Biotest

Rapid Weight Loss in First 2 Days

Chris, I am on Day 3 of the V-Diet. I am following it to the letter so far. However, I was surprised after weighing myself this morning that I had already lost 5.2 lbs… Is this rapid weight loss typical in the first few days of the diet (i.e. after only 2 days) and is it primarily decreased water weight due to the low intake of carbs?

Thanks as always.

I dropped about 6 pounds almost overnight, most of which would be water and glycogen. According to my knowledge, the first few days the diet basically depletes stored glycogen which in turn drops a significant amount of water weight also.

Good luck and stick to it!

Yes, everyone drops a pound or three of “water weight” during the first few days of ANY reduced carb diet. How much depends on a lot of factors.

Some people walk around very bloated and water-logged and others don’t. Those who do, or those who have been eating a lot of carbs previously, tend to drop the most water weight. But this is a good thing. No one needs to be carrying around that much bloat.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Yes, everyone drops a pound or three of “water weight” during the first few days of ANY reduced carb diet. How much depends on a lot of factors.

Some people walk around very bloated and water-logged and others don’t. Those who do, or those who have been eating a lot of carbs previously, tend to drop the most water weight. But this is a good thing. No one needs to be carrying around that much bloat.

[/quote]
Good to know…especially since I weighed myself first thing this morning and I have lost a total of 6.8 lbs. after three days! Truthfully however, I was taking in a lot of carbs during the holidays so it makes sense.

[quote]CallMeBruce wrote:
I dropped about 6 pounds almost overnight, most of which would be water and glycogen. According to my knowledge, the first few days the diet basically depletes stored glycogen which in turn drops a significant amount of water weight also.

Good luck and stick to it![/quote]

Thanks for the reply…do you remember on which day the weight loss stabilized?..I realize everyone’s different but I was just curious :slight_smile: