Biotest

Quicksilver's V-Diet Log

Ok, so this is essentially going to contain my (hopefully) day to day reflections on my thoughts of this diet. I started lifting when I was around 16, took it very seriously for quite a few years, and then started to back off quite a bit, because life manages to get in the way (GF (now ex) at the time). I started to put on pounds during my BSN program, due to excessive partying.

But now I recently graduated (again) with my BSN, and finally managed to get a job as an RN. So since life started picking back up, I’m going to focus more on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Problem is, my willpower has been whittled down to almost NOTHING over the past few years. I realize that as I’m getting older, I can’t keep eating like I’m 18. I’m using this diet to not only help me kickstart some fat loss, but I’m also helping I’ll have the “tastebud reset” effect as well.

Also, my workouts have seemed just so boring since my progress has all but halted (I’ve been stuck on a 425 deadlift, 365 squat, and 265 bench for a while now), since I seem to have bad luck in terms of getting injuries and whatnot. I hurt my low back pretty bad a few months back which put me out of commission altogether for about a week, and ever since then, I’ve just been super paranoid about having another injury.

Bottom line is, I’m tired of being at the BF% that I’m at, and something needs to give. Here goes!

WOW. That’s an awfully big picture. Let’s try a side shot with a more normal sized pic.

Wtf? Mods, can you fix this?.

So my thoughts for the first day: I had a bit of a headache around 5-6:00, and I thought my stomach was going to punch through my abdomen and eat all the food in my house.

I wasn’t able to do as much NEPA as I would have liked. This was due to poor planning. I also forgot to include the superfoods in my dinner meal as well. Won’t forget that for tomorrow!

I will say that the banana protein and peanut butter tastes great!

I’m currently at 190 lbs, and 21% BF.

I’m blaming the headache morning-mid afternoon on the sugar/processed carb withdrawal. Other than that, so far, so good.

I’m having a fiber tablet with every meal, and I’m using the Creatine Malate as an optional supplement with this diet, but no Leucine. Is that bad?

I walked about a mile and a half, along with helping a friend move a bunch of car parts, so that was basically my NEPA, as well as parking pretty far from anywhere I needed to go to today.

There’s something to be said about the finality of this diet. There’s no chance to rationalize cheating with this at all. No wiggle room for error. You have the shakes, and a HSM once per week. There’s no going around that.

Yesterday’s workout wasn’t stellar, but very surprised how quickly it lasted. The overhead squat felt a little bit awkward, but I made it work. My abs hurt a surprising amount from the rollouts!
BOBB Row- 135, 155, 165, 165 for 6, 6, 6, 2.
OH Squat- 115, 95, 95, 95 for 2, 6, 6, 6.
Dip- BW+25 for 6, 5, 6, 3
Ab wheel rollout (Used barbell with a 5 on each side) 5, 6, 5, 4.

And now I am enjoying my last shake of the day on Day 5. Peanut butter, 1 scoop of banana, and 1 scoop of strawberry. I am looking forward to my HSM like you wouldn’t BELIEVE. The headache disappeared after the 4th day, and I actually feel pretty good by today.

10/22: WGLP: 125x8, 137.5x8, 9, 9, 6.
Incline DBBP: 50x9, 9, 10, 9
Romanian DL: 225x8, 8, 9, 8, 7
Barbell Curl: 85x8, 8, 75x8, 6, 5
Hanging leg raise: 9, 8, 8, 8, 7.

10/23: 40 minute walk 3.6 @ 7.5% incline.

10/24: My hamstrings were still super sore from the RDL’s I did on the 22nd.

Front squat: 155x5, 5, 5, 4, 6 (really pushed hard here)
CG Bench press: 155x5, 5, 4, 3, 4, 4.
Chin-ups: BWx5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3.
Push press: 45x5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3

Man, I want “real” food so bad right now. I’ll have a faint scent of a BBQ happening reach my nostrils and I’ll just start salivating viciously.

Hey quicksilver, we are pretty much on the same timetable, hope you are dong well. I dropped 5 pounds in week one.

THis is my 2nd VD (did 1 4.5 years ago). Embrace the smells and sights of food, realize they cause cravings, and them beat them! That is what healthy, lifelong eating is anyway right?

You look better than I do at the outset, you are going to crush this thing!

Hennelly

Ok, so I just completed the advanced V-Burn challenge and the first few sets were killer, but as my CV system kicked in, the rest was downhill from there. Took me 53 minutes.

Had a medium black dark roast coffee from Tim Horton’s around 12:30. Helped give me some energy and stave off my appetite.

I have a question:

Do I have the Surge Recovery after my V-Burn challenge?

Either way, I’m heading to a benefit for a friend.

Thanks, Hennelly!

