ROX to 4 per day, and my body is still adjusting to it with all the subtlety of a freight train in my stomach. Unfortunately I just couldn’t get a VBurn in this week because of my workout schedule being messed up last week. I only had 1 day of rest between workouts over the weekend, and my back and glutes sent me a clear message that in this case rest would do me better than a VBurn in the long run.

Monday was my weigh/measure-in and here’s what happened over the last week:

Measure…Change
Weight…-5
Chest - Upper…-1
Chest - Lower…-0.5
Waist - at Navel…-1.5
Waist - at largest…-2
Hips - at largest…-1.5
Upper Leg - L…-0.5
Upper Leg - R…-0.5
Lower Leg - L…-0.5
Lower Leg - R…-0.5

I lost a total of about 8.5 inches and 5#, which isn’t as groundbreaking as my first week last time around (6#, 18.5"), but then again, I’m almost 34" smaller than I was 3 months ago, so I really can’t bitch that much. The name of the game over the summer will just be extra-clean eatting and going as intense as possible in the gym after the diet is over. 205, or even 200 just to be even, is still my ultimate goal by July 17, and I’ve still got a month and 2.5 weeks of V-Diet to meet that.

If the small changes I think I’ve been noticing are real, then I’ve also gained some noticeable muscle definition. Then again, seeing yourself in the mirror 2-3 times a day everyday, you’ll never really know what you’re actually seeing. I like the Intermediate program a lot more than the beginner program, and I think I might just make a few changes to the workout after the VDiet, just to make it a little more of a summer diet and to cater to my better assets (ie HUGE quads).

My workout yesterday went pretty well, here’s the breakdown:

Front Squat - 145#
5, 5, 4, 4, 2

Lat Pulldown - 125#
5, 5, 4, 4, 2

DB Bench - 45# each
5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2

Ab Wheel
7, 7, 6

I’ve decided that for my next HSM, I’m gonna toss a big ass Salmon fillet on the grill and throw in some grilling wood I have for some special goodness. I’ll be back in Delaware for the last 2 weeks of my diet, and my girlfriend is coming back from 2 weeks in Europe on Sunday so I can get some much-needed conjugal time.

I’ve officially passed the hard part of the diet, in my mind, and now I just need to keep going.