Biotest

Ricky Awesome's V-Diet Log

Hello Everyone :wink:

I’ve ordered my supplies and I’m waiting impatiently for them to arrive. I’ll be posting pics and numbers the day I start and thank you in advance for all your support.

If you’re wondering about what shape I’m in now, here’s some of the stats… 28 years old, 5’9", the tanita scale measures me at 277 lbs and 37.1% bodyfat and 166 lbs lean muscle. I’ve been working out for over 10 years and I’m the sterotypical guy with lots of muscle under lots of fat.

After reading a lot of these threads I feel inspired and prepared for the V-Diet!

Welcome Ricky! Tanita body fat scales lie. When I was down to 15%, it would show me as high as 37%. It’s best to get some good calipers and have a girlfriend or wife measure you. If you can’t do that, ask a trainer at a local gym to do it.

#1 on Amazon’s Best Sellers list: “Lies and Deceit” by Tanita Scales.

Thanks for the heads up Draco, I’ll take your advice and get a trainer to measure me up. Greetings from Philly!

Heh, I just went back and re-read what I wrote. Of course, I didn’t mean to imply that you had multiple wives and/or girlfriends . . . but you know what I meant. Ha!

If you’re not really concerned with the numbers, as long as you’re properly hydrated (as water consumption can cause drastically different readings with a bio-electric impedance system like the Tanita scales), if your number is always going down, it means you’re progressing!

d[quote]RhunDraco wrote:
Heh, I just went back and re-read what I wrote. Of course, I didn’t mean to imply that you had multiple wives and/or girlfriends . . . but you know what I meant. Ha!
[/quote]

Draco–you say that like it’s a bad thing!

Ricky Awesome: WELCOME! You can do anything you set your mind to, so just friggin’ DO IT!

HAHAA no worries Draco!

I did take your advice and got measured at my gym, except the knuckleheads there didn’t have calipers. They used an Omron body fat analyzer which reported my body fat at a much lower 29.7%. (phew)

277x.297=82.2(lbs of fat)

277-82.2=194.8 (lean muscle and bone and other awesome stuff)

right?

anyway, quick question. i dont have to do the V-Diet workout right? I’ve been doing HIIT for the last month and i love it.

Thanks Kristen! I’m looking out the window for the UPS guy. I’m super excited!!

RA…good luck and welcome aboard. You mentioned the workouts. You won’t want to do HIIT. They will be too intensive of cardio for this program. I “felt like” doing some HIIT sprints one day and did them and then could barely function for a couple days, very, very weak legs. I have done them before, so I was not a novice, but never been so zapped. Stick with weights and NEPA walks. It works.

Tanita scales…not sure which ones you have, but if you use them at the same time in the same settings, they should be showing changes. I step on mine Monday night at 7:30, after my walk and before my shower. Odd? Maybe so, but to get the readings to be “right” I tried to be as consistent as I could be.

This is a great forum and a great change of life. Not just a fat stripping diet, although it does that pretty well!!
We’ll be watching and prodding you along.

Thanks for the info Goat. I’ve not been doing the HIIT cardio but i have been doing the HIIT weight training. I was thinking of going with a 5 days on 2 days off routine. 4 exercises per body part, 2 sets to complete failure. Something about taking a muscle to failure that really makes me feel both sadistic and accomplished at the same time. I guess it’s knowing I did all i possibly could. A true 100%.

Where is this UPS guy? Tommorow I guess… I might have to call Biotest.

Hey Ricky,

Good luck on your adventure, just keep motivated, and you will do fine.

As far as the HIIT, you might want to wait to evaluate your strength after the first week of doing the V-Diet workouts to see how your body reacts to the change in nutrition. HIIT might be too aggressive, but thats my personal opinion.

I thought the V-Diet workouts looked weak at first, but they all kicked my ass and now I think they are really good workouts and fit this diet well.

Thanks Surf!

I’m stoked to get started and I have no doubt I’ll be able finish. I’m just so antsy to get my goods! haha!

I just got an e-mail stating my bounty will arrive on the 5th soooo I guess I’ll post my before pix then.

I’ve decided on trying the Waterbury workouts this week to see how “tough” they are. Monday’s Advanced was pretty tame even after I cut out some rest periods. Wednesdays’ looks rougher and to be honest the side planks effed me up. (I never do em)

Another 2 questions for you guys… Whats the set up for your shakes and does surge count as a shake? I’m a morning workout guy so i can get my first shake in as early as 7 or 8 a.m. I was thinking something like this:

5am HOT-ROX then workout
8am post workout Surge and 2 Flameout
11am Metabolic Drive shake with flax
1pm HOT-ROX
2pm Metabolic Drive shake
5pm Metabolic Drive shake with flax
9pm Metabolic Drive shake
10pm before bedtime ZMA and multivitamin

Thoughts?

Keep your Surge and Flameout separate from one another so that the fat from the Flameout doesn’t interfere with the Surge. I take my Flameout at 10 am and 10 pm, but I don’t usually work out until 6 or 7pm…

Side planks suck ass…too bad they work.

Got it Kristen! Thanks for the heads up :wink:

Make sure to not take Flameout first thing in the morning, also, as you don’t want your body to use it as fuel. Also, are you only taking 2 of them per day? That’s only a half-serving . . .

I take 6 myself, 3 at different times, to help fight inflammation and to get the additional boost of goodness.

[quote]RhunDraco wrote:
Make sure to not take Flameout first thing in the morning, also, as you don’t want your body to use it as fuel. Also, are you only taking 2 of them per day? That’s only a half-serving . . .

I take 6 myself, 3 at different times, to help fight inflammation and to get the additional boost of goodness.[/quote]

Ah yes… i made a mistake and only listed 1/2 a serving… adding another dose at 9pm.

Fed-Ex will be here tomorrow with my bounty and new body in bottles :wink:

OH YEA!!! The goods are here!

Should I start tomorrow morning or Sunday morning to make it even weeks?

Why wait?

ricky,

Sorry I haven’t stopped by sooner. You got your goods, now go kick some ass. Personally I would say start on Sunday, but each to his own. I am on my 4th day and so far so good.

Stay strong!

fitnesslady

Thanks for stopping by fitness lady, glad to hear day 4 is good. we’ll get this done! :wink:

I’ve gotta get some before pics so I’ll start Sunday so i can be on a solid week schedule.

Any last thoughts or tips before I buckle down and dig in?

Have your plan written down and refer to it often. For me this week, it seems like it took alot of concentration ot get through this week, planning my meals for the next day, not wanting to forget one shake. In fact I forgot to make my hubby’s sandwich once this week. Opps!

You’ll have to play with your shakes a bit. I alike mine thinner, others like theirs thicker. I have found the peanut butter gives me heartburn, so I will have to find some almond butter.

Well have a good weekend and stick to your plan.

Stay strong!

fitnesslady