Biotest

Really Fast Enchilada Soup

So I made this on the spur of the moment one night, when I had some random leftover ingredients from making Chris’s Mexican flatbread pizza.

Hamburger (whatever fat percentage you like and estimate around half a pound per serving give or take)

Sausage (I use sage sausage by Bob Evans Farm it adds some good flavor to almost anything estimate about 1/3 of the amount of hamburger you used)

Onions (I use white onion)

The above ingredients I brown together in a large skillet. I add spices as it browns.
I season the mixture with:
Cumin
Red Pepper
Black Pepper
Garlic
Chili powder
Sea Salt
a dash of Cinnamon (just a little with the meat makes the other flavors pop)

The seasonings are kind of just eye balled. And if you dont like one or want to add something else it probly wont hurt.

Once the meat is browned I spoon out a large porton of the meat mixture into a bowl. I pour some enchilada sauce over the mixture kind of drowning the meat.

Then here are some random ingredients Ill toss in based on what I have:
Black olives
Diced tomatoes
Diced tomatoes with grean chiles
Diced Green chilis
Large spoon full of Salsa
Black beans

Its really just whatever I have left over any combination is pretty good.

Then Ill give it a quick stir and put it in the microwave for about 1-2 min.
I top with cilantro usually

Other toppings:
Mexican blend shredded cheese
More salsa
Sour cream
Avocado
hot sauce

Its a simple flexible recipe. The only real cooking is browning the meat. Since I use this to use up whatever random ingredients I have in the fridge almost everything has already been opened, chopped, diced, or whatever. Almost anything works well with this.