Biotest

Questions

Kostia asks:

Could Biotest’s Surge Workout Fuel be used by a teenager (14.5 years) for one time, to gain weight after the weight in, to hydrate and gain power before the competition (is in combat fights and needs to lose weight before the weight in)? I am not talking about every day use, but still - wouldn’t it be dangerous at such age? Anything else you would recommend instead?

And a second one - do you ship internationally? Or have distributors in Israel?

The label says do not use if you are under the age of 18.

That said - yes you could use it, it’s a great product, the hyperosmotic glycogen load ingredients will re-hydrate you rather quickly. As for it being dangerous, consult a medical professional :slight_smile:

[quote]T NATION wrote:
Kostia asks:

Could Biotest’s Surge Workout Fuel be used by a teenager (14.5 years) for one time, to gain weight after the weight in, to hydrate and gain power before the competition (is in combat fights and needs to lose weight before the weight in)? I am not talking about every day use, but still - wouldn’t it be dangerous at such age?[/quote]
Like Corst said, the label doesn’t recommend it for anyone under 18. I’m, personally, about 90% sure that’s a mandatory legalese catch-all since there are no stimulants, hormone boosters, or other “advanced” ingredients in Surge Workout Fuel, so there’s no way I’d say it’s at all “dangerous”, but to be on the 100% safe side, I’d say that I don’t think it’s something you’d need to use right now.

Lots of weight class athletes (fighters, powerlifters, competitive strongmen, etc.) do use Surge Workout Fuel to rehydrate after cutting weight, so it definitely serves that purpose very well. A lot of that, though, depends on what exactly they do for their weight cut. If you’ve read about cutting weight at all, there are smart ways to do it, dumb ways to do it, efficient ways to do it, and inefficient/ineffective ways to do it. Cutting weight can be tricky.

At your age, I’d just wonder if the weight cut is mandatory or if you could simply compete at whatever your walk-around weight is, even if it means going up a weight class. The other option, depending on when the fight is and your current condition, is to drop a bit of fat and lose “weight” that way.

It wouldn’t be a short-term weight cut and would take more work, but might be worth considering. You may want to start a thread here either in Beginners or in the Combat forum to lay out more details and get better feedback about your overall approach.

Biotest does ship internationally. It’s based in the US but tons of guys outside the US use their supplements.