Biotest

Rank Your Top 5 Biotest Supplements and Why?

1. MAG-10: best all around protein that works anytime. Amazing for recovery;

2. PLAZMA: a close 2nd only because of its limited window. Helps workouts and recovery.

3. Flameout: the top 3 are vital for recovery. Flameout is the icing on the cake;

4. Alpha Male: As a 35 year-old reborn meat-head this has done wonders for my mojo;

5. BRAIN CANDY: this is new to my rotation. I use the caffeine free. Love it. I’ve tested nootropics. I feel this more than Alpha Brain which is a nice supplement by Onnit. It is a clean, non-jittery focus.

Help Me Choose the 'Essentials'
Indigo-3G® for Women?
Superfood - Experiences and Opinions?
Share Your Plazma Results
Choosing One Supplement

If I may jump in on this too, I’d go with Indigo-3G and Plazma if I could only choose two. Those pics were taken about a year apart, pre-Indigo-3G and Plazma, then after about a year of using them. Long story short, Indigo-3G fixed my carb issues and did its thing, allowing me to eat more carbs and partition them toward muscle gain instead of fat storage. I could never properly increase carbs for good gains before Indigo-3G. I’d just get fat. For a former fat boy like me (obese in college), this was a miracle supplement. As for Plazma, well, when you can train harder, more often, and recover easily, good things happen. And Indigo-3G perfectly compliments Plazma usage. I’m a few more pounds up now, that last pic was taken a few months ago. Not bad progress for being in my 40’s when everything is “supposed” to slow down.

1. Plazma: if i had one supplement i just couldn’t do without, has to be this one
  2. Finibar: this coupled with plazma, best workouts of my life
  3. Carbolin 19: noticeable difference in body comp in two weeks of using…
  4. Brain Candy: pick me up without the jitters
  5. MAG-10: good for recovery, not as sore

Brain Candy original: I’ve tried lots of ‘nootropics’… CILTEP, Aniracetam/Neurostim, Neurodrive, bacopa, etc. Brain Candy is hands-down the best for attention, alertness, mood, calm, the list goes on.

[although I WOULD like to see Biotest invest in uridine mono-phosphate disodium salt (precursor to CDP-choline I think).]

Plazma: forget what it is like to feel sore.

Curcumin: science behind it is amazing, good BDNF supplement.

Resveratrol: get really good vascularity from this, and it’s also great for your health.

Superfood: good health and cognition benefits from EGCG & sulforaphane. Also just straight up good for you.

I was going to say Elitepro Minerals, but I take a separate high quality multi-vitamin with other stuff so I excluded it.

1. Plazma: I’ve followed the entire stream of Biotest workout drinks starting with Surge Recovery, and this is by far the best.

2. Indigo-3G: Much like Chris, I’m a former dough boy who couldn’t tolerate carbs, which made progress slow and insufferable. However, this all changed with the addition of Indigo-3G. Along with the obvious performance and physique benefits of carbs, something else I’ve noticed thanks to Indigo-3G is the enhanced mental attitude of just enjoying a well-rounded diet. Not only am I not fearing carbs, they’re working for me. Positive reinforcement, baby.

3. MAG-10: At this point, I don’t even know what else needs to be said about MAG-10. The recovery properties are amazing, the ease of pulsing is appreciated, and the summer heat is calmed by a cold lemon drink.

4. Alpha Male: As someone who’s battled testosterone issues from an early age (I’m 29 now), Alpha Male – and previously TRIBEX – have been a godsend.

5. Power Drive: Oh, Power Drive. Even though Brain Candy is part of my morning routine, I have to give a shout out to my first love. And now that I use you post-workout, I will always think fondly on those euphoric workouts you kickstarted with your Tangy goodness.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
If I may jump in on this too, I’d go with <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G and <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma if I could only choose two. Those pics were taken about a year apart, pre-Indigo-3G and Plazma, then after about a year of using them. Long story short, Indigo-3G fixed my carb issues and did its thing, allowing me to eat more carbs and partition them toward muscle gain instead of fat storage. I could never properly increase carbs for good gains before Indigo-3G. I’d just get fat. For a former fat boy like me (obese in college), this was a miracle supplement. As for Plazma, well, when you can train harder, more often, and recover easily, good things happen. And Indigo-3G perfectly compliments Plazma usage. I’m a few more pounds up now, that last pic was taken a few months ago. Not bad progress for being in my 40’s when everything is “supposed” to slow down. [/quote]

Impressive, Chris!

I use the following at least 5 days a week, and consider them to be essentials. In no particular order:

1. Brain Candy
  2. Metabolic Drive powder
  3. Plazma (every workout day)
  4. Metabolic Drive bars

For #5, I probably would go with Z12. Even though I don’t consider it to be truly essentially, it’s effective and I like it.

I add Surge Workout Fuel to my drink when I do conditioning work, and if I didn’t use Plazma, MAG-10 would be a staple. I also use Creatine, but it’s not from Biotest. When I run out, it will be.

[quote]SBT wrote:

If I may jump in on this too, I’d go with <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G and <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma if I could only choose two. Those pics were taken about a year apart, pre-Indigo-3G and Plazma, then after about a year of using them. Long story short, Indigo-3G fixed my carb issues and did its thing, allowing me to eat more carbs and partition them toward muscle gain instead of fat storage. I could never properly increase carbs for good gains before Indigo-3G. I’d just get fat. For a former fat boy like me (obese in college), this was a miracle supplement. As for Plazma, well, when you can train harder, more often, and recover easily, good things happen. And Indigo-3G perfectly compliments Plazma usage. I’m a few more pounds up now, that last pic was taken a few months ago. Not bad progress for being in my 40’s when everything is “supposed” to slow down. [/quote]

Impressive, Chris!
[/quote]

X2.Someone has been hard at work behind the scenes.Great job Chris.

No micro-pa, huh??

Not bad progress for being in my 40’s when everything is “supposed” to slow down. [/quote]

Does the smile ever come back? Or is that a permanent side effect?

1. MAG-10. Results.
  2. Seven. Sharpness.
  3. Carbolin-19. Hardness, Fullness.
  4. Brain Candy. Goodness.
  5. ReceptorMax (damn it). Cinnamon pee and phantom pumps.

1. Plazma - train using Plazma for a month and then stop using it. Your workouts will then feel half-assed, you will feel like you aren’t recovering between sessions and you will be sore…and weak and sad. You will then pimp your sister in order to get more Plazma. Simple as that.

2. Brain Candy- much like Mike Tyson and his Zoloft…I’m on the Brain Candy to keep from killing y’all. Seriously though, Brain Candy is invigorating and calming at the same time and enhances mental focus and the ability to tolerate idiots without going completely sideways. If you’re prone to social anxiety at all or if you just don’t like talking to people Brain Candy helps with that too.

3. Z12 - My work schedule sucks and I’m often dealing with stuff that keeps people up at night or drives them to drink. Z12 guarantees a quality bout of sleep everytime and I hit the ground running in the morning.

4. Spike - this isn’t any every day use item for me (not since Brain Candy became available) but I keep a pack in my work bag for when the call comes in that means its now gonna be an all-nighter. The guys I work with scramble for the coffee and caffeine pills and I reach for the little yellow tablet. They wonder ‘what the f*ck is he taking’ and ‘why is he not exhausted right now’.

5. Indigo - Carbs are delicious. Carbs used to make me fat. Carbs no longer make me fat. Sweet.

[quote]dave-g wrote:
the ability to tolerate idiots without going completely sideways[/quote]
so much this.

1. Plazma - helps my muscles recover at a pretty awesome rate

2. Elite Mineral Pro - because minerals, always lets me sleep really well and feel better the next day

3. Power Drive - when I’m feeling sluggish and like my CNS is beat up, some Power Drive will pick me right back up

4. Spike - sometimes you need energy

5. Flameout - keeps the joints lubed really well plus the other health benefits.

Plazma/thread

1. Plazma. This made such a huge difference in my training
  2. Metabolic Drive. Delicious, high quality protein
  3. ZMA. I sleep like a rock and never get sick
  4. HOT-ROX. Fast track fat loss and get lots of energy.
  5. Carbolin 19. I definitely notice I can lean out a bit and build muscle simultaneously.

That’s all I have used consistently currently and in the past.

I’m halfway through my first bottle of Alpha Male and I feel very…alpha. This may end up on my top 5.

Plazma - I honestly don’t even remember what DOMS feels like and I’m approaching 40 in a few months. Gym sessions used to leave me tanked after about an hour. Now, I can honestly go for two hours and leave only because of the time on the clock. I run circles around people half my age and the only rest periods I take are to to add weight or take it off the bar. There isn’t any supplement, ever, that even comes close to this one.

MAG10 - For much the same reasons as Plazma, I’ve used both. MAG10, I’ve used pre, during, post workout. Also for pulsing and meal replacements, mostly snacks. Definitely the most versatile product.

Indigo - Carbs, need I say more? They were never an issue for me until my mid 30’s and it allowed me to actually eat carbs, lots of carbs, without fear and my body composition actually changed for the better, as did my mood and energy levels.

Brain Candy - I’ll have to steal PB Andy’s response here. It’s awesome stuff.

ZMA - I have a fairly physical job in a warehouse, a house to keep and a baby at home (that still doesn’t sleep through the night). This allows me to actually feel like I’ve slept and without all of the calf and foot cramps. Without it, doesn’t matter how long I’ve slept, I wake up feeling like I was hit by a train. This one’s a staple.

It’s really hard to narrow it down to five!

Plazma - Seems to be a recurring theme here. I will sometimes train without it for various reasons or situations and it sucks. I’m tanked, I can’t push nearly as hard and I always have to drop the volume significantly. I still get some DOMS with it but it’s mild compared to what I do without. It is the top item on my supplement budget.

Z12 - A life safer for me. My work schedule is different every day and I don’t know how I would manage without this on the days I only get 5 hours of sleep.

Power Drive - I don’t always use this, but anytime I have a planned overreaching cycle I take it religiously. The mental fatigue from hitting the point of over reaching is unbearable without it.

Brain Candy - 16 hour days at work and day’s starting at 5am with hardly any sleep don’t stand a chance.

Micro-PA - I only used this in a 12 week cycle but I saw strength and muscle gains. I’m now cutting but I’m still 8lbs heavier then before I started with the Micro-PA and I’m leaner then I was.

I plan on trying Indigo soon, but sadly haven’t had the funds quite yet.

[quote]dave-g wrote:

1. Indigo - Carbs are delicious. Carbs used to make me fat. Carbs no longer make me fat. Sweet.[/quote]

Biotest should put that in the bottle! Simple and true.

for those voting Plazma, how many scoops have you guys been taking?