So I had my HSM tonight. It was grass-fed steak, a sweet potato, some broccoli, a big salad with balsamic vinegar, blue cheese, olive oil, olives, some cherry tomatoes, onions, and radishes. I actually shut off the TV and really savored the meal. I had a much greater appreciation for what I was partaking in, instead of just mowing down food mindlessly.

Well, back to the shakes for another week!

Oh, and one more question (if anyone feels like answering it). Is it imperative that I keep the HSM to the same day each week, or can I do it on this upcoming Saturday, and then the following Sunday again?

I think I remember reading from Chris that you do not drink the Surge Recovery shakes with the V-Diet challenge. I do want to mention that I drink them anyways since it really ups the intensity for me. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply! I’ll keep that in mind. Since my end goal is to lose fat, I’ll stick to not having them after the challenge, but having the shake as a post-workout recovery deal.

So far, so good! I’ve been feeling a lot leaner, and I’m down five pounds!

I did some fasted NEPA yesterday, with good results. By the end of it, I felt content. I can tell my body’s metabolism is really accepting this diet, since I feel better doing this than when I was eating “real” food. My energy is through the roof! Given how much better I have been doing, I’m definitely re-sold on the idea of how a good diet can do wonders for overall well being

I’m still baffled by how quickly the Monday workout goes.

Well, on to Wednesday’s routine!

HOW is the diet going?

Pretty well, actually. I’m still having the usual food cravings. Some asshole at work brought in General Tso’s chicken and lo-mein for lunch today though. The smell was so freaking awesome and I wanted it so bad it was borderline nauseating!

But then I think about the fat I’m losing and it becomes tolerable.

I do need to do more NEPA in general. Today in particularI did plenty though. I’m working at a brand new gym on the PT side of things, so I’ve been running around all day, helping newer people with their pitch, showing them the ropes, getting equipment set up, as well as semi-working out with clients too, so I’ve been much more active today than usual.

The way I look at it, I need to look like I know what I’m talking about, not just knowing it! There’s no way I could garner respect from other trainers/clients looking the way I do, regardless of my knowledge base. That’s another bonus to this diet as well.

I start my new RN job on Monday (orientation, but “actual” work nonetheless, not at a gym), and I’m interested to see how well I’m going to be able to have my shakes with the work schedule.

But alas, in a little bit here I’ll be having my final shake of the day and hittin’ the hay.

So I ended up going out with friends last night, and I pretty much just did seltzers w/ a lime slice the entire night, finishing off with water+lemon. I obviously DD’ed for three people, so that felt pretty good.

A friend had a meal in front of me, and the only thing that kept me sane is the pretty significant fat loss I’m experiencing from this! My abdominal fat pinch is getting noticeably less and less.

I’m going to try to find a brick and mortar store near me where I could get a bottle of HOT-ROX, to keep the fat loss going quickly over these next two weeks, and keep me awake for these “real” work shifts (not the 4 hour shifts I’m having now).

Weighing myself tomorrow morning!

Well as of yesterday, I am down 9 lbs so far! Although I did eat a couple slices of pizza (no additional crust), 3 wings, and a big salad full of a variety of veggies in it since there was a family party going on.

The workouts are going well, and I can now fit into my suit pants comfortably (which previously I had to stuff myself in, causing low back discomfort), which I found out yesterday for my first day of orientation. 8 hours of lecture yesterday and today. Yikes, the NEPA really helped me regain sanity.

Now that I’m kickin ass with this, I have my sights set on what I’ll be doing in terms of diet and training after this is done and over with.

Any recommendations?

So I’m on the eve of the 3rd week of this diet, and the results are truly astonishing. I’m losing fat quickly enough that it’s actually noticeable to myself in the mirror. I’m gaining my confidence back when dealing with others, and feeling fantastic!

The v-burn challenge continues to kick my ass, and I’ll probably make up a variation of it when I have completed this diet. Clearly my conditioning is crap, and that needs to change! Still took me 50 minutes to perform the advanced protocol.

I’m gonna enjoy sushi tomorrow for my HSM.

I’m surprised I’ve lasted this long with not having any alcohol. Haven’t gone this long without a drink since I was under 21, believe it or not! I’ll resume normal alcohol consumption when this diet is over (5 or so drinks/week), but resisting it for as long as I have is true testament to how much willpower I’ve gained since the beginning of this.

If anything, being able to rely on the shakes has allowed me to eat my lunch much quicker than if I had to prepare a meal or have to buy it from the cafeteria. I’ll more than likely still include Metabolic Drive in my daily protocol after this is over. I may just throw in some added food that I’d be able to quickly eat alongside the shake.

So I didn’t lose one freakin pound coming out of this third week, but I AM down 4% bodyfat (now down to 17) since the beginning of this. Keepin on truckin’!

Last week!

So, how did week 4 go!?