Biotest

Replacing Daily Walks

When I get the chance to walk outside (see DAY 1 of my diet log) I really enjoy it, I use the Audible app on my phone and listen to books. Calms my mind and I’m able to stretch it to 45 mins or so.

Having to walk at the gym on the treadmill, however, is f-ing horrible. There are so many distractions (the gym i go to has t.v.'s on the treadmills that automaticlaly come on when the treadmill starts, the yelling, fat trainer holding a group “bootcamp” class in the middle of the damn freeweight stack, yoga pants, etc.), it seems like I can never get into my books and that nice rhythym or groove that seems to make walks more enjoybale,

Question: Would the recommendation be to simply suck it up and stick with the walks or maybe replace the walks with something that still low-impact like skipping rope, albeit for a shorter duration?

Sure, if you’d prefer to use short duration, metcon style work or my Predator Conditioning guidelines, that’s fine. Basically, 10-15 minutes of more intense work vs. a longer walk. Stationary bike at a low pace is fine too.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Sure, if you’d prefer to use short duration, metcon style work or my Predator Conditioning guidelines, that’s fine. Basically, 10-15 minutes of more intense work vs. a longer walk. Stationary bike at a low pace is fine too. [/quote]

Music to my Texan ears.

Appreciate the quick reply. Thank you.

RR