Biotest

Reflections on V-Diet

I saw some arguments over the usefulness of V-Diet on the T-cell Alpha forum, and honestly, although I didn’t experience much of taste changes, it still works BIG TIME! I’m personally using the V-Diet and is on the 25th day. What Shugs said about the diet, some true, some not so true(but I don’t deny it could work for some people).

Honestly speaking, I feel that this diet is in no way EASY. (There’s a huge difference between EASY and SIMPLE.) But my personal observations is that this diet does instill the much needed discipline that many people need to undergo good body transformation. Heck, even CT is using it TO GET SOME DISCIPLINE back! There must surely be some truth to the usefulness of this diet then, isn’t it?

For instance, I had some mad cravings for some curry-flavoured chicken(an asian cuisine that’s not exactly healthy) last night, BUT I figured that the discipline I’ve gained from drinking the same drink for the past 24 days helped me tough it out and not go get the cheat food.(How in world could resisting cravings and hunger ever be easy?! Man…)

As for the taste changes, I think what GetSwole said is true, that I am just craving for real foods so badly that I want veggies. (Not that I will no longer want cheat foods like fries or pizzas. Sad, but it’s true.) Of course this has worked for some people(ie. Gus), but this definitely doesn’t work for EVERYONE.

Maybe the upcoming V-Diet book would teach more about proper nutrition, kudos to it. Hell lot of people need that, not just for body transformation purposes, but health-wise as well. And I’m sure Shugs will do well on that department.

Despite not enjoying the taste changes as Shugs mentioned, THIS DIET STILL WORKED BIG TIME! I had lost 4inches off my belly so far from 37in to 33in, and lost 13.2lbs.(I started at around 18% at 178lbs. I know that’s light, but I figured I should cut to below 10% BF before I start gaining mass, and I had 2 yrs of training experience, going from 145lbs to 178lbs.) I never had this kind of results, probably cause I don’t have the discipline to tough out any real diets. So this diet worked wonders, firstly, in achieving RAPID results, secondly, in instilling the much needed discipline, and lastly, the EYES OF MORE HOT GIRLS! LOL.

All in all, I find this diet works cause it instills discipline into people, helping them to take control of their diets (portions, food selections, etc), and not exactly taste changes for SOME out there. And looking at the past successes, I think Shugs deserves credit for coming up with this wonderful diet. Thanks Shugs!

(Please feel free to add on/critique!)

I’m on day 2 and while the monotony of the diet sucks it’s also amazing because you don’t have to worry about anything. I have been eating healthy for ~1.5 years and just never got the leanness I wanted. So now I’m using it as a last plateau busting tool. I look leaner on the second day. I know it’s just water and what not, but I was on keto before this <30g carbs per day so I can’t have dropped THAT much water. Anyways, I think it’s a diet best used as a tool not as a replacement for instilling healthy habits with whole food, but then again it seems like Shugart designed it as a tool anyway.

I am a 65 year olde type II diabetic, interested in the V-Diet. My diabetic advisor is pro something like this and willing to be helpfull. There is some concern about going totally to protein shakes and the supplements. Does Chris or any one have any thoughts beyond the customary see your doctor, check your diabetic advisor…How about thinking our way through a senior citizen diabetic on a V type diet,s or some type of serious attack on excess weight. Wt is 253 this morning.

[quote]philipj wrote:
I am a 65 year olde type II diabetic, interested in the V-Diet. My diabetic advisor is pro something like this and willing to be helpfull. There is some concern about going totally to protein shakes and the supplements. Does Chris or any one have any thoughts beyond the customary see your doctor, check your diabetic advisor…How about thinking our way through a senior citizen diabetic on a V type diet,s or some type of serious attack on excess weight. Wt is 253 this morning.[/quote]

Our starting points seem pretty similar although you are older.

I am a 39y old type II diabetic. Medication has been 1 Avandia + 2x2 Metmorfin Retard 500mg /day.

I first dieted down from 118kg -> 103kg using Montignacs diet (a GI diet) in the 9 months preceding my first V-Diet. I also started going to the Gym for the first time in many years during this time.

After reading about peoples success with the V-Diet on this site and me seemingly to have hit some kind of plateau with the GI diet, I then did the V-Diet recently (using Waterburys intermediate program).

In the final stages of the diet I checked my sugar with one of those machines that punches a hole in your finger and you put a drop of blood on the sensor. It came out as 4.8 (Recommended range here is 4.2-6.0). So VERY VERY good. I have not seen that kind of figures in years.

Now I have to tell you, I expected that my blood sugar might actually come down, so for most part of the diet I used ONLY 2 pills of Metmorfin, but this was kind of me experimenting on my own, I urge you to do any changes in meds together with your doctor though.

The result? Well 4+2 weeks yielded a 10kg loss (103->93). I have now started my second run, then I think I am done with V-Diet this year…

Hopefully my journey serves as some kind of inspiration, atleast you know that it can be done.

Anyways, Good luck! Doing the diet might actually help you in reducing any medication you currently get. Just do it under your doctor’s supervision.

C

I am interested in the diet, but I was wondering what the starting out costs are? I am sure overall it is comparable to normal grocery shopping but to start it off I am curious of the cost.

