Chest (lower) - 40"
Waist (navel/largest) - 36.5"
Hips - 37"
Arms (L)-14" ®-14"
Legs (L)-24" ®-25"
Calf (L)-16.5" ®-16.5"
Ankle (L)-8.5" ®-8.5"
Calipers - 11mm

Greetings everyone! I see all are kicking butt and taking names. Well I hope I can do the same. Little about myself, I’m 31 yrs young and live in Houston, Texas. I stay pretty active working with kids at a boxing gym. I don’t lift weights very often anymore. I stick more to body weight exercise.

I’m pretty good at losing weight. My only problem is cravings. The older I get, the harder it is to stay on track. Recently, I went on a cruise with a group of friends. I thought I looked decent in the mirror until I saw the pics from the trip. Help! I need my Six Pack back!

I look forward to participating as much as I can. If there is anything I can help any of you with, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Welcome aboard. Those surprise pics can be quite a wake-up call, huh?

Now, you are planning on weight training during the V-Diet, correct?

Welcome to hell…just kiddin’

This isn’t too hard. You will get some cravings in the beginning and they will soon pass and you will get back your abs. Do it big.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Welcome aboard. Those surprise pics can be quite a wake-up call, huh?

Now, you are planning on weight training during the V-Diet, correct?

[/quote]

Chris, I do plan on weight training and see how my muscle mass and weight react. I bulk up really easy when I lift weights. However, my goal is to eventually walk around at 167 lbs. The reason being, I want to fight in Golden Gloves next year at 157 lbs. I can up my cardio and loose those 10 lbs for the tournament pretty easily.

[quote]Icarus wrote:
Welcome to hell…just kiddin’

This isn’t too hard. You will get some cravings in the beginning and they will soon pass and you will get back your abs. Do it big.[/quote]

Thanks for the support. I know the beginning will be the toughest. But all I have to do is look at my trip photos for determination. Looking forward to those abs. Heck, I’m even planning a beach party with all my friends that went on the trip. I need to make their jaws drop…hehehehe

I have all faith that you will find that 6 pack. The cravings are managable if you just get so pumped with your progress rather than focusing on feeling bad. I mean, you feel bad at times when you eat regular food to. And then there are hangovers - won’t be dealing with those!

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
I have all faith that you will find that 6 pack. The cravings are managable if you just get so pumped with your progress rather than focusing on feeling bad. I mean, you feel bad at times when you eat regular food to. And then there are hangovers - won’t be dealing with those![/quote]

Thanks for the support friend. I hate hangovers! Considering I’ve only had about 4 total in my short life. I’ve always like to workout and never really cared much for alcohol. My friends say I’m crazy enough without it.
I saw your progress pics…Absolutely Brilliant! I’m so proud of you and hope to have the same success as you.

Well day 1 is in the books! Busy day so the experiment was pretty easy…hehheehe! I had so much energy today, not sure if it was from the excitement of starting something new. Let’s hope the rest of the days are as easy.

Day 2 was kind of tough! I didn’t have much to do at my shop so I spent the day at home. What a mistake that was. I finally went and picked up my nephew when he got out of school and he kept me busy for a couple of hours. I would of gone to sleep early if it wasn’t for the Rockets game. Glad they won and advance to the next round or else I would have gone to sleep upset…lol

Confused the heck out of my dog during NEPA. She is used to a 3 mile jog or running next to me while I bike. However, she is not your typical female and is happy that I just spent time with her. We went on a one hour walk.

All night long I tossed and turned, dreaming I kept sneeking in little bits of food. In my dreams I kept trying to resist but my hands and mouth were against me. It was crazy how real it felt.
On a positive note, I walked into my bathroom today and saw the scale. I really wanted to stay off of it until I complete 1 week, but I couldn’t resist.

Well, I’m down 4 lbs on my 3rd morning. That made my day.
Guess I’m off to start Day 3. Today should be easy because I’m suppose to stay busy. Let’s hope!

Food dreams on night 3?! Mine didn’t start until day 5! They ARE vivd though, that’s for sure.

Eh, I jump on the scale all the time too. It’s a habit - and not a bad one so long as you’re not the type to gauge your the majority of your progress on it. If it keeps you going in the beginning, so be it.

After one long week, here are my stats. As long as I stay busy, the diet is no problem. It’s those days that I have nothing to do that get really hard.
According to the caliper charts, 3.6 of the 4.2 lbs I lost, were fat.

Height - 5’-8"
Weight - 181.8 lbs [-4.2]
Neck - 15.5" [-.25]
Shoulders - 48" [-1.5]
Chest (upper) - 43" [+1]
Chest (lower) - 42" [+2]
Waist (navel/largest) - 35.5" [-1]
Hips - 36" [-1]
Arms (L)- 15" [+1] ®- 14.75" [+.75]
Legs (L)- 24" [unch] ®- 24.5" [-.5]
Calf (L)- 16.25" [-.25] ®- 16.5" [unch]
Ankle (L)- 8.5" [unch] ®- 8.5" [unch]