Biotest

Ready to Break Through with the V-Diet

So here I am, finally ready to break through my fitness plateau and my stubborn rear end fat. I have been one of those cardio people all my life and recently started getting more serious about working with weights. I love it! I have stopped spending hours on the elliptical, isn’t it nice to NOT be at the gym for 2 or more hours?

But not only do I want to take my fitness to the next level, I need to get my eating habits in line. I have a killer sweet tooth and it’s keeping me from attaining the look I want. I’m sick of feeling like a slave to the malt ball. I joke but I’m actually extremely frustrated because I more or less undo all my hard work with a sugar session. Enter: Velocity. I hope to lose fat and tame, if not banish, my stupid sweet tooth. My stats and pics follow

height 5 5
weight 140
neck 13
shoulders 40
chest 32, 35
waist 30, 34
hips 38
arm 10.5, 10.5
upper leg 23, 23
lower leg 14, 14
ankle 8, 8

front

back…

side

So I’m actually on day two now. Pretty happy, not hungry at all. I think it has something to do with the HOT-ROX. Sleeping fine. The first shake I made tasted so horrible I it took me three hours to finish. Might have had something to do with my genius idea of adding ice and instant coffee, which only served to add volume and enhance some type of fish taste already present in the drink.

Nothing like a cold shake of sardine, rubber and splenda! Really, it’s like eating candy! :frowning: But after that I learned to drink the superfoods alone, not bad. The, just blend the remainder and it tastes good actually.

Going to the gym wasn’t too bad yesterday, but I think I can handle a lot more weight, wasn’t pushing perhaps? And got the walk in, but I love walking so it’s not something I dread. Looking forward to day three!

[quote]camillelorraine wrote:
So I’m actually on day two now. Pretty happy, not hungry at all. I think it has something to do with the HOT-ROX. Sleeping fine. The first shake I made tasted so horrible I it took me three hours to finish. Might have had something to do with my genius idea of adding ice and instant coffee, which only served to add volume and enhance some type of fish taste already present in the drink.

Nothing like a cold shake of sardine, rubber and splenda! Really, it’s like eating candy! :frowning: But after that I learned to drink the superfoods alone, not bad. The, just blend the remainder and it tastes good actually.

Going to the gym wasn’t too bad yesterday, but I think I can handle a lot more weight, wasn’t pushing perhaps? And got the walk in, but I love walking so it’s not something I dread. Looking forward to day three![/quote]

Fish taste? That’s a first. Did you take Flameout around that time, because that contains fish oil (though it’s pure and deodorized.)

Regardless, welcome to the V-Diet and be sure to keep us posted!

Best wishes, I am right behind you, starting tomorrow. I totally get what you are saying about the sweet tooth thing, it has been my undoing too. I am so Sponge-Bob ready to break that habit once and for all!

I’m so proud of myself! This is the first time in my whole life that turning down the notion of sugar has been the simplest thing. I’m sure it’s because my body is finally being fed properly, but perhaps also because the shakes are so sweet? Who knows, I’m just so overjoyed that I’m already feeling a sense of accomplishment and in all honesty…this isn’t hard.

Being on the Velocity thus far is has been physically and mentally satisfying. The shakes taste great, I LOVE walking and love spending less time in the gym, yet still being sore when I wake up. Okay, so I haven’t done the V-Burn yet :slight_smile: but I’m confident it will kick my ass a bit in a good way.

Everyday has been a success except when I made my last shake for the day (day 2) and grabbed the Surge instead. Damn! Not only did I just ingest 330 calories, but more importantly, that’s 44 carbs. At night. But I suppose it’s better to make an honest mistake than to actually cheat on this plan. Speaking of cheating…whenever I go to Whole Foods I have the habit of eating the samples there while shopping. And maybe I’ll take chocolate from the bulk foods?(shhhhhh).