[quote]traineee wrote:
II had lost 4inches off my belly so far from 37in to 33in, and lost 13.2lbs.(I started at around 18% at 178lbs. I know that’s light, but I figured I should cut to below 10% BF before I start gaining mass, and I had 2 yrs of training experience, going from 145lbs to 178lbs.) (Please feel free to add on/critique!)[/quote]

This is the problem and my eyes were finally opened to it. Depending on your height, your probably very small. The V-Diet is very effective and if done right has great results. If your dieting yourself to death to get to that 10% and losing muscle though, ask yourself is it worth it?

Disregard this post if your under 5’6"ish

[quote]Higgins wrote:
traineee wrote:
II had lost 4inches off my belly so far from 37in to 33in, and lost 13.2lbs.(I started at around 18% at 178lbs. I know that’s light, but I figured I should cut to below 10% BF before I start gaining mass, and I had 2 yrs of training experience, going from 145lbs to 178lbs.) (Please feel free to add on/critique!)

This is the problem and my eyes were finally opened to it. Depending on your height, your probably very small. The V-Diet is very effective and if done right has great results. If your dieting yourself to death to get to that 10% and losing muscle though, ask yourself is it worth it?

Disregard this post if your under 5’6"ish[/quote]

I’m 5’7 to 5’8, 174cm actually. I’m definitely not HUGE, and am rather averaged-sized. I’ve been thinking about gaining LOTS OF MASS before cutting, or cut before gaining mass. But I figured that gaining mass while I’m not lean would probably cause more fat gain than when gaining when I’m leaner, so I took the course of the V-Diet. I don’t know whether I’m doing the right thing, but I guess if I made any mistakes, it’ll be a good learning process anyhow.

[quote]traineee wrote:
I don’t know whether I’m doing the right thing, but I guess if I made any mistakes, it’ll be a good learning process anyhow.[/quote]

This is important. I’m in no way saying it was worthless or pointless because you did indeed get good results. I’m refering to the fact that proper eating can put on mass with minimal fat gain is the better option, I took a similar path to yours though and am sort of regretting it now.

Live and learn

[quote]Higgins wrote:
traineee wrote:
I don’t know whether I’m doing the right thing, but I guess if I made any mistakes, it’ll be a good learning process anyhow.

This is important. I’m in no way saying it was worthless or pointless because you did indeed get good results. I’m refering to the fact that proper eating can put on mass with minimal fat gain is the better option, I took a similar path to yours though and am sort of regretting it now.

Live and learn[/quote]

ha ha! Thanks for your insights really Higgins! I believe in putting on mass with minimal fat gain too, and I, too, hate to be skinny, honestly. After transitioning off, I’ll be moving off to a ketogenic diet. Hope everything goes well, for both you and I! All the best! If you have more advices, feel free to add on! I’d love to hear more of people’s experiences!

[quote]j22c11 wrote:
I am interested in the diet, but I was wondering what the starting out costs are? I am sure overall it is comparable to normal grocery shopping but to start it off I am curious of the cost. [/quote]

$700+

Flameout�?� Inflammation Scavenger, 90 softgels 2 $59.98
HOT-ROX�?� Extreme, 110 capsules 2 $89.98
Metabolic Drive�?� Low-Carb MRP Flavor: Banana 3 $98.97
Metabolic Drive�?� Low-Carb MRP Flavor: Chocolate 5 $164.95
Metabolic Drive�?� Low-Carb MRP Flavor: Vanilla 5 $164.95
Biotest? Superfood - 140 g (28 servings) 2 $79.98
Surge Post-Workout Recovery Drink, 16 servings Flavor: RootBeer 2 $65.98
Shipping
USPS Priority Mail $0.00
Tax
$0.00
Order Total (amount billed to your Credit Card)
$724.79

Superfood wasn’t part of the original diet, but yeah - I added it in too.

It’s fucking awesome and I think it’ll be part of my regular supplementation - like creatine, fish oil, and protein.

Also - STAY AWAY FROM ROOT BEER SURGE. The taste is ass-tastic. I haven’t tried anything but Chocolate, but I hear Original and Raspberry are good.

Raspberry is ridiculously sweet. Still good though.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
Also - STAY AWAY FROM ROOT BEER SURGE. The taste is ass-tastic. I haven’t tried anything but Chocolate, but I hear Original and Raspberry are good.[/quote]

Agreed

So I did the V-Diet about a year and a half ago, and am currently one week through a second go round with it. Here are some of my thoughts/reflections on my first go round that I actually jotted down before I started it the second time.

1. Do not, under any circumstances, cheat on you free meal. Really, this is how you dicked yourself over the first time. Don’t do it again.

2. Weekends are tough. Don’t sit on your ass watching television. Get the hell out of your house and go play some ball, shop, or go to the movie theater.

3. Don’t get on the scale. You know it doesn’t work for you. You’ll either be unhappy or use them to rationalize eating certain bad foods for your free meal.

4. The diet is going to get harder after you have had your first and second free meals.

5. Stick with Raspberry Surge.

6. When doing NEPA outside leave the watch at home. Just turn on an album on your MP3 player and walk away from your house until the album ends. Then turn around and walk back.

7. Dont tell anyone that you are on the diet. You know how you get, youll want to rip people’s throats out after explaining the diet for the one thousandth time.

Those are some great insights Charlie thanks for sharing! I love number 7 as I can see that one happening to me for sure. Hell I haven’t even started yet and I’m tired of talking to my family about it.

closed #16

closed #17

closed #18