Biotest

Results with the Transition Workouts?

I’ve done the V-Diet a few times (Yes, need to get better at long-term changes), but I’ve mostly used the actual workouts themselves vice going to the transition workouts. Has anyone had any success with these workouts vice the regular “in-season” program? I ask because I’d like to extend the diet another 2-3 weeks and want to know if I should move to the transition or simply modify some movements in the regular program and press on that way.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kyle

So no one has done the transitions?

People have had success both ways. Some prefer to use another training plan after the strict phase of the V-Diet, and that’s fine as long as it complements the V-Diet and isn’t incongruent (like doing a plan made for pure strength gains while on a pretty strict fat loss diet.) Have you downloaded the new V-Diet ebook? It sounds like you may be using an older version of the plan since you’re talking about a transition phase.

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

I had thought about using another plan, but I only have 2 weeks before I leave for a business trip that marks the time I had planned on starting a 5/3/1 template. I’m somewhat of uncertain on which program to pick or what type of program other than what’s provided would be congruent with the diet, so I think maybe I’ll either just modify the regular template for 2-3 weeks or go ahead with the transition.

I actually have downloaded the e-book, but I’ll admit I haven’t read through it in a while. It’s a quick read, so maybe I’ll give it another look today.

Any favorite follow-on programs you prefer or have prescribed in the past?

It depends on your continued goals. My idea behind the V-Diet is for it to be a temporary but fast way to drop fat quickly, and that it’ll help get rid of bad food cravings etc. so that leanness is easier to maintain. If the main goal or continued goal is fat loss, then you can stay on the new V-Diet plan for a longer period of time (it contains a solid meal per day.)

But choosing something like 5/3/1 doesn’t work well with a lower calorie diet. One is for those who mainly want to get strong, one is for rapid fat loss. You’re feeding your body one way and training it for something else. That’s what I mean by incongruous. While you certainly don’t have to gain fat to get strong, at least a maintenance diet would be best for a strength-focused training plan.

A follow-up plan would depend on your future goals, and we have a ton for just about any interest. Diet-wise, this article contains some guidelines for long-term eating: https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/simple-diet-for-athletes

For training, if you like the V-Diet style of workouts, look into Chad Waterbury’s archives at T Nation: https://www.t-nation.com/all-articles/authors/chad-waterbury You’ll see a lot of overlap in his training principles for other goals and the plan he helped put together for the V-Diet.

Sounds good, Chris. I took a look at Mr. Waterbury’s training programs in your archive, and I think that I’ll do a 2 week transition (convenient as it puts me right to the time when I travel for business) and then do the Summer Project for the month that I’m on travel. After that, I’ll assess whether I’m ready to switch modes to a 5/3/1 template or perhaps do the indigo Fat loss-Hypertrophy workout.

Thanks for the insight!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.