Biotest

Rise and Shine Trainers (Morning Workouts)

For those of us who wake up, down some peri and then head straight to train, when should Micro-PA be taken (given the recommendation is 1 hour before)?

[quote]tsantos wrote:
For those of us who wake up, down some peri and then head straight to train, when should Micro-PA be taken (given the recommendation is 1 hour before)?[/quote]

I’m an early trainer, I often train at 6 or 7am. But when I do, I make the effort of waking up at 4:30 or 5:00. First because of the peri-workout supplements timing but also because the nervous system needs some some to be fully functional. If you wake up and head straight to the gym your performance isn’t likely to be optimal.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]tsantos wrote:
For those of us who wake up, down some peri and then head straight to train, when should Micro-PA be taken (given the recommendation is 1 hour before)?[/quote]

I’m an early trainer, I often train at 6 or 7am. But when I do, I make the effort of waking up at 4:30 or 5:00. First because of the peri-workout supplements timing but also because the nervous system needs some some to be fully functional. If you wake up and head straight to the gym your performance isn’t likely to be optimal.[/quote]

for those of where waking earlier isn’t really an option, is it a waste of time to take it? For example, I wake up at 4:25, to be at the gym by 5am. I can take it right at 4:25 when I wake up taken with indigo as well, but within 20 minutes of that I’m also slamming a finibar and my first serving of Plazma. Thoughts?

Considering that Micro-PA causes a “substantial increase” in PA levels within 30 minutes of consumption, I’d say you’ll be just fine.

Crowbar

[quote]jewishthunder wrote:

[quote]tsantos wrote:

I’m an early trainer, I often train at 6 or 7am. But when I do, I make the effort of waking up at 4:30 or 5:00. First because of the peri-workout supplements timing but also because the nervous system needs some some to be fully functional. If you wake up and head straight to the gym your performance isn’t likely to be optimal.[/quote]

for those of where waking earlier isn’t really an option, is it a waste of time to take it? For example, I wake up at 4:25, to be at the gym by 5am. I can take it right at 4:25 when I wake up taken with indigo as well, but within 20 minutes of that I’m also slamming a finibar and my first serving of Plazma. Thoughts? [/quote]

How do you “turn on” your nervous system ?

Seems to take me ages to fully be able to attack weights. Generally when I start yawning in the gym (ha); I know I’m getting there. I take CT’s advice of spreading my max attempt at least 10-12 sets away - even if I leave late in evening, I still don’t feel “awake” so to speak… but once it’s “on” I can literally attack the weight.

Tried the Spike tablets; and they have energy effect; brain candy didn’t really do much for me.

So I’m all ears; as I’d really like morning workouts - would be better.

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

[quote]jewishthunder wrote:

[quote]tsantos wrote:

for those of where waking earlier isn’t really an option, is it a waste of time to take it? For example, I wake up at 4:25, to be at the gym by 5am. I can take it right at 4:25 when I wake up taken with indigo as well, but within 20 minutes of that I’m also slamming a finibar and my first serving of Plazma. Thoughts? [/quote]

How do you “turn on” your nervous system ?

Seems to take me ages to fully be able to attack weights. Generally when I start yawning in the gym (ha); I know I’m getting there. I take CT’s advice of spreading my max attempt at least 10-12 sets away - even if I leave late in evening, I still don’t feel “awake” so to speak… but once it’s “on” I can literally attack the weight.

Tried the Spike tablets; and they have energy effect; brain candy didn’t really do much for me.

So I’m all ears; as I’d really like morning workouts - would be better.[/quote]

I’m sure you’re asking thibs not me, but why not. I usually have some sort of caffeine ( I rotate ) brain candy, spike, caffeine pills, coffee, something right when I get up. Then from there I usually blast music in my drive to the gym. Then I do activation stuff mixed with warm up things. I’ll do hang snatches with the bar, then band pull aparts, and cycle those until I feel some sort of level of alert.