Biotest

Results or Lack of Results?

Hi Chris,

I’m not sure what’s going on. I’ve just had my first weigh-in after the first week and I’ve only lost 2 pounds. I’ve followed the diet to the T, been getting in 60 minute walks daily, and doing the intermediate training.

I’m wondering if it could possibly have something to do with lack of sleep and/or stress levels. I’m a medical student, so I’ve been waking up at 5:30am to get my walks in, and I had an exam this week. Could this be hindering my progress?

I’m not exactly sure what I am now, but the last time I had my BF taken (Bod-Pod) I was about 19%, so I know I have enough fat to lose. Any help would be appreciated, as I’m losing my motivation with these results.

The scale doesnt always tell the truth. Do you have any before and after picture? or did you take measurements before you started? If you did, how do they compare to now?

Quarky,
Stick with it. I have been at it two weeks and lost 7 the first 4 days and only about 3 since. But my clothes are fitting better, and people are starting to notice that I’m losing weight. It’s not always about the scale. If you only lose 10 lbs in the 28 days that’s probably 10 lbs more than you would have lost and you’ll probably make changes to your lifestyle that will keep the progress moving forward. Stick with it. The second week is easier than the first but you need to stay motivated. I think this diet is more beneficial for the mental changes that can be made than for the physical changes in just 28 days (although the physical changes can be dramatic from what I’ve seen).

I gained 5 lbs

What was your diet like before you started?

Measurements?

Same scale and time of day weighing in?

Same scale, same time of day. Diet before this was clean 85% of the time, save the last weekend which was spent at a conference (alcohol, sporadic eating). I’ve always had a difficult time losing weight and gaining easily.

I really doubt photos week by week will show a dramatic difference. I’ll be taking photos at the end of week 2 and week 4.

Here are the measurements:
DAY 0 DAY 6
Height 5’10’'
Weight 194 192
Neck 15.5 15.25
Shoulders 47.5 48
Chest-upper 40.5 41
Chest-lower 39.5 40
Waist- at navel 37.5 36
Waist- at largest 37.5 36
Hips- at largest 39 39
Upper arm-L 13 13.5
Upper arm-R 13.25 14
Upper leg- L 24.25 25
Upper leg- R 24.25 25
Lower leg- L 14.75 15
Lower leg- R 14.75 15
Ankle- L 8.5 8.75
Ankle- R 8.75 9

You’ll probably see a bigger jump next week. That’s usually what happens if someone has a “slow” week. (And in your case, “slow” = double the normal rate of fat loss, so not exactly a failure!)

Looks like you lost an inch and a half of fat around your belly area. Nothing to sneeze at there!

So, assuming you’re doing everything else right, I bet you see a big jump next week, no worries.