Biotest

Questions for the Pro

Hey guys. I’m thinking about doing the V-Diet and have a few questions. Sorry if I come across like an idiot, it’s been a few years since I’ve followed a program and need a vocabulary lesson, in addition to a little bit of instruction before I start.

First and foremost, under the training section. I’m a bit confused about the reps. and the RM. First off, for the 40 reps. Is that 40 reps in 1 set? Or a total for 40 reps in the 10 or 12 sets it takes you to complete you 40 reps? Does that make any sense? I’m just a bit tattered on the way the downloadable sheets are formatted I guess.

Secondly if the Load says (8-9 RM) what does that mean exactly? is that like a % of your max in that field of exercise? Thanks for your input! Again sorry for the ignorance, I’m just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together before I start on this long arduous journey.

Please read section 5 of the V-Diet program, “Secrets of Velocity Training.” I think that will answer all your questions.

If not, here’s how I’ve answered a similiar Q:

Q: I’m not sure if I understand the Velocity Training program. Do I really try to get 20 reps per set?

A: No, no. Let’s break it down using Monday’s workout on the Intermediate program. Here’s what it says:

Total reps: 20 per exercise
Rest: 30 seconds between each set
Load: Heavy (4-5 RM)

Okay, the load is supposed to be heavy, so choose a weight that allows you to only get 4 or 5 reps on the first set. This should be a max, as in you can’t get 6 reps. Now, rest 30 seconds.

Then, using that same weight you used on the first set, do another set. You may only get 3 or 4 reps this time. That’s okay. In fact, the number of sets doesn’t matter, as long as you get 20 total reps for that exercise. Once you do, move to the next exercise.

So your sets might look like this as you work toward the 20 rep total on heavy day:

Set #1: 5 reps
Set #2: 4 reps
Set #3: 4 reps
Set #4: 3 reps
Set #5: 2 reps
Set #6: 1 rep
Set #7: 1 rep

That comes to 20 reps. If that takes you six sets, fine. If it takes you eight sets, fine. As long as you get your load right on the first set, you’re good to go.

Just remember to follow the rest period guidelines (note they’re pretty short), the tempo guidelines (lift fast) the weekly progressions (shorten the rest periods.)

Thanks for clearing that up. As far as the diet is concerned… In the diet calculator, should we enter our desired weight or our current weight?

The Superfood and L-Leucine… are they flavored? Should I avoid mixing them with the whey?

[quote]Jimippa wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. As far as the diet is concerned… In the diet calculator, should we enter our desired weight or our current weight?

The Superfood and L-Leucine… are they flavored? Should I avoid mixing them with the whey?

[/quote]

1. Current weight

2. Superfood: natural flavor. Leucine: unflavored.

3. What whey?

Honestly, I really think you need to sit down for an hour and read the full V-Diet program. You don’t seem ready, since all of this info is in the diet program.