Biotest

Rannia's Velocity Diet Log (30/03/2009)

Hi everyone,
I’m going to start this thread as a diary of my progress on the V-Diet. I’m 29 and since I was “chubby” for the most part of my life I think it’s time to change :-). I’m getting married in July and I decided to be the hottest girl in my country on my wedding (It’s a small country; I only have to beat one million women; I can do this!! :-P)

I started with the diet yesterday. I have to say, even though I’m a sucker for cake and candy, the shakes are a bit too sweet for me, but I’ll suffer through them. Strawberry ones aren’t so bad. And I have a thing about swallowing pills which makes the fish oil and HOT-ROX far from enjoyable. But hey; it’s 27 days to go (26 and a half!!) and a person can do almost anything as long as she knows where the end is, right?

Here are my measurements. I apologize but I’m European, so it’s all in kg and cm (1kg is 2,2 pounds and 1 cm is 0.39 inches if you’d like to compare)

Height: 160 cm
Weight: 64,8 kg
Neck: 33 cm
Chest - Upper: 94
Chest - Lower: 86
Waist - at Navel: 86
Waist - at largest: 90
Hips - at largest 104
Upper Arm - L: 28
Upper Arm - R: 28,5
Upper Leg- L: 61
Upper Leg - R: 61
Lower Leg - L: 36
Lower Leg - R: 36
Ankle - L: 22
Ankle - R: 21

Yesterday was also my first gym day (I choose beginners level ofc.) Well actually the first day under this programme. My future hubbie had made me a programme which I was following, mostly based on principles he had from this site (he’s also the one that pointed out the V-diet).

Day 1:
Dumbbell Squat (10 kg) 8-8-8-8-7-3
Dumbbell Bench Press (5 kg) 8-8-8-8-8-2
Bent-Over Row dumbbells (7kg) 9-9-9-8-5
Plank Hold 50s-35s
NEPA: 45 min - 4mph - average heart rate 123

Weight for Dumbbell Bench Press was a bit low so I decided to go for more next week.

Anyway that’s it! I’ll update this when I have things to share :slight_smile:

[quote]Rannia wrote:
I can do this!! :-P)[/quote]

Yes you can!!

[quote]Rannia wrote:
But hey; it’s 27 days to go (26 and a half!!) and a person can do almost anything as long as she knows where the end is, right?

[/quote]

That’s a very good point.

When people say, “I’m going to try to lose some fat” they almost always fail. Why? No real plan, and most importantly, no finish line.

The V-Diet has a finish line and a goal: 28 days. And that’s one reason it’s much more effective than the slow, half-assed “I think I kinda wanna get in shape” plan.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Welcome to the Nation, and to the V-Diet.

LR

Hi Rannia,
What great motivation - I love it: to be the hottest girl in your country on your wedding (and afterwards!).

I’ll be following your thread as we have started about the same time. Today is my Day 1, so you are two days ahead.

You can do it! Hope your Day 3 was good.

right on! we got lots of people starting on the 30th too. and you have a great attitude toward the whole thing! i got my thread up too. “we can do it!” <<(guy from waterboy)

Welcome to hell week (Week 1). :slight_smile: There are going to be some tough days, but it gets easier every day. I’m on day 20 and feeling even more motivated than in the beginning.

If I may make a suggestion about your workout? I started out with way too easy of weights. I wish I had tried to figure out the right weight right then and there…cuz I feel like I’ve been taking it too easy (I’m on the beginner program too). If I could do it again, I’d push myself harder. By the looks of your sets (8-8-8-8-8-2)…you can easily add some more weight. Who cares if it takes 10 sets? Be mindful of the rests too…I didn’t start using a stop watch til week 2. Big mistake.

Wishing you well!!!

Hey Rannia wondering how you are doing! Remember we’re here to help if you are feeling a little yecky this first week. If not, more power to you! Let us know what’s up.

Thanks everyone for the support and tips :slight_smile:

In the meantime I am doing great :-). I feel all energetic, I love the exercises and so far I managed to swallow every single pill :slight_smile:

Day 2:

NEPA: 37 min (average heart rate 128)

Day 3:
Romanian deadlift (bar only) 10-10-10-9-8-3
Lat Pulldown (10kgx2) 10-10-10-9-7-4
Standing Shoulder Press - dumbbells (3kgx2) 10-10-8-8-7-7
Side planks: R:35-20 L:33-25

NEPA: 50 min (it was nice and sunny so I walked home from the office after work … good thing I live on the hill :-D)

I only used weight bar (15kg) for the deadlift since I’m still all sore from monday :slight_smile: and when it comes to my abs … I don’t think they exist :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know where you got all the energy for all your NEPA…especially on day 2 and 3! Way to jump in! Stretching (for a good 30-60 secs each stretch) immediately after your workouts will help with the soreness.

Keep strong these next two or three days…they were the worst for me.

DAY 4:

NEPA: 47 min (average HR 127)

I like this diet and program, I feel all bouncy :-D!

And going to the gym every morning makes me feel really good :smiley:

Yay for bouncy. I hear that. Great job so far!!

Lisa

Day 5:

Deadlift - sumo stance: (5kgx2) 8-8-6-6-6-6
Incline Dumbell Bench Press - neutral grip: (6kgx2) 9-9-8-8-6
Lat Pulldown - wide grip: (13kg) 8-8-7-5-4-4-4
Plank Hold: 1:01-37

NEPA: 45min

Day 6: - the V-challenge

31:17 … I feel drained, but I did it :smiley:

My Polar heart rate monitor says I used 313kcal 25% out of fat, my Max heart rate was 186 and average one 170.

I suck at doing Hand Walkouts, Pike Push-Ups and I did had to catch my breath a lot :stuck_out_tongue: but I didn’t give up.

So yay me!!!

Nice going :slight_smile:

31:17… wow… Im doing the first burnout tomorrow - gonna be interesting.

yay you! :slight_smile:

Day 7:

NEPA: 1h 9min

and an awsome HSM. It really did taste great :slight_smile:

So my first week is over and I still feel awsome. A bit tired of shakes, but the HSM really gave me the kick again :slight_smile:

I am happy that I have a lot of positive people arround me, well there are also some toxic ones, but I chose to listen only the positive ones :slight_smile:

Here are my measurements.
I was quite surprised, didn’t expect them to be that good :slight_smile: … I’m starting to wonder if I measured myself correctly the first time :stuck_out_tongue:

Height: 160 cm
Weight: 64,8 - 62,2 (-2,6)
Neck: 33
Chest - Upper: 94-92 (-2)
Chest - Lower: 86-82,5 (-3,5)
Waist - at Navel: 86-82 (-4)
Waist - at largest: 90-87 (-3)
Hips - at largest 104-102,5 (-1,5)
Upper Arm - L: 28
Upper Arm - R: 28,5
Upper Leg- L: 61-59,5 (-1,5)
Upper Leg - R: 61-60 (-1)
Lower Leg - L: 36
Lower Leg - R: 36
Ankle - L: 22
Ankle - R: 21

And since this is looking good, let the second week begin :-D. Also made some pics that I’ll post later since I’m at the office now :smiley:

Day 8:

Dumbbell Squat: (12kg) 9-8-8-7-7
Dumbbell Bench Press: (2x8kg) 8-8-6-6-4-4-4
Bent-Over Row-dumbbels (2x8kg) 9-9-8-7-7
Plank Hold: 57-36 (I still suck here :-P)

NEPA: 57min

eheheh You are doing great :slight_smile: :slight_smile: