Biotest

Ready to V-Diet...Or Am I?

Im 16 and am 168 pounds, 6’0 tall and wish to participate in this diet. Im guessing I am 10% body fat but I am not quite sure but I do know I want to look very lean and ripped by end of summer. I play alot of sports so I was planning on doing my V-Diet at the end of school so I can do the correct amount of cardio and follow the diet properly with nothing to hinder me. Here are some photos to show you what my body looks like now. Thanks for any advice.

Pic 2

Pic 3

The V-Diet is not for you.

yeah, first of all you’re sixteen! Second of all, you don’t have any fat to lose! I’d go more the muscle building route.

squats and milk

[I’ve always wanted to say that]

Plus deadlifts

But for real man, there are some awesome articles on this site for mass building…I would definitely recommend one of those…

Yeah maybe im a head case lol, but I really want to look extremely defined. I know im 16 and im young but i am very physically mature for my age and I just need some guidance. I have been lifting for half a year and i have a pretty good diet. Any help. Please?

[quote]Bigbertha92 wrote:
Yeah maybe im a head case lol, but I really want to look extremely defined. I know im 16 and im young but i am very physically mature for my age and I just need some guidance. I have been lifting for half a year and i have a pretty good diet. Any help. Please?[/quote]

“Definition” comes from muscle. You don’t have any yet. Heck, you barely have pubes. (Kidding, kidding…) But seriously, you are not “physically mature” for your age. You look like what you are: a 16 year old who has been working out for 6 months.

There are tons of great training programs on this site in our archives, along with a ton of great articles on good, basic eating-for-muscle guidelines. Just start scanning the archives and programs section and pick something that fits your needs.

Hard workouts several times per week and good clean food is all you really need. If you want to use something like Metabolic Drive shakes to make sure you’re getting good muscle-building nutrients, that’s fine (with parents permission of course), but you don’t need fat burners and all that right now.

Now, start reading and get to work: http://www.t-nation.com/archives.do?y=2009

Lets not bring the pubes into this please. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Throw some mass on bro! You’ll look and develop great.

Also, may I make a suggestion?

Change your profile/avatar picture to something not so “poser-ific”, as there is going to be a line up of guys ready to tear you apart.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with it, but let thy be warned.

Thankk you for the update. Im a newbie what can i say

Hey man, way to start thinking about health and fitness at 16. Keep up your healthy eating and resourceful mindset (i.e. coming to T-Nation). As Shugs has already said, there’s a treasure trove of information on this site.

You will have a head start on most people your age and given your clean foundation, you should be able to do some serious damage in the ‘man, he’s hot’ department come a year or two. Moreover, if you start getting into things this summer T-Nation style, you’ll likely see increases in performance for your sports already next season!

go get’em!

L

How long have you guys been lifting?

How long have I been lifting? 3 years…

How long have I been lifting properly and having nutrition to back it up? 1 year…

How long is it going take to get where I want to be? many more years

I have a similar body type as you and had trouble gaining mass and filling out (also getting some abs for ‘tha ladiez’). Dont take this as me talking about myself. This is just to give you some insight from my experiences.

I was ~160lbs last April even though I was hitting the gym all the time in high school. No size gains period. So I got some good information and a good workout program and went hard to throw on some mass. Pretty much ate, worked out, slept and drank water for a whole year consistently.

It worked very well and I threw on some weight. Lots of healthy foods, big compound lifts and proper sleep makes the world of difference.

That being said, Im still tiny tiny tiny. 10-12lbs of lean muscle in a year is great, but nothing to write home about. Put that over 5 years though and you’ll start to really see differences. Lifting and eating properly is a lifestyle that takes years and years to build up to the body and strength goals you are trying to achieve.

Dont try to rush things and get frustrated because you dont have an 18 pack or why you dont have 40inch arms and bench 7000lbs after 3 months of lifting.

Set some simple short term and long term goals. Once you define how you want to look and feel, find programs that are going to suit these needs. There a lot of great programs and information on this site, just like Chris suggested a few posts up. Everyone has different goals and reasons for working out.

You are 16!!! If you start doing things properly now, you will be crazy looking when you get into your 20’s. I would kill to have this information presented to me when I was 16.

I know you only asked, “How long have you guys been lifting?” But Im going to assume you are looking for more information or magical number to better put some time constraint on yourself like, “When will I be big and ripped?”

Lifting is a lifestyle, not a destination. Be humble. Enjoy it.

/matt

Well I am just wondering what I can add to my supplements list to gain maximum results. I know you all will say get a good diet down and workout routine first but I’ve been doing that. I already use creatine, Metabolic Drive, and Surge Recovery. I also have a good fish oil I take night and morning. Any other suggestions?? Thanks

[quote]Bigbertha92 wrote:
Well I am just wondering what I can add to my supplements list to gain maximum results. I know you all will say get a good diet down and workout routine first but I’ve been doing that. I already use creatine, Metabolic Drive, and Surge Recovery. I also have a good fish oil I take night and morning. Any other suggestions?? Thanks [/quote]

I would not recommend taking any more supplements than the ones you have listed. Those are really the essentials, and once I’m off the diet, I plan on using only those three + a greens supplement (like Superfood) if I can’t get my veggies in.

If you think about it, the only guys taking more than the above supplements are 1) old (thus needing the hormones) or 2) on roids. Everyone else has gotten where they are the hard way: eating clean, eating surplus calories, and working their asses off.

Would you mind elaborating on your diet/workout routine? Not to sound harsh, but 95% of people who think they have those two aspects down are in reality far from it. If that wasn’t the case, there’d be a lot more huge guys walking around.

squats, deadlifts, and milk

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
squats, deadlifts, and milk[/quote]

Money! Once your bench/squat/deadlift maxes are 1.5x/2x/2.5x your body weight, respectively, you should be on the right track.

I’m still working on it (hell, I’m far from it). Hopefully finishing this diet + a year of eating clean will get me to around 170lbs. And with 2-3 years of solid lifting, I think 255/340/425 lbs will be attainable.

Just do normal exercises boy, get some weight into yourself. You have nothing to lose in the first place.