I’m thinking about strategizing my supplementation to be more cost-conscious capping things around $200/month might be a good idea for me at some point.
With that in mind, I wanted to get your thoughts on the most effective plans.
First, my goals. I’m on a strength-gaining program, working from Starting Strength: so, two workouts, A) squats, bench press, power cleans, and B) squats, overhead press, and deadlifts. Warmup sets plus 3 sets of 5 reps for all except 1x5 deadlifts.
I’m 5’ 7", about 167 lbs, about 20% bodyfat, and 43 years old.
I’m managing mostly linear progression right now, and my weights are:
Squats - 211 lbs, deloading from failing at 231
Bench - 165 lb high
Power Cleans - 115 lbs, learning these…still new at them
Overhead press - 90 lbs, deloading from failing at 105
I’ve been using Plazma + MAG-10 + Indigo-3G (Plan 1, below, left in place for reference), but I think I might have to rein in my spending, so I’m looking for other options.
I’ve concocted a bunch of plan permutations, listed below with their costs for a one month (roughly) supply:
Plan 1: Plazma + MAG-10 + Indigo-3G: $490 (left in mostly for reference)
- 2 Plazma bottles: 3 servings/workout x 3 workouts per week x 4 weeks = 36 servings. 20 servings per bottle
- 4 MAG-10 bottles: (3 servings per day x 7 days + (one extra serving per workout day x 3 workout days)) x 4 weeks) = 96 servings, 28 servings per bottle
- 2 Indigo-3G bottles: 1 serving/day, 15 servings per bottle.
Plan 2: Plazma + MAG-10: $390 (Is this probably less effective without the Indigo-3G?)
Plan 3: Surge Workout Fuel + Surge Recovery + Metabolic Drive: $176
- 1.5-2 Surge Workout Fuel bottles, $90: roughly 1 scoop/30 minutes of workout, 2.5-3 hour workout = 5-6 scoops. 3 workouts/week x 4 weeks = 12 workouts. 60-72 scoops per month. 40 scoops per bottle.
- 1 Surge Recovery bottle, $50: 1 serving/workout x12 workouts/month = 12 servings per month. 16 servings per botthe.
- 1 Metabolic Drive bottle, $36: roughly one serving per day before bed. May have a second serving during the day, though. 31 servings per bottle.
Plan 4: Plazma: $130
Plan 5: MAG-10: $130
I’d appreciate thoughts on those plans, especially ranking the plans’ effectiveness for those under $200/month (so, Plans 3-5). Are there other plans that I should also consider?
Thanks very much for your time and attention!