Workout 1 went well this morning. I’m an early morning person. Get up at 4:00 a.m. and train some time in the 5:00-7:00 window. I’ve got what I call my “get vertical” routine to wake-up and warm-up.
1-2 cups coffee – a little email – a little FB – a little T-Nation & V-Life
Short brisk walk – this morning a 12 minute 3/4 mile walk
10 jumping jacks / 10 prisoner squats / 10 seal jumps / 10 arm-shoulder pumps
Lift warmups – 20 tricep extensions with 25# plate – 10 bent-over rows @ 135#
Will plan on something like this every morning
Bent over BB row: 185# 5/5/5/5 – very dynamic – last set slowing
Overhead squat: 45# bar 5/5/5/5 – a little shallow on depth – work on form & depth
Dips: BW 5/5/5/3/2 – 1st 3 sets solid and dynamic – ran out of gas on last 2 sets
Ab-wheel: 5/5/5/5 – 1st set tight – 2nd good – 3 & 4 shallow depth
Time to complete 19 minutes – good for 30 sec between sets, but about 1 minute between exercises. Very taxing workout.
Had to add a little – Facepulls: 60# 15/15/15 – nice rear shoulder/upper back pump
7 minute cool down walk
Supplement plan. Most of these are routine for many years:
Immediately upon waking:
- Herbal prostate health – zinc/selenium/saw palmetto/pumpkin seed extract/lycopene – haven’t seen real evidence that these are preventative, but there appear to be some reliable studies that they work on active prostate issues – I haven’t had any signs of problems, but willing to bet on some preventative benefit.
- Antioxidant – grape seed-skin extract/bio flavonoids – convinced this has major cardiovascular benefits
- Rez-V estrogen blocker – have used periodically in the past – adding during v-diet
With my “get-vertical” coffee:
4) HOT-ROX – have used periodically in the past – no problems with coffee in the morning – can feel the thermo-genic effect – however, can’t handle a second one later in the day, stomach upset and jittery
Peri-Post Workout Drink – start 10-15 minutes before workout session:
5) Surge (per V-diet) – have used in the past – not crazy about the taste, it’s too sweet. Would like to see them make a more neutral flavor – why the sucrolose with the dextrose/malto? In the past I made my own with Biotest Whey and a whey protein isolate plus dextrose/malto. I add a pinch of salt to cut the sweetness a little.
6) Creatine – big believer – usually 10g/day
Post workout and daily on off days:
7) Vitamin C – 1500mg
9) Calcium – 600mg
10) Vitamin D – 4000IU
11) Slo Niacin – 500mg – w/breakfast – took a while to assimilate to – can cause strong facial, neck, shoulder flushing similar to an allergic reaction – lasts 10-30 minutes about 1 to 2 hours after taking – started with 250mg and worked up – Doc recommended to aid one of the good cholesterols that was a little low in my blood work
With Protein shakes per V-diet protocol:
12) Flameout – have used this and other fish-oils various times in the past – does seem to help long-term inflamation if consistent with use
13) ZMA – need to stagger with evening Metabolic Drive shakes due to Zinc/Calcium absorption conflicts, but a big believer – sorry ladies throwing in some “man-talk” here, but you want your man to use this – when taken religously I see major erection improvement – that gets very important at 50-plus – pre-sleep Metabolic Drive helps in this area also. “I was good once…but, I’m as good once as I ever was…”
Got the evening walk planned with the wife. She has been wanting me to get her out walking for months. I already park in the back of the lot for some routine NEPA.
Well, onto the diet and getting ready for shake 1 today. See y’all in the days-weeks to come.