Biotest

Questions Before I Take the Plunge

Gotcha Curax - i really appreciate it.

10/08/2008

Weighed in at @ 251.5lbs and here are my measurements.

• Around the largest part of your belly/love-handle area: 48.5
  • Upper leg (thigh): 24
  • Lower leg (calf): 17.5
  • Chest: Across nipple line: 45.5
  • Between belly button and nipple line (upper abs area): 46
  • Shoulders: 51
  • Upper arm: 15
  • Neck: 18.5

Thoughts?

Morning shake will be 2 scoops of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive with Superfood +scoop of flax.

3 shakes in between morning and night will be just 2 scoops, nothing else.

Night will be 2scoops+flax.

Workout days will be that plus post workout scoop.

I’m noticing I’m about 40 grams under recommended protein intake and I’m not too far under the fiber intake so I won’t sweat that (from what I read). I’m gonna wait to make sure I’m not shittin rocks with this much protein first.

Thanks,
Joshua

I don’t know why it is so damned small - you can view it here: http://llarian.net/~joshua/daily.JPG

Wow - I’m a total idiot. I don’t have enough Metabolic Drive to last me through the week! I hope I can find some local in Seattle.

[quote]joshua wrote:
Thoughts?

Morning shake will be 2 scoops of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive with Superfood +scoop of flax.

3 shakes in between morning and night will be just 2 scoops, nothing else.

Night will be 2scoops+flax.

Workout days will be that plus post workout scoop.

I’m noticing I’m about 40 grams under recommended protein intake and I’m not too far under the fiber intake so I won’t sweat that (from what I read). I’m gonna wait to make sure I’m not shittin rocks with this much protein first.

Thanks,
Joshua[/quote]

Are you really going to take in 4 servings/day of Flameout (=16 caps)?
If not, you have some spare calories that could be used on more Metabolic Drive. You will get pretty near that 40g you were lacking…

Get some of those Fiber choice pills anyway, they might give you just that much more satiety that it keeps you sane on the diet. The worst part is if you quit because you can’t take it…

Otherwise it looks pretty solid.

Don’t start before you ensure you will have the stuff you need when you need it…

Curax

That was a typo, I read the label as saying 1cap4times, not just 4 caps per day. Same thing ultimately, just a misread which resulted in typo.

I see what you’re saying about the Metabolic Drive. I could add 2 scoops, maybe doing 3scoops for my 7AM and 10AM shake then 2 for the rest out.

My schedule for shakes right now is looking like this - 7AM 10AM 1PM 4PM 7PM.

Just had my first one, strawberry aint bad at all! As far as fullness goes, between my coffee and shake (I made it a bit chunkier with ice per Chris’ faq), I feel fine right now - like I’m full.

[quote]joshua wrote:
That was a typo, I read the label as saying 1cap4times, not just 4 caps per day. Same thing ultimately, just a misread which resulted in typo.

I see what you’re saying about the Metabolic Drive. I could add 2 scoops, maybe doing 3scoops for my 7AM and 10AM shake then 2 for the rest out.

My schedule for shakes right now is looking like this - 7AM 10AM 1PM 4PM 7PM.

Just had my first one, strawberry aint bad at all! As far as fullness goes, between my coffee and shake (I made it a bit chunkier with ice per Chris’ faq), I feel fine right now - like I’m full.[/quote]

Your typo also affected the total calories / day :slight_smile: i.e I think you used 4x52kcal, and if you are taking only one serving then you have 150kcal in your calculation to spare, which would amount to approx those 2 scoops of MD.

I think you might be better off splitting it to 6 shakes (if it timewise works for you, you get a more constant stream of protein that way).

I used some vanilla MD and the sweetness was just way too much for me. I saw in the supp & nutrition thread a protein bar recipe using the vanilla, so I am going to try that to see if I can offload the rest of it into those bars.
I am currently transitioning out from my diet, so maybe I can put these into good use.

Hey Curax,

Yeah I fixed it and adjusted it.

I’d really like to avoid six shakes a day cause its just so much - plus I’d have to have a shake closer to sleep time. Would it be bad to have a few shakes higher in calorie and protein earlier than the later ones?

I’m not hungry at all and it is time for shake 2 in just 35 minutes.

[quote]joshua wrote:
Hey Curax,

Yeah I fixed it and adjusted it.

I’d really like to avoid six shakes a day cause its just so much - plus I’d have to have a shake closer to sleep time. Would it be bad to have a few shakes higher in calorie and protein earlier than the later ones?

I’m not hungry at all and it is time for shake 2 in just 35 minutes.[/quote]

Sure you can do 5, you can always try 6 some days if you want.
There is still something fishy with the calorie calculation on the workout day, it doesn’t add up, there is like 50 more calories in the end result than what comes from the individual rows. This is not totally bad, as I would suggest you increase the amount of Flameout to atleast 1,5 servings i.e 6 caps/day, you could even do 2 servings if you want and can afford it.
Going with 6 shakes a day becomes a no-brainer then, 1 cap per shake.

A bit more fish oil doesn’t hurt, it rather helps.

Really? The cell is pretty braindead: =(C14A14)+(C15A15)+(C16A16)+(C17A17)+(C18*A18)+(Carbolin 19+A19)

When do you usually take your Flameout?

Those things are effing huge. Certainly don’t go down easy.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Carbolin 19 + A19, there it is.

Wait, no, that has zero change since HOT-ROX has zero calories.

[quote]joshua wrote:
Really? The cell is pretty braindead: =(C14A14)+(C15A15)+(C16A16)+(C17A17)+(C18*A18)+(Carbolin 19+A19)

When do you usually take your Flameout?

Those things are effing huge. Certainly don’t go down easy.[/quote]

Look at the linked picture it adds up to 1652 if you take it row by row. So something is wrong. What number is in cell “Carbolin 19”? 60?

I actually alternate my fish oils a bit, so I take 2 caps with each shake for a total of 10 caps/day. 3 x 2 Flameout and 2 x 2 AnotherBrand. The fat profile is vastly different in the “unbranded” version though. Yes Flameout caps are huge, but its a lot of omegas in them.

How is your progress?

Hey Curax, well I got through my first two containers and then realized I wasn’t going to be able to afford the entire process at once and took your advice to wait until I can do the entire cycle at once. So, I’m just stashin money aside until I get the ~$800 to shell on a month of food. When I did the math my spreadsheet was all screwed up because I was factoring in “1 serving” for every meal of powder when reality was it was 2 servings per meal.

For the time being I’ve been reading Christian’s nutrition for newbies and lookin for a good cookbook. It won’t give me that awesome 4 week slam that I would love but it is a start.

[quote]joshua wrote:
Hey Curax, well I got through my first two containers and then realized I wasn’t going to be able to afford the entire process at once and took your advice to wait until I can do the entire cycle at once. So, I’m just stashin money aside until I get the ~$800 to shell on a month of food. When I did the math my spreadsheet was all screwed up because I was factoring in “1 serving” for every meal of powder when reality was it was 2 servings per meal.

For the time being I’ve been reading Christian’s nutrition for newbies and lookin for a good cookbook. It won’t give me that awesome 4 week slam that I would love but it is a start.[/quote]

Cookbook, look at Berardi’s precision nutrition. He has 2 cookbooks in there that may help you achieve your goals. Didn’t check if they can be bought separately. Think they are called Gourmet Nutrition 1 & 2.

About the cost, how much do you spend on food in a typical month - you can subtract that from the $800 as you won’t be eating that…

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.