But yesterday while I was there it wasn’t even difficult to push the idea of snacking out of my mind. In fact, I mindlessly picked a grape from the fruit section and upon realizing I was putting a grape to my mouth I threw it away in shock. Guess I have to keep my subconscious in line?
Well to wrap up, thank you for your comments, it’s nice to feel a part of something. It makes the diet feel interactive and like there a bigger sense of accountability. Looking forward to posting my new stats this Sat. And my HSM, come on, I’m salivating already.

already accidently posted this by itself, oops ignore that

It seems like you’re handling this quite well, save the lone subconscious snacking incident (which didn’t happen). Keep up the good work, and be sure to keep us in the loop!

Joe

Well hello Camille! You’re going through every thing I went through almost exactly! But I think you’re starting with a much better base than I did :wink:

Turning down the notion of sugar? Check! We both must have been sugar-holics in our pre-V-Diet lives. But yes being able to turn away from it is definitely worth being proud of.

Oh the V-Burn is nothin! No big deal at all. And I’m really Cinderella with blue skin and purple hair.

That’s funny about the Surge but yeah at least you realized it. Hard when the containers look almost identical.

The Whole Foods thing is nuts too. Yeah they have sample counters all over the place, and my first week on the vdiet I tried to go shopping there for my first HSM. Talk about…hungry anxiety attacks. I tried to avoid the bulk foods area but you have to GO THROUGH it to get to the produce, at least at my whole foods. What is the deal with that?

And yeah!! The grape! I mindlessly put bread close to my mouth before I realized what was happening and threw it down! Very funny, yeah weird how our subconscious does things without us even ‘knowing’ it. Glad you caught yourself heheh.

Looking forward to new stats and pics :wink:

Lisa

Thank you for all your comments, it truly is helpful to know I’m part of a community here.

It’s Sunday, day #2 of week two. Feeling great still, smooth sailing lately. My first HMS on Friday wasn’t really as great as I thought it would be. I think my body is still adjusting to this new plan of nutrition, all this protein keeps me so full. I wasn’t that hungry for the HSM and my work schedule doesn’t allow nearly enough time to enjoy it.

My V-burn on Thursday was great. DID kick my ass a little but I needed that. Completed 6 circuits in 37 minutes. I think for next time I will focus on a better time, duh, but also better form. Hand walkouts and push up claps are a freaking joke. I may look like I have some semblance of upperbody strength but when it comes to those aforementioned moves…what a joke. I was luck to touch my hands together between pushups, much less summon the strength to clap. I will get there though.

Yesterday (Saturday) was a gym day and a new measurements day for me. Gym was closed :frowning: I was exhausted and slept 3 hours after doing my Nepa walk with a friend. Finally I kicked my own ass out of bed, waited at the cold bus stop for 20m!!!, got to the gym and there’s a sign on the door about a fire alarm code being broken resulting in a closed gym. WTF. So I waited at the cold bus stop again, defeated, angry, tired. Went home and made final shake and went to bed.

Here’s my new stats:
height 5 5
weight (scale is broken 140 last time i checked)
neck 13
shoulders 39 (-1)
chest upper/lower 32/35
waist at navel 29 (-1)
waist at largest 32 (-2)
hips at largest 38
upper arm 10.5
upper leg 22.5 (-1)
lower leg 13.5 (-1)
ankle 8

That’s a loss of 6 inches total! I’m happy about that, I feel tighter and less bloated in the mid section, legs a little leaner. Excited about the weeks to come. Going to the gym today to make up for yesterday. 

:frowning: Horrible last couple of days. I’m so freaking tired everyday. HOT-ROX doesn’t work for me after a week or so. I used to take it before even starting this diet. And any other caffeine just makes me more tired. And water? Yeah I’m drinking a ton. I dunno. I’ve been doing everything I’m supposed to and these workouts are getting me really sore. I have two jobs and trying as hard as possible to get enough sleep in case that’s the reason, but Im TIRED. and pissy. I guess it’s working…

I’ve been told after week 2 there are more dramatic changes and less “I hate this” feelings. I’m not giving up, no way, but thought i’d vent.

Week Two, Day 13. Bleh.

[quote]camillelorraine wrote:
:frowning: Horrible last couple of days. I’m so freaking tired everyday. Hotrox doesn’t work for me after a week or so. I used to take it before even starting this diet. And any other caffeine just makes me more tired. And water? Yeah I’m drinking a ton. I dunno. I’ve been doing everything I’m supposed to and these workouts are getting me really sore. I have two jobs and trying as hard as possible to get enough sleep in case that’s the reason, but Im TIRED. and pissy. I guess it’s working…

I’ve been told after week 2 there are more dramatic changes and less “I hate this” feelings. I’m not giving up, no way, but thought i’d vent.

Week Two, Day 13. Bleh. [/quote]

Actually, the HOT-ROX is working, you’re just not feeling the stimulant effect as much. That’s okay, we don’t use it for the stimulant effect but rather for the fat loss and muscle retention effects.

The “feeling it” thing is a common issue. In fact, many so-called fat burners out there are nothing but loads of caffeine. I know that at one time the best-selling “fat burner” at GNC was actually just several forms of caffeine combined. It costs 45 cents to make and sold for $49! So why did people buy it? Because they “felt it.” It did nothing to help them lose fat, but they felt it.

So, stay strong, and I bet you’ll kick the blahs after your next measuring session. And be sure to read “The Grind” linked here:

You’re in the “Grind” period right now!

Grind on!

Those first sets of pics are looking good. You’re going to kick some ass on this!

Week Three. I’ve made it, Day 15 mothereffers. It was a freaking peaches and cream the first week and a half or so. And then something hit me, a wall of fatigue. Smooth sailing my ass. I’m tired. And Chris, you’re right about the HOT-ROX thing. I know it isn’t just a stimulant; I’ve noticed great results in the past aside from the stimulant properties. I just happen to really appreciate feeling cracked out on a 24 hour basis. Nah, just kidding. It’s a great product and I lag a bit when I don’t feel the nice boost from it. I work with kids all day, two different families, and I can only handle so many tantrums and whatnot before I want to pull my freaking hair out and hide in a corner. Can they be counted as “toxic people”? I’m only kidding. I love the little guys. But I digress.

Needless to say I’ve had a rough past couple of days, but after my second HSM and some much needed sleep yesterday I have a renewed sense of “I will demolish these last couple weeks”. Demolish? yeah. It sounded inspiring. I’m feeling pumped and ready to attack the rest of this diet. I want to see more results and I’m willing to work for them whatever it takes. So here’s to weeks 3-6!!!
And here are my new measurements:

Height: 5 5
Neck: 12.5 (-.5)
Shoulders: 39
Chest Upper: 32
Chest Lower: 35
Waist at Navel: 27 (-2)
Waist at Largest: 30 (-2)
Hips at Largest: 35.5 (-2.5)
Upper Arm: 11, 11 (add .5) GO SHE-RA!!
Upper Leg: 22.5, 22.5
Lower Leg: 13.5, 13.5
Ankle: 8, 8

Total inch loss week 2: 7inches!! I’m excited. That’s awesome. My scale doesn’t reflect much change, it’s like 139 last week at some point at my mom’s house. But 7 inches, plus last week’s 6…13 total. Hopefully I’ll start whittling those massive legs down a bit. My upper body is getting more muscle: those push ups are kicking my ass!

honey, the legs look fine to me.

Great job so far, keep it up

ho hum drum…just grinding away. nothing spectacular happened recently. this past week i haven’t noticed a huge change. my weight abilities at the gym have consistently increased which is nice. also, i got down to 24 minutes on the v burn from 37 the first time. proud of that for sure. i’m not sure why the scale hasn’t budged really. maybe it’s just my body composition changing? i have to be honest here and say i wouldn’t mind seeing it drop a bit. but, if it compromises my lean muscle, then i suppose it’s not worth it.

what else? well, i’m kinda pissed to find out i’ve been packing my Superfood to tight in the scoop and as a result have run out. need a scale. I ordered more Metabolic Drive as well because it’s now obvious it’s not meant to cover the transition weeks? did i miss that somewhere in the literature that you only buy the four weeks worth. if not, why wouldn’t that be made more obvious seeing as we all do the transition phase? hmmm, well, nothing i can do now and just glad i noticed before i ran out completely.
tomorrow is the v burn, then friday off!