Biotest

Red Wine!?

Hi,

On my one solid meal day can I have a glass of red wine with it?

Umm, I’m gonna say no. Why tempt yourself? I mean, when is one glass really only one glass?? Besides, it’ll taste all that much better after 6 weeks!

You can do anything you want but alcohol is sugar so wouldn’t be considered clean. I want wine and martinis and cake and ice cream but since the results that I will attain from this diet are directly correlated with how much I abstain from stuff like that, I’m not going to. Something to keep in mind.

I thought Chris said no alcohol while on the V Diet.

actually, I asked chris that on the other thread. He said it was ok on with the SHM as long as it was a small glass

While it’s best to avoid, one small glass of red wine per HSM is fine.

But again, we’re back to the slippery slope theory. One glass of wine might turn to two, and two might turn into a couple of beers, and that may turn into a weekend binge drunk accompanied by bar food which leads to the inability to perform the V-Burn the next day etc… for some people.

And I’m also afraid that me saying “one small glass of red wine with HSM” will magically transform into “Chris said alcohol is fine on the V-Diet!”

So, slippery slope. Some will be able to handle this, others will slip and fall.

Environment matters here. HSM dinner out with spouse = probably fine. Night out with “my boyz/girlz!” bar hopping = epic fail waiting to happen.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
While it’s best to avoid, one small glass of red wine per HSM is fine.

But again, we’re back to the slippery slope theory. One glass of wine might turn to two, and two might turn into a couple of beers, and that may turn into a weekend binge drunk accompanied by bar food which leads to the inability to perform the V-Burn the next day etc… for some people.

And I’m also afraid that me saying “one small glass of red wine with HSM” will magically transform into “Chris said alcohol is fine on the V-Diet!”

So, slippery slope. Some will be able to handle this, others will slip and fall.

Environment matters here. HSM dinner out with spouse = probably fine. Night out with “my boyz/girlz!” bar hopping = epic fail waiting to happen.

[/quote]

I am not afraid to admit that i fall into this category but not for the next 6 weeks

Interesting, but I’ll avoid it while on the diet. I don’t know what a small glass is when drinking wine!