Biotest

Ranch Dressing

[center] Sexy Salad Dressings [/center]
Ever read the back of a bottle of salad dressing. Scary stuff: added sugar, junk fats, MSG, and several ingredients your college chemistry prof probably couldn’t pronounce. What’s in that “hidden valley” anyway, a chemical processing plant?

I gave up store-bought dressings a long time ago. Today I make my own using only a handful ingredients. This allows me to choose exactly what’s in there, reduce unnecessary calories where needed, and get rid of the garbage found in the store-bought stuff. Oh, and it tastes better too. Here’s a favorite:

Dilly Ranch Dressing

[center] [/center]
1 cup mayo, preferably <a href="http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_recipe/_homemade_mayo"target=“new”>homemade
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper, to taste

Whisk all ingredients together and enjoy.

How about honey mustard? Here it is in case you missed my <a href="https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisShugart"target=“new”>Twitter post.

Honey Mustard Dressing

[center] [/center]
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
pinch of Splenda or stevia to taste

Shake in a jar or whisk to combine.

Got your own salad topper to add? Hit reply and lay it on us!

Salad Dressing Recipes

anyone have a good homemade olive oil dressing?

That ranch looks amazing, definitely going to give it a try soon!

[quote]jdubs27 wrote:
That ranch looks amazing, definitely going to give it a try soon![/quote]

Truth is, most of the time I don’t even use it on salad. I dip beer-can chicken in it. Great for just about anything.

Perfect, I was thinking it sounded great with chicken. I love ranch, but prefer other dressings for salad. Ranch and chicken…mmmmm…

Chris, do you by chance know of any healthy recipes for breaded chicken? Ya know, sans bread crumbs or grain-based flour?

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]jdubs27 wrote:
That ranch looks amazing, definitely going to give it a try soon![/quote]

Truth is, most of the time I don’t even use it on salad. I dip beer-can chicken in it. Great for just about anything.

[/quote]

THANK YOU.

I get the weirdest looks from family, friends, waitresses… shit, everyone, when I tell them I don’t like anything on my salad. I always request no dressing, and would even if I didn’t give a shit about my health- I love onions too much to drown them in the amniotic fluid of aborted Predators (or whatever they make Hidden Valley out of).

Now, as a dipping sauce for chicken/turkey/carb-free taco salad, that’s a different story. Shit’s delicious. I just never understood how anyone could take a dish that’s supposed to be fundamentally crispy (say, a grilled chicken breast over spinach, onions, lettuce, jalapenos and cucumbers) and douse it in weird, soggy liquid.

Oh, and I just made the ranch- I love it. Good on 'ya!

[quote]jdubs27 wrote:
Perfect, I was thinking it sounded great with chicken. I love ranch, but prefer other dressings for salad. Ranch and chicken…mmmmm…

Chris, do you by chance know of any healthy recipes for breaded chicken? Ya know, sans bread crumbs or grain-based flour?
[/quote]

Use almond meal in place of bread crumbs.

[quote]firespinner93 wrote:

[quote]jdubs27 wrote:

[/quote]

Use almond meal in place of bread crumbs. [/quote]

Ditto.

And coconut oil.

Thanks, will try!

This came together ridiculously easy. Maybe five minutes from putting the ingredients on my counter to putting the finished product in a jar.

I topped a huge salad with a few tablespoons of it and then a few more later on over an extra lean ground beef/egg combo. I’m not sure I’ve ever eaten so much salad or ground beef with such ease.