Biotest

Rez-V Versus Alpha Male

kawhitmore asks:

Hey guys,

I’m currently taking Flameout, ZMA, and Rez-V. What about Alpha Male? It appears Rez-V and Alpha Male offer the same benefits, in fact it seems Rez-V offers even more.

I’d appreciate your insight on the difference between AM and Rez-V and make a case why I should buy both. Should they be taken together, or cycled?

Thanks.

Keith

Kawhitmore,

Both <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/rez-v"target=“new”>Rez-V and <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/alpha-male"target=“new”>Alpha Male boost testosterone levels, but use different mechanisms of action.

Rez-V (resveratrol) is primarily an anti-estrogen, acting as an estrogen antagonist while also acting as an agonist in some tissues, similar to the drugs clomiphene and tamoxifen. Rez-V also acts as an aromatase inhibitor. That means that it stops the body from “eating up” your natural testosterone. Likewise, it keeps environmental estrogens – xenoestrogens, found everywhere these days, from plastics to drinking water – from artificially lowering your natural T levels and making you want to buy purple skinny jeans. (There’s no study on that second part, but we have a theory…)

In short, it keeps you from producing too much estrogen, which keeps your testosterone levels optimized and protected. As a bonus, Rez-V is a potent health and longevity supplement with anti-cancer and cardiovascular benefits. Many take it daily for these health benefits alone. It doesn’t need to be cycled.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/alpha-male"target=“new”>Alpha Male is a dedicated testosterone booster. It contains multiple ingredients proven to increase testosterone levels. (The store page goes over each of these.) A couple of these also prevent any problems associated with excess estrogen. Alpha Male does need to be cycled.

So Alpha Male is our most powerful testosterone booster. That’s its main purpose and our “heavy hitter” in that regard. Rez-V can optimize testosterone levels by controlling estrogen and blocking environmental estrogens, plus it has several bonus health benefits. You can use both at the same time or you could could use Rez-V between Alpha Male cycles to make sure you’re always topped off with T.

Hope that helps.

I recently ordered both Alpha Male and Rez-V. I plan on starting them both next week after I get some lab work done (Total and free T, Estradiol, LH, FSH, TSH, etc.) It’ll be interesting to see how these labs are affected after taking both supplements.

Let us know what the bloodwork shows after using these supplements.

Do you go to your local doctor for blood work like that? Or are there places where you can just go in and have them done?

[quote]kawhitmore wrote:
Do you go to your local doctor for blood work like that? Or are there places where you can just go in and have them done?[/quote]

Where I live, you can ask your doctor to order the tests for you and get them done at any lab. From what I’ve read on this forum, you can do the same in the US. After all, it’s only information. It’s not like you’re asking him to prescribe medication.

Many tests can be ordered through lef.org as well, and there are other online sources as well. So it doesn’t even necessarily take a trip or telephone call to the doctor.

In some instances, it may be possible to walk in to a testing facility and simply ask for a test in person, but for example at Labcorp that is not possible, and I think not at Quest either.

Labcorp and Quest were the two places closest to me that came to mind. I’ll check out lef.org. Thanks.

Looks like you can order one from this place and they’ll send you to Labcorp to actually have the sample taken.

https://www.directlabs.com/Default.aspx?&catid=90&language=en-US&tabid=55

Any idea how to read the results once you get them?

If you post your results I’ll be glad to interpret them for you.

I’m planning on purchasing and giving it a try, (orginally was considering Univ. M-Stak). Just called the Dr. to see if I can get these tests done also. How soon after starting on Alpha should i re-test to see results???

I’m going to go on a limb here, please dont flame me for this, I have been hooked to tnation for a while now but have never tried any supps. For some reason I’ve though that better known companies would offer better products, though not in all cases. Why are these products better, why not market more???

And finally, what would be good products to start with aside from the alpha…(prices are pretty expensive)

BoricuaProphet,

If you’re not already taking care of workout nutrition, that’s always a good place to start. We offer several peri-workout nutrition supplements, with our most advanced formula being <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma.

As to why Biotest doesn’t market more, well, we don’t have to. We’d rather invest in product quality, research and development, and customer service than buying ads in magazines. Companies who do a lot of advertising and sell mainly in brick and mortar stores often have to lower the quality of their supplements to turn a profit. We’d rather keep quality high and let the results from our supplements speak for themselves.

I read the cycling instructions for Alpha Male, but do I cycle of after the bottle is done or can I follow up for a few cycles???

You can follow up for a few cycles. The simplest cycling plan is probably Example B on the label: basically it’s weekdays on, weekend